It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll, Please list your top 3 threats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
1: Big government which leads to economic collapse and Obomber trying to make us part of the NWO. Which will lead to uprisings and Obomber bringing in U.N. troops. Then it will be civil war.

2: Possible nuclear war caused by retaliation to NK missile launch.

3: Virul Pandemic

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Cashless society (all transactions and exchange mechanisms conducted electronically using data implanted (chipped and pinned?) into my body)

Loss of free will (only I can make truly rational choices and decisions concerning my life/path)

Imposition of Sharia (only I can make truly rational choices and decisions concerning my life/path)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A very interesting topic that caused me to pause and ponder circumstances less on a national or global scale and more on a personal level. Kudos!

In my immediate circumstances:

I. The continued unavailability of jobs in my state.
II. Legislation preventing the exercises of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of protest for fear of reprisals.
III. Continued prejudice in various areas. Specifically, to quote Gattaca, "I belonged to a new underclass, no longer determined by social status or the color of your skin. No, we now have discrimination down to a science."

In the long-term:

I. The continued economic collapse.
II. Legislation outlawing my rights in the name of "tolerance".
III. Continued prejudice, as mentioned above.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Honestly and with no sarcasm the answer is easy for the top three.

1. Advancing age.
2. Health.
3. A failing economy.

There are many more that could be listed, but you asked for the top three.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Fun thread NR. Nice replies and some new people who are ATS vets that I havent seen in survival before.

Top 3 threats, or worries? I live in the middle of nowhere, with a more remote bug out location. Honestly, I dont have any real worries.

Society economic collapse, dont really care.

Nuke strike? Not where I am, no one would waste a nuke on this place.

The Bears getting Culter? Okay, maybe a little, now he has a defense.

The Obama NWO coming to take my guns or savings or lifestyle? Little matter, I dont have alot of money or care about it at all. Lifestyle, good luck. Guns. Hahaha. Ill lose in the long run, but will take enough of you with me.

So honestly, while all of the posters have good ideas, and very good points, none of them really scare me at all.

The biggest fear I have in the world today (with the obvious exception of gnomes of course) would be Monsanto. They are my 1, 2, and 3 concern.

No one should have the right to dictate what types of foods are grown and consumed. We need heirlooms, other hybrids, not Monsanto telling the world what they need to grow and how much to pay for it. I have my heirlooms, but eventually they may cross breed with a hybrid. Monsanto is my personal greatest threat to my way of life.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Top 3 threats.

1) Islamic terrorism out of control.
2) Muslim female terrorists and female suicide bombers out of control
3) Westerners still sleeping - up to their necks in political correctness!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Excellent thread, Raider. It was an interesting read, comparing others' concerns with my own. Here are my top three, in no particular order:

1. TOTAL NATIONAL ECONOMIC COLLAPSE/ U.S. SANCTIONS President Obama and Prime Minister Gordon Brown seem determined to root out the diabolical e-vile represented in small nations that choose to not cooperate with the IRS -- Sweden, Barbados, Turks & Caicos, Kits, Cayman Islands. Most of these nations depend upon their offshore banking for their basic revenue. Already I am reading threats of possible sanctions against this tiny country of 45,000 souls. Okay, so the PTB have figured out other places to hide their money -- good for them. President Obama is going to take your firearms, subvert the Second Amendment, become the very article of governmental opression that the American forefathers were so concerned about. BTW -- just as a semi-rude aside...... doesn't Gordon Brown have one of those names that seems to need the title of "Chef" in front of it? NEVERmind.

2. WORLD WAR. I think all the variables and facets of the horror of WWIII are already in motion. It's like we see it, see where it is going, and then, as a people/nation, shrug and say to ourselves, "nuttin' I can do 'bout it." Well, there is something I can do about it. I can talk about how utterly stupid and genocidic it is to even have the capability of toasting the planet. Expect this to continue until my connection to ATS and other sites is cut. I expect by then, all our choices will be seriously truncated.

3. APATHY AND HELPLESSNESS. Look ...... we as a species can overcome, adapt, change/shift/morph into almost any imaginable situation, if we could but do it together, not opposed to each other, not in competition for vital resources. I think many of us are just giving up, throwing up our hands and proclaiming we're too small, lacking in influence, no sand, no grit. I see it around me, sitting here in the 5 month aftermath of Hurricane Paloma. Some push forward, regardless of their loss, and others......... others suffered until the grid came to meet them and then they embraced the grid...... POWER ON!!! Turn on the A/C full blast and never look back !

