It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these really photos of "Inner Earth" taken by the ESSA satellites?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i'm not sure if these have been debunked yet, and a Search didn't bring up much of anything here on the site, but i came across these "Hollow Earth" pictures, suppossedly taken in January 6, 1967 by ESSA-3, and in November 23, 1968 by ESSA-7...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3dc2f1905b.jpg[/atsimg]

ESSA-3

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f87033c8224b.jpg[/atsimg]

ESSA-7

The U. S. Environmental Science Services Administration (ESSA) was created in 1965 as part of a reorganization of the United States Department of Commerce (USDOC). Its mission was to oversee the nation's weather and climate operations. In January 1966, ESSA changed the Weather Bureau's name to the National Weather Service (NWS), and the National Data Center was renamed the Environmental Data Service (EDS). In 1970 ESSA was reorganized again and it became the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Its satellite program was launched by NASA in 1958, and ended with the decommissioning of its last satellite in 1977. ESSA served as a complement to the The Television Infrared Observation Satellite Program (TIROS).

en.wikipedia.org...
nasascience.nasa.gov...

this site offers a fairly decent explanation for these, but also speculates that they could be legit...
moteprime.org...

other related sites of interest:
www.thenewearth.org... (lots of info, including Admiral Byrd's Diary)
www.sacredconnections.co.uk...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

obviously photo editing is incredibly easy now, and could have been just as simple back then...

is there an ESSA catalog of all the original photos taken by those satellites??

personally, as much as i'd like them to be real, i'm afraid that these just may be some of the many fakes that are floating around online - the actual, genuine photos from the ESSA missions would greatly help!

what's everyone else think??

[edit on 2-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have several theories why the poles are blacked out, and my top theory is that the government doesn't want us to know the true nature of the ice at the poles. There are lots of inconsistencies, and there are extreme contrasts- with what the media is letting out.

They say the world is warming but there is an article in the local papers about how late spring is in coming. We had an inch of snow on April 1 and frost on the ground the next day when the latest I remember there being snow is late February.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I cannot discount Admiral Byrd's account concerning there being a Hollow Earth. Why would he craft up such an amazing story?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There's nothing stopping anyone from going to the North pole.

Many, many people have gone there, even the guys from Top Gear managed to drive there in a Hilux.

There is no hole there, nor is there a hole in the south pole.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

well, one could fabricate a story for any reason they want, but yes, making one up from way back when in that era seems a little less plausible...

i heard there was supposed to be a "Hollow Earth Expedition" last year, but it was cancelled...

www.voyagehollowearth.com...

also, is it true that satellites can't fly over the poles because there's no mass there to keep them in orbit?

The reason no polar orbiting satellites can fly over the polar opening is because there is no mass there to exert a gravitation acceleration towards the earth to keep them in orbit. ...the very first satellites put in polar orbit were lost because they had not taken into account the existence there of a polar opening into the earth's interior. Therefore, all subsequent polar orbiting satellites have had to be put in orbit so that they do not go over the polar opening.

www.ourhollowearth.com...

"Location and Size of the Polar Openings" (very interesting read!)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad461992807b.gif[/atsimg]

My friend Ivars recently sent me an image that a security guard snapped with his cell phone camera off a NORAD computer screen showing the flight paths of all the polar orbiting satellites. The interesting part of this image is that on the Russian side of the pole, there are no orbiting satellites between about 115 degrees E Lon and 155 degree E Lon. You can see North Land, Russia jutting out into the Arctic Ocean opposite the geographic pole. This is the strongest evidence I have seen that the polar opening is located on the Russian side of the pole.

this is getting rather interesting now...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Detailed information on the ESSA-3 Satellite. Short version: Two cameras in tandem mounted 180 degrees from each other snapping pictures and putting them together to form one continuous image.

Which... to me says that it should form a donut shape due to the dead zone between the cameras.

Apparently you can order the full results per the info at the bottom of that page.

Furthermore, why don't we see a second sun or whatever in said hole? It's just a large blank spot. This to me further illustrates the fallacy of the belief that this is showing some giant hole to the center of the planet.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This is the ESSA-7, which mounts a similar system to the ESSA-3.

It would seem to me that the difference in pictures results from an increase in the sophistication of the method in which the pictures were put together back on earth. That's mere supposition on my part though, so it's effectively got zero worth.

I suppose you could always send an email to the email addresses on each site though to get a more definitive answer.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Many, many people have gone there, even the guys from Top Gear managed to drive there in a Hilux.

well until you go there with proof that there is no hole in either pole, you will not know....just like the rest of us....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlnochance
Furthermore, why don't we see a second sun or whatever in said hole? It's just a large blank spot. This to me further illustrates the fallacy of the belief that this is showing some giant hole to the center of the planet.

that's exactly what i was thinking, too!!

unless...

you know how if you take a picture of the sun and it's too "bright" for the lens, so it appears as if it's black?? this happens a lot with cell phone cameras...

that's the only explanation i can come up with, if there really is an inner sun, and, a Hollow Earth, for that matter...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hate to tell you this folks, but the only thing inside the earth....is rock and molten hot lava. No conspiracies are needed on that one and shame on any of you who believe anything so patently dumb. Didn't anyone on here finish third grade earth science?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Even if I have been to either pole and took photos, I doubt you'd believe it to be true.

