It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to get the best unfiltered news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My apologies if I posted this in the wrong place but where is a good place to get 100% unfiltered international news? I usually just cruise MSN, CNN, MSN; while keeping an eye on The Daily Show & The Cobert Report; & I pick and choose what to read/believe. However the journalism is rather biased on the main stream media networks & I figured there's a group keeping a non-judgemental eye on things & reporting it likewise. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I like

www.breitbart.com...

but it will update you on everything from breaking AP news to Sumo wrestling fights in Japan.

Then there is skynews out of the UK

news.sky.com...

And I really like FeverIAm, a Canadian living in the UK that does vloggs

www.youtube.com...

Rense.com of coarse (you can see the slant there better than anywhere

www.rense.com...

For a good laugh, hannity.com

forums.hannity.com...

And of coarse the tickerforum, the freshest doom on the internet

tickerforum.org...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "unfiltered news" after a news bit or story has been put into the hands of a media outlet. Think about it; every so-called reporter or journalist has his or her own perceptions, spin, biases, etc., thus, when they report a bit or story, it invariably becomes tainted.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Copecetic

I go with Link TV.

It has no corporate sponsors, which helps when giving non-bias reporting. They play a lot of good documentaries and the news programs are great, like Democracy Now. Good channel.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why do you think I come here? First thing I do is hit "recent posts" and check out what is going on.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Good post , I was looking for some of these.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
There is no such thing as "unfiltered news" after a news bit or story has been put into the hands of a media outlet. Think about it; every so-called reporter or journalist has his or her own perceptions, spin, biases, etc., thus, when they report a bit or story, it invariably becomes tainted.

Indeed. As much as we'd love to be unbiased in our own thoughts, we can't help it.
BE the filter you seek.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
good sources i'll check those out, thanks every one

However I find some of the sources on your lists such as CNN, FOX & MSNBC are biased and dont report the things that really matter. Also the journalists, reporters and anchers throw in their opinion which has a tendancy to distort the meaning of the news & whats really being reported; which in turn distorts our individual perceptions about whats really going on in the world.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Copecetic]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copecetic
good sources i'll check those out, thanks every one

However I find some of the sources on your lists such as CNN, FOX & MSNBC are biased and dont report the things that really matter. Also the journalists, reporters and anchers throw in their opinion which has a tendancy to distort the meaning of the news & whats really being reported; which in turn distorts our individual perceptions about whats really going on in the world.

I may be wrong here, but I think that's the point: sometimes in order to see the central issue, you need to view it from many angles.
I still watch clips from MSM outlets, but as with any source, interpretation may still be necessary.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the informative links. I am off to bookmark them now.

It's a shame so many are sucked in by the msm.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this site is awsome
I go there everyday. Real news!
Not CNN or Fox...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If you can read other languages, it is also always good to check out some foreign press.
A lot of stuff they cover never gets mentioned in American news, anywhere.
From politics, to sports, arts, science, etc.

new topics

top topics

join