It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you put your beliefs into practice in everyday life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Banking

Pharmaceutical

NWO

Global warming

9/11

War on terror

Media propoganda

Just a short list of general conspiracies that are often talked about on ATS and in general behind closed doors with some.

My question is pretty simple. People are reading all this information of how the world is not exactly rosy, as most were lead to believe.
I see the phrase "wake up" quite a lot in threads and a lot of people telling others this is the "truth".

Is there anything that you really truly believe is the truth?

Do you actively practice the truth that you believe in your life? Ie if you believe there is a pharmaceutical conspiracy do you stay away from medication and select specific foods based on content that you understand.

Are you still not practicing anything and if so why are you not?

I am interested to see what peoples views are and feel free to comment on other topics, my list was just a small one.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Good post

I'm sad to say I don't practice everything I know to be true. For example, I know some foods to contain stuff that isn't supposed be cosumed by ANY living creature, yet I eat it because I love the taste.

For me, mental protection goes for physical protection... So I don't watch any tv to keep my head free of influence from mass media and I do not allow myself to look at things from just one perspective.

This automaticly makes I don't believe much to be true... Not from what's called truth by mainstream people/organisations etc, but also not from the alternative world's truth. I try to read as much as I can on these truths, but I can't consider them true untill tested and proven for myself.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Banking

Pharmaceutical

NWO

Global warming

9/11

War on terror

Media propoganda

-I don't have credit card
-I don't take shots. I don't take vitamins nor medicines if I get sick, even if they're all free..
-NWO - I'm a non-conformist
-Global warming - I don't mind this, I've always been 'green' since birth. I love Earth and Nature and I'm proud of it. Even if it's not global warming, I'm keen on not polluting the planet and squandering its resources
-9/11/war on terror - I don't support my own gov't's war on terror
-Media propaganda - I don't watch TV

[edit on 31-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is the problem. I don't know what to believe in. I do know that almost everything in our society is somehow rooted in exploitation.

I don't trust my doctors, I feel that they don't really have my best interest in mind. I am cautious about what info I give them because I have no faith in doctor patient confidentiality. When I see all of their pens / stationary / coffee mugs...etc that are covered in big pharma logo's, I do question whether they are prescribing me something for my health or if they are simply getting kick backs.

I don't trust organized religion. I am still pretty interested in the roots of religion, but you can see the taint of corruption on most major religions on a daily basis.

I have zero faith that the media is doing anything other than spreading propaganda and exploiting their viewers.

I have little to no faith in the "Alex Jones" types either.

Yes, my conspiratorial mind affects my every day life.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This a great post topic S & F!

I believe in my own instinct. I trust myself. There are people in my life that total maybe four that I would trust explicitly.

Mainstream media - I find I am always cross referencing "media truths". Looking for different angles and some sense of balance to the story or topic. I rarely believe what is reported without first checking into it.

Truth is very subjective and open for interpretation by the individual.

Overall, I live each day knowing that the only thing I can truly count on is myself. The only thing I can control is me.

I recycle, I try not to waste water or electricity. I do use prescription meds and asthma meds as needed but I also use homeopathic methods as well.

I look out for others and try to be good to the people in my community.

Sadly I don't believe in my own gov whole heartedly, but I am glad to NOT be an American (no offense).

I believe in a lot of things that are not proven...either personal experience or instinct guide this. No tinfoil beenie and I'm not really worried about the NWO taking over too soon.

Some conspiracies are just too out there...others...well, a bit more possible or likely.

I am on the fence quite a lot, unable to really fall into one camp or the other. It can be frustrating but I think it's good to always strive to see both sides.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Interesting replies.

I ask this because I realised yesterday when my partner asked me when I last went to the doctors that the last time I went was around 5 years ago and that was for a check up. I take no medication whatsoever and