As for satellites not being able to fly over...What a load of rubbish!

terraweb.wr.usgs.gov...

www.usap.gov...

usarc.usgs.gov...

www.lib.utexas.edu...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I completely agree, the entire story itself, the involved Pentagon brass and the government at that time, he had absolutely no reason to make the story up, I always wondered about the story and operation high jump.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I cannot discount Admiral Byrd's account concerning there being a Hollow Earth. Why would he craft up such an amazing story?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by star in a jar]

If Admiral Byrd ever made such a statement, I would NEVER label him a liar, as I truly respect his accomplishments. I also feel that he had a vast amount of integrity, and therefore would not create a fib, especially not when such a thing would call into jeopardy his already amazing feats.

However, we have had SO many expeditions to the North Polar Region since the time before, during, and after this SAT Image was taken, that someone would have inevitably run into such a hole, and quite frankly, disappeared.

You must also remember that the North Polar Region is basically ALL Ocean, not solid ground. Therefore there would have to be a giant whirlpool taking place in these images, and not simply a "Hole in the Ground".

I am not discounting nor disputing any "Hollow Earth" theories, but I do feel that these SAT Images have simply been blacked out in the center due to the Orbital Coverage Area, the Type of Imaging Device Used, and/or a Classification was issued due to any number of reasons.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian

I completely agree, the entire story itself, the involved Pentagon brass and the government at that time, he had absolutely no reason to make the story up, I always wondered about the story and operation high jump.

I posted this in another thread will repost here because i am tired of people trying to remake history. This was not written by admiral bird the diary is a fake.

The alleged diary first became available from an organization based in rural Missouri, which called itself “The Society for a Complete Earth” in the 1970s. The head of this organization was a Native American, Captain Tawani Wakawa Shoush.

Shush said he was a retired U.S. Marine and a pilot whose goal was to fly a dirigible into one of the polar openings and establish contact with the Arianni, (his spelling) the “tall blond, blue-eyed super-race” that rules the inner world. The Arianni, he wrote, spoke “a language very much like German” and lived in “cities built of shimmering crystal” and used their saucers – again called flugelrads – to patrol the skies of the surface world and keep an eye on us … Shoush sold copies of what he claimed was a suppressed diary kept by Admiral Byrd during his North Pole flight of 1947.

In 1928 Admiral Byrd published his account of the 1926 North polar flight in a book titled Skyward. On page 196 Byrd reveals the following information:

“When our calculations showed us to be about an hour from the Pole, I noticed through the cabin window a bad leak in the oil tank of the starboard motor. When I took the wheel again I kept my eyes glued on the oil leak and the oil pressure indicator.”

Compare this information to the following passage from the so-called “secret diary.”

“--- Hours: Slight oil leak in starboard engine, oil pressure indicator seems normal, however.”

Once again, the odds of Admiral Byrd having the exact same problem with the same engine on two different flights 11 years apart would probably be about the same chance of you winning the next lottery.Want more? The writer of the fake diary was a science fiction fan.

Lost Horizon,1937 MGM motion picture There is a scene where the star, Ronald Coleman has an audience with the Dali Lama in Shangra-La, a lost city in Tibet. The Master tells him that there “is a dark time coming” but that:

“You, my son, (said the Master), “will live through the storm. You will preserve the fragrance of our history and add to it a touch of your own mind. Beyond that, my vision weakens … but I see in the great distance a new world starting in the ruins … But in hopefulness, seeking it’s lost and legendary treasures, and they will all be here, my son, hidden behind the mountains under the blue moon, preserved as if by a miracle…”

Now, lets compare that with what, according to “The Secret Diary of Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd,” was a meeting between The Admiral and the “Master” of the Arianni;

“Yes, my son,” replied the Master, “the dark ages that will come for your race will cover the Earth like a pall, but I believe that some of your race will live through the storm, beyond that I cannot say. We see a great distance a new world stirring from the ruins of your race, seeking its lost and legendary treasures, and they will be here my son, safe in our keeping…”

It appears to me that the “Master” of the Arianni was either a great Ronald Coleman fan that spent his time watching old surface world movies or … this is a blatant case of plagiarism. You decide.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As for the North Pole, heres a link to a few of Canada's weather satellite images.

North Pole

Scroll down to HRPT (NOAA polar orbiting) and take your pick.

Heres one that shows the North Pole in visible and infrared.

