It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is mainstream media pandering to us conspiracy theorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have been noticing lately that the mainstream media have been helping the CT cause to some degree. For example fox news and other channels have been screening sympathetic pov towards people involved in anti nwo campaigns etc. Here is an example: donklephant.com...

This is really fishy.. and it isnt the only example.. i dont have much time atm to give other examples but im sure you people have come across many. On this forum alone people have started using clips from fox news, cbs etc that show povs that you wouldnt expect mainstream media to put up with, let alone broadcast. Why is this? Is this to keep us complicit so we think that people in the mainstream media actually care and to get people to shy away from alternative more neutural media sources? Don't fall for it people.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i defiantly agree, i have noticed this as well and have tried to make mention of it. i dont have the time as well to gather the resources.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrew123
I have been noticing lately that the mainstream media have been helping the CT cause to some degree. For example fox news and other channels have been screening sympathetic pov towards people involved in anti nwo campaigns etc. Here is an example: donklephant.com...

This is really fishy.. and it isnt the only example.. i dont have much time atm to give other examples but im sure you people have come across many. On this forum alone people have started using clips from fox news, cbs etc that show povs that you wouldnt expect mainstream media to put up with, let alone broadcast. Why is this? Is this to keep us complicit so we think that people in the mainstream media actually care and to get people to shy away from alternative more neutural media sources? Don't fall for it people.

Haha, thanks for pointing this out. I noticed this for the first time when a sudden rash of GLEN BECK videos started to appear on ATS as if FOX news suddenly wasn't part of the fascist take-over.

Regardless, the reason they do this is simple. To completely ignore and not acknowledge actually makes the CT's more plausible, and also gives them no opportunity to change directions of the populations perception of so called conspiracy theories.

Instead what they do, which is HIGHLY evident with Glen Beck for example, is they agree that there is something wrong, but pervert figures and change facts to show the theory in the light that best suits their needs. Fundamentally its a method of distraction. And because they appear to be showing empathy for the movement, more and more of the movement begins to trust them, so that when a future event happens they can be the ones to inform the conspiracy theorists of the facts.

Essentially, they're using it to distract the majority of the population that wont look up the hard facts themselves. Instead relying on a major media outlet to "research" and formulate a viewpoint for them.

It's a very poisonous situation, and thats why I never supported the pushing of these videos by Beck, but he is not alone.

Edit: Furthermore, the fact that they were clearly able to sway the views of so called "hardcore conspiracy theorists" simply by showing a little empathy, highlights the fact that people are just sheeple - even those on this site who claim to want the truth.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

It is all down to the fact that conspiracy theorists are the new audience they want to capture, so many people realise the plan now but are close to finding what this is actually all about and its that big that most people walk away even when it shines in their face.

They dont want you to see it, if your glued to a tv screen you wont.

Keep looking and seeking and you might just go around in a complete circle like I did. You do not have too though because its right in front of you.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It could also be that CT news doesn’t require hard evidence, just speculation. They don’t have to retract a statement they issue, as it’s not their statement. If it proves false, then it looks bad as on the CT rather than them, in a “don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just reporting the news” kind of way.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Think nothing of it. There is a BITTER DIVIDE in the former NWO.
The side we see emerging now is nothing close to the George HW Bush original.

The other side left with all the current conspiracy friendly media under their arm. Lets not forget the scrutiny of a certain mighty newspaper mogul not long ago either.

As well consider the need for distraction since the truth movement has propagated faster than a winter flu. A lot of uptight people need to be relaxed first, allowed to breathe and get back to a normal life for a while before their heads are lopped off from the next boogie man.

On top of all that maybe they want to *project* a divide!
Who's the good cop now?

Seems to me they are implementing divide and conquer. Got us asking these questions now don't they?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

Recently it was said that the NWO people have finally been able to make their case as the US and the rest of the world push for closer governance across borders and a global monetary system created under such a global government. No longer is this in the shadows, it is out in the open and blatant and it must be addressed.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
While the media is complicit in structuring the NWO, some media PEOPLE are just that - people who work for the media corporations. Why wouldn't we expect that some of the media people would be waking up as well? Granted, I've been surprised that they'd be allowed to say some of the things that they've been saying. I've just written that off as the elites allowing it because it's so obvious anyway and maybe they want it publicized as a desensitization.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In response to the question, "Why is mainstream media pandering to us conspiracy theorists?"

It's a very good point. The subject of ufos seems to have been reinvigorated in the mainstream media thanks in large part to CNN and Larry King, who has been doing shows focusing on the subject for the last four or five years now.

King seems to have singlehandedly spearheaded the ufo movement in the mainstream media, an undertaking that came out of virtually nowhere, and has me scratching my head.

Also, ever since Ron Paul came onto the scene a couple of years ago and started really telling it like it is I became suspicious, even confused.

Since that time, Paul has publicly stated that he wants to not only abolish the Income Tax, but also the IRS, the Federal Reserve, the Department of Education, the Department of Energy, the CIA, the FBI, and other government programs he considers wasteful and ineffective(?).

Paul also seems to have made a hobby of reprimanding the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, on live television.

Add to this that the mainstream media is even addressing the subject of chemtrails, and Jon Stewart's recent attack on Jim Cramer from CNBC's Mad Money, and you have a bona fide mystery on your hands.

No to mention that 2012 is now the subject of at least five different feature films, including a project at Nickelodeon; one with Roland Emmerich (Independence Day), and another with Michael Bay (Transformers).

In essence, it appears that the mainstream media has joined the conspiracy community - they're talking directly to us.

But, again, to what end?

Some suggest that the truth has reached such a boiling point, that it can no longer be ignored, or hidden by mainstream media.

Some suggest that we are being manipulated yet again, as the powers that be who control the media are always "on the ball" if not entirely ahead of the game, anticipating this move years in advance.

My knee-jerk reaction - as this is about all the time one has to reflect, given the seeming speed and spontaneity with which this position has been taken by the media - is that the powers that be (through the media) understand that we are nearing a boiling point with regard to the truth; they are fighting to maintain control, so if they must acknowledge these things, they can spin the information to their advantage.

It can be as simple as that; although I understand there is more to it.

2012 is a good example of spin, as events that will in reality be positive are spun by those in control of major Hollywood studios as catastrophic events.

An anchor on a Fox News morning talk show had sort of a sidebar on the subject of 2012, where she shared about researcher's (and segments' of the public) enthusiasm about the subject.

As she reflected on what might happen during that time, the studio incessantly played a laugh track as a cheap gag, which clearly undermined any seriousness, or credibility the discussion might have invited.

So, clearly, the mainstream media - the elements working against us - are acknowledging these things, but are also putting their own spin on the subjects in the hopes that they can deflect, or undermine the significance of these subjects.

To me, if there is any spin at all it means two things: First, that the truth threatens to damage these folks - groups whom do not have our best interests at heart; and second, that whatever it is that these folks are spinning is about to come to a head; otherwise, they would not feel the need to address these subjects at all.

Ultimately, these are subjects the powers that be would rather not have to address at all; but they are being forced to.

The funny thing is, these folks believe that "spin" is going to prevent the awareness and changes occurring now from occurring; or, at the very least, they understand they are delaying the inevitable.

Either way, we win.

new topics

top topics

join