I think we have to ALL shift our paradigms of living and survival toward something that we can collectively sustain. There was a time in my life where the food I wasted could have nourished a whole FAMILY in other parts of the world. Listen, these days...... if it is compost, then that means it's too spoiled for me to use in a soup. I don't buy disposable paper products anymore, I wash towels. We are not poor, but we also have no faith that our family financial total will continue to have any worth or meaning whatsoever. We have invested in solar products. I feel confident they will arrive before any global downturn. I intend to help as many folks as I can make the transition to simpler living, as the changes manifest themselves. I am not so evolved that I will allow one bean, one match, one cup of water to be taken from me by force. I am, and always have been, full of hope, and appreciative of humor.

End of rant. Thank you for the space, NRaider

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thank you all very much who have posted so far, theres so much wisdom, experience and knowledge out there, I get humbled by the enlightened insight so many of you have. Please keep posting if you have time.
Respects to all
NR

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1) government
2) government
3) government

4) overpopulation

I put #4 because I've lived long enough to witness the profound impact of too many people. Running around Austin when I was a kid, I could get anywhere in the city in minutes. Today, it's so crowded, travel there is a freakin' disaster. Quality of life was much higher. Government control-freaks were not so much of a problem. Same thing in L.A.

We should have stopped policies years ago that favor big families like tax deductions/wealth redistribution per child, aid programs per child, etc.. We should be working on population reduction right now thru long-term education and extensive family planning services.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by rko_radio]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Top 3 is very hard to nail down. Some change from week to week, and if you think about it... they probably should change with the prevailing current conditions.

1. Pandemic: Highly likely! I don't trust big phara as far as I can throw them.

2. Food: Lack of genetic diversity of our food, and eliminating our choice on what we can buy or grow by the government (seems to be the way it's going in the US).

3. The NWO/Black government: Actually they kind of bring on the first two. But I have a feeling they have far worse thing planned for us than just the top two.

Fires normally make an appearence. Although this only tends to be in my top 3 during the summer.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
1. That truth appears to be dead.

2. The hidden aliens/devils who dominate and control the U.S., the world and people.

3. The rise in disasters, earth changes, diseases, violence and indifference.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
My top 3 in particular order is..

3..Foreign government...N.Korea is a perfect example right now..If little Kimmy had Long Range ICBM's,and his mental state deteriates any more than it is now who's to stop him from hitting the big red Easy Button?

2..terrorist cells in the U.S. and the under paid scientist or hazmat driver..We have seen how easy it was to switch up Flu vacines with the bird flu virus..I'm truly concerned about the driver that is carrying the worst concocktion of biological life killer,that was proposed to leave his unmarked van at a desired location and pick up the sack of 100 dollar bills and walk away..If the driver or whoever is in financial dire straights,is this the easy way out??I would hope this never happens,but is the most suspect to me..
EDIT#meaning in general any briberary in the scientific bio feild..

1..Global economic tidal wave..Is the next Greatest depression comming?It may be..Tent citys are popping up all over the place,state workers are working on ferlow''sp''..Cutting back this and slashing that is only a short term fix..These bail outs are only short term..I cant under stand how general Motors is gonna pull billions out of there pockets to stay afloat on there own withing 60-90 days without the help of the fed..The masses are living hand to mouth now,what about in the next 6 months...

ARE YOU PREPARED??
I'm counting down..

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
1. Random invasion-assault by China
2. Poisioned crops or people.
3. Nuclear assault on the capital.

I don't know, really.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
1- Unconsciousness
2- Unconsciousness
3- Unconsciousness

For this is the root to all of our problems in this physical experiment.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
1 Me, making sure I don't screw up me or anyone else[any worse than I have]is a full time job.

2 You, or everyone else really. Lots of idiots in the news lately killing random innocents.

3 Some force I am unaware of, ie viral/alien/natural/religious.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
1-my so-called government
2-unsecure borders
3-my so-called government

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Number three in my immediate concern is now the Taepodong-2 rocket North Korea launched, and whether Kim has more.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Running out of frosted flakes

running out of milk

no clean bowls

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
1/ drug companies playing around with Avian Flu and other dangerous diseases.

2/ WW3 due to staged economic collapse

3/ Solar storms will increase as we approach 2012 and we are so dependant on electricity so it will be a natural disaster

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hmm...some replies are getting a bit silly, but here are my top 3:

1. Economic instability leading to collapse of the economy overall.

2. Economic instability leading to social instability.

3. "Change You Can Believe In" turning out to mean integration of the US into a fascistic international governing and economic order that robs us of our sovereignty and causes even further economic instability (see 1 and 2 above).

It seems to be a closed circuit that just spirals downward, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join