Visible

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1bd937b1f73.jpg[/atsimg]

Infrared

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6128b7ac341.jpg[/atsimg]

(imagecode)

[edit on Sun May 31 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Top Gear drove to the magnetic pole - not the actual North Pole. Anyone in a Hilux can indeed drive there, providing they have a team of offroad experts backing them up.

You're right about the second bit, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
List of Antarctic expeditions is a chronological list of expeditions involving Antarctica

1907 — 1909 Nimrod Expedition – On 9 January 1909, Ernest Shackleton reached 88'23S (Farthest South), and on 16 January 1909, Professor Edgeworth David reached the South Magnetic Pole at (72°25′S 155°16′E / 72.417°S 155.267°E / -72.417; 155.267) (mean position)
1908 — 1910 Fourth French Antarctic Expedition – led by Jean-Baptiste Charcot
1910 — 1912 Japanese Antarctic Expedition - led by Nobu Shirase
1910 — 1912 Roald Amundsen's South Pole expedition - On 14 December 1911, reached the South Pole (90° S)
1910 — 1913 Terra Nova Expedition - On 17 January 1912, Robert Falcon Scott, reached the South Pole (90° S)
1928 — 1930 Richard Evelyn Byrd - First expedition
1931 H Halvorsen - discovered Princess Astrid Coast
1931 Hjalmar Riiser-Larsen - flew over Antarctica, discovered Kronprins Olav Kyst
1933 — 1935 Richard Evelyn Byrd - Second expedition
1933 — 1939 Lincoln Ellsworth – Aircraft expedition
1934 — 1937 British Graham Land Expedition
1936 Lars Christensen - dropped Norwegian flag over Prince Harald Coast
1938 Third German Antarctic Expedition (New Swabia, or Neuschwabenland, claimed for Nazi Germany) - led by Alfred Ritscher
1939 — 1941 United States Antarctic Service Expedition – led by Richard Evelyn Byrd
1943 — 1945 Operation Tabarin - led by Lieutenant James Marr
1946 — 1946 Operation Highjump – led by Richard Evelyn Byrd
1947 — First Chilean Antarctic Expedition
1947 — 1948 Operation Windmill – led by Commander Gerald Ketchum
1947 — 1946 Ronne Antarctic Research Expedition – led by Finn Ronne
1949 — 1952 Norwegian-British-Swedish Antarctic Expedition – led by John Giaever
1955 — 1956 Operation Deep Freeze - led by Richard Evelyn Byrd
1955 — 1957 1st Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Mikhail Somov
1956 Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station established
1956 — 1958 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition – led by Vivian Fuchs
1956 — 1958 2nd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Aleksei Treshnikov
1957 — 1958 International Geophysical Year
1957 Scott Base established
1957 — 1958 Luncke Expedition
1957 — 1959 3rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Yevgeny Tolstikov
1958 — 1960 4th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Aleksandr Dralkin
1959 — 1961 5th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Yevgeny Korotkevich
1960 South African National Antarctic Expedition
1960 — 1962 6th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.Driatsky
1961 — 1963 7th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Aleksandr Dralkin
1962 — 1962 Vostok traverse - led by Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE)
1962 — 1964 8th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Mikhail Somov
1963 — 1965 9th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Mikhail Somov
1964 — 1966 10th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by M.Ostrekin, I.Petrov
1965 — 1967 11th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by D.Maksutov, Leonid Dubrovin
1966 — 1968 12th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Pavel Senko and Vladislav Gerbovich
1967 — 1969 13th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Aleksei Treshnikov
1968 — 1970 14th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by D.Maksutov, Ernst Krenkel
1969 — 1971 15th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Pavel Senko and Vladislav Gerbovich
1970 — 1972 16th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by I.Petrov and Yury Tarbeyev
1971 — 1973 17th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Yevgeny Korotkevich, V.Averyanov
1972 — 1974 18th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Pavel Senko
1973 — 1975 19th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by D.Maksutov, V.Ignatov
1974 — 1976 20th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.Serdyukov, N.Kornilov
1975 — 1977 21st Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by O.Sedov, G.Bardin
1976 — 1978 22nd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by N.Tyabin, Leonid Dubrovin
1977 — 1979 23rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.Serdyukov, O.Sedov
1978 — 1980 24th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by A.Artemyev, O.Sedov
1979 Air New Zealand Flight 901 – airplane crash
1979 — 1980 25th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by N.Kornilov, N.Tyabin
1980 — 1981 Transglobe Expedition - led by Ranulph Fiennes
1980 — 1982 26th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.Serdyukov, V.Shamontyev
1981 — 1983 27th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by D.Maksutov, R.Galkin
1982 Falkland Islands War
1982 — 1984 28th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by N.Kornilov, A.Artemyev
1983 — 1985 29th Soviet Antarctic Expedition - led by N.Tyabin, L.Bulatov
1984 - 1987 In the Footsteps of Scott - led by Robert Swan
1984 - 1985 1st Uruguayan Antarctic Expedition - Antarkos I Led by Lt.Col. Omar Porciúncula
1984 — 1986 30th Soviet Antarctic Expedition - led by D.Maksutov, R.Galkin
1985 — 1987 31st Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by N.Tyabin, V.Dubovtsev
1986 — 1988 32nd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.Klokov, V.Vovk
1987 Iceberg B-9 calves and carries away Little Americas I - III
1987 — 1989 33rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by N.A.Kornilov, Yu.A.Khabarov
1987 — 1988 First Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition — St. Kliment Ohridski Base established
1988 — 1990 34th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by S.M.Pryamikov, L.V.Bulatov
1989 — 1991 35th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by V.M.Piguzov
1991 — 1992 36th Soviet Antarctic Expedition — led by Lev Savatyugin
1996 Lake Vostok discovered
2004 – 2005 Tangra 2004/05 created Camp Academia.
2004 – 2005 AGASEA/BBAS joint U.S.-U.K. aerogeophysical survey of the Amundsen Sea Embayment.
2005 Ice Challenger Expedition travelled to the South Pole in a six-wheeled vehicle.[1]
2005 – 2006 Spanish Trans-Antarctic Expedition, led by Ramon Larramendi, reached the Southern Pole of Inaccessibility using kite-sleds.[2]
2007 – 2008 Norwegian-U.S. Scientific Traverse of East Antarctica.[3]
2008 – 2009 Impossible 2 Possible (i2P) unsupported South Pole quest by Ray Zahab, Kevin Vallely and Richard Weber.[4]

That would make many people to keep silent about a big hole on the south pole. As to the north pole, I know someone who has been very very close to it and he didn't see no holes.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Rob McElwaine, the supposed author of this twist to the images taken by ESSA 3 is an occasional poster of crackpot notions on Usenet!! So that punctures his credibility some!

Point 1:
The first photograph referred to by McElwaine was taken by ESSA-3 on January 6, 1967 which includes the words "clearly showing the hole at the North Pole." If this is indeed the case, then it is both inexplicable and perplexing, as the North Pole is in complete darkness at this time of year!!

Point 2:
Not just the "hole", but the entire visible hemisphere of the Earth is in sunlight - clearly impossible unless the pole is oriented directly toward the sun. This is not, of course, the case. At no time during January 1967 was the entire Northern Hemisphere simultaneously bathed in sunlight!

Point 3:
It is said by the conspiracy theorists and the believers in the Hollow Earth theory that the Earth’s interior is illuminated by a glowing ball of plasma, about 600 miles in diameter! So why don't we see the interiors illuminated by this bright disk instead of a dark hole?

These are composite photographs. ESSA-3 was a polar-orbiting satellite, and this image is a montage or a mosaic produced by NASA from a number of separate half-lit images to give a measure of global cloud cover. Check out the image below, received in analog form from the satellite. These were sampled at short time intervals, and numbers were assigned to each sample according to the brightness indicated by the basic signal. The computer then located each digital value and precise map location. The computer tape containing this information was then displayed on a television-like tube (kinescope) and photographed. The result? A mosaic with some missing data.

ESSA image. No hole at the Pole here!
Courtesy: GRIN/NASA

I’m not sure if the Earth is hollow.
But I’m positive there’s no hole at the Pole!!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
awesome replies, everyone!

i'm glad i could get some intelligent minds in on these pictures!

i was wondering anyway why these pictures have been online so long, yet no one's seemed to give them much credit...

is it true that there's usually a military presence at the poles, though?

that's what i've heard anyhow...

actually, i just came across these:
"Russia to Establish Military Presence in the Arctic"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it obviously doesn't say that it's to protect the identity of Inner Earth...

...just thought i'd throw that out there!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There are regularly scheduled airline flights that fly directly over the North Pole all the time. I know China Air has a route from China to New York that flies over the pole, and Singapore airlines has one also from Singapore to New York.

The trip from Asia to New York is shorter taking the polar route.

Originally posted by iiinvision

well until you go there with proof that there is no hole in either pole, you will not know....just like the rest of us....

Well, you're right -- I've never personally seen the North Pole. I suppose I will just have to trust that the thousands of independent people who have said they've seen the pole -- but never mentioned a big hole in the Earth -- are not hiding the truth from me.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision

How do you know that China/Russia/insert country here, exists? Nevermind the millions who live there or have claimed to have been there, unless you've been yourself you "can't know," at least by your logic. How do you know the world is round or that it isn't the center of the solar system? Have you tested it for yourself? How do you know if anyone has actually been to space? Have you seen it for yourself? There are some basic things in life you shouldn't need to see for yourself to believe.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by ngchunter]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join