It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Scientist Able To Conduct Reserch By Itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Robot Scientist Able To Conduct Reserch By Itself

www.dailytech.com

A new robot developed in the United Kingdom has the ability to conduct research by itself

Researchers have successfully developed a new robot that is able to reason, formulate theories, and work on new scientific breakthroughs without the need of real scientists.

This marks the first time that a robotic system has been able to make its own scientific discovery with minimal intellectual input from humans. Researchers have been able to create software programs able to analyze data for hypotheses, but this is important because the robot is able to take a scientific experiment from a hypothesis, experiment, reformulated hypothesis -- if necessary -- all without the assistance of humans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Opinion: I see this as the next step in a really bright future if this technology can be used for good and not evil. I found it interesting as well the author used a picture of A Terminator at the top of the article. I do believe that the evolving technology is at a critical point in the direction of its heading.

www.dailytech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by dntwastetime]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
When looking at this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...in conjunction with your post. Combining the technology, we could just shoot a couple robots into space, let them do their thing and stream their data back to us.

Neat!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the scientists inventing themselves out of a job?

Good going, dorks!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A robot that can re program its self, lol sounds like that could go wrong, u seen The Matrix!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I once heard an investigative reporter quote a piece of an interview he did with a scientist from the classified R & D works. The scientist was a roborics engineer especially having to do with AI. He said, and I quote, "I know I'm building things that will enslave my gradchildren, but it's just so COOL!"

Good Job Guys! USA! USA!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And so Skynet began. Judgement day is upon us, folks.
Next up: The robot discovers where his socks dissapear to when he puts them in the dryer.

lol

This is a big step though. Just being able to use a robot to carry out experiments in cases where it might be harmful or fatal to humans can bring about some interesting things I'm sure

top topics

join