It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else find this a little unusual given the problems in the MidEast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I posted this here, because in a way it relates to the war on terror, if the mods do not think it is approriate, please move
I also did a search (I've read about people not liking the Boolean search engine) couldn;t find anything the same....
So here it is

Spielberg to direct Munich Olympics film

www.cnn.com...

Does no one else see what kind of problems this might possibly cause?
Someone mentioned in a different thread that perhaps
Spielberg and others are trying to condition us for "contact", how bout raise the world ire again against the Palestinians? No I am not saying I support them, just think that it is unusual that a film like this would be good given the problems that are going on in the mid-east

Comments?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ooh...very questionable move and intentions by Mr. Spielberg. I don't think now would be a good time to rehash the 1972 Munich Olympics, when you have Palestinian Militants willing to do anything to hurt Israel and Athens being a joke when it comes to preparations and security. Spielberg might end up stoking the flames of a fire that has quite died yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
hmm.. i thought it was quite obvious that this film wouldnt be released until well after the olympics were over and done with this year.

Why would athens security preparations be of any pertinence when this film will not even enter production until June?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well for one thing...it is already being discussed even though it won't be entering production till June...what? you think militants and terrorists don't read CNN?

take bin laden, Al-Sadr, Musab, all those guys seem to be on the internet or have access to people on the internet because they are very up to date with current events, even quoting our politicians.

IMO Spielberg is not intentionally trying to start anything, it's just that bringing attention to 1972 Olympics at this time doesn't serve any purpose but to incite both sides of the issue when situations are already extremely tense.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
IMO Spielberg is not intentionally trying to start anything, it's just that bringing attention to 1972 Olympics at this time doesn't serve any purpose but to incite both sides of the issue when situations are already extremely tense.

Exactly

And it really serves no good purpose

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Given that Spielberg is a Jew and a very hardcore Zionist/ backer of Israel, i would say thisnt isnt normal.

Its Zionist propoganda business as usual.

Please see Saving Private Ryan for further details.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My dear NewStorm, that is weird.
Would it be blashpemy if I said I though Mr. Icke mentioned that Mr. Spielberg was one of "Them"??

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
omg this is just insane.
arent olympic games set to be bombed anyway?

top topics

join