It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i captured a UFO on Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The thing is, what you filmed, was flying below cloud cover, not just shining through it. Just rewatched it. The answer given does not explain this siting, nor the relative size of the object. Its too low.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

you are right. and i was filming and watching with my own eyes....it seemed to have an odd trajectory, it went in almost an "S" or "C" path. and i its moving under clouds, and the ISS is obviously above earths atmosphere. i think we need to look into this more.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I also think it was under the clouds, but it's a little hard to tell.

I will try to see if I can get something more from the video.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMap. im convinced that its not the ISS. It was 9 53 when i walked outside, and about 2 minutes later that i captured this. and according to Eaglewingz it passed by at 9. im researching all i can. any other ISS videos i've seen they clearly show the ISS being covered by clouds if there are any. hopefully we'll find out.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I tried to follow the light using the clouds as a way of linking several images, and this is what I got.

It's probably not the real path followed by the object, but without any fixed references this was the next best thing.

PS: I only followed it until you changed from night vision, and it could be better but it would take much more time.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If it were the ISS i don't see why, as it passed very close by to it Sirius isn't clearly seen on the video either. At -1.46 magnitude, it certainly should have been bright enough to penetrate the cloud cover as well the ISS...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

WOW - thanks so much for doing that. thats what i wanted to see. from seeing it with my own eyes, i was kind of watching it through the LCD and with my eyes, as you can tell when i drop away from the object, after your set of photos, it seemed to come down and to the right. Very odd. Tonight looks like it will be overcast again, so i cant go out tonight and watch, but i am going out every night with my cam in hand to see what i get. Thanks again my friend for doing that.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

well i have trouble understanding the Heavens above websites and magnitudes, etc...So you think it is or isnt the ISS? I really wish i had a tripod i would have gotten a better view of its trajectory for you all to see. It was a spur of the moment, i saw the movement of it, and went straight for the camera.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Looking at the video you have and comparing the moon to the object, i'd hazard a guess that it at least as bright as Venus would appear, which is approx -4.0 mgnitude, it does vary but lets settle on -4.0 as an average.

Magnitude is not a linear scale, but logarithmic. The ISS was at -2.2 for that night's pass, from the video I'd guess that object is a lot brighter than that.. Plus i tend to agree that, the object is flying under the cloud level, or at best, just into the clouds and is not in space..

That doesn't make is a scout for the Vogon construction fleet, but I am pretty sure it's not the ISS either..

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nice catch. Here's a simple tracker so you will know when to look again and compare

spaceweather.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for your input!! Yes it was very bright, and Youtube always brings down the quality so you have to factor that in. Im just going to have to keep going and watching and hopefully i'll capture it on video again.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wanted to expose this to more people and get their opinion! BUMP BUMP BUMP!
2nd line

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I can only relate to an experience I had while doing a morning paper route. For those who have done this know that it is very early when you get up. Living in a small city (1984) the stars are very bright and a lot of things can be seen. Well I rode my bike for delivering the papers, as I did every morning, I would watch the stars periodically. One morning I noticed one that seemed to be moving while I was moving. When the star seemed to pass in front of another star it really got my attention. I stopped my bike in a clearing and looked up at the object. When I looked up (finally stationary) the star/object speed off leaving a trail. I thought that it was strange and thought that what ever it was left. I did not have the 'watched' feeling anymore and continued on my route. I was on my way home still watching the skies when all of a sudden I watched a shooting star until I realized that it stopped and became the object that was (what I felt) following me earlier through my route. Needless to say, for a 14 year old I was pretty startled and rode home as fast as I could. Your video is the closest thing that ressembled my object. Mind you the ISS was not in orbit in 1984.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by constantine70

yeah i myself had a paper route once, i know how that goes. Well i dont think its the ISS anymore, but we do live near Grissom Air Force Base, so who knows whats going on there. but i have never seen anything like it, thats what its on tape. im glad im getting some people who can relate to what i saw. The ISS flew over at 9 and this sighting was at 9 53 - 9 55. Im going to have to capture it again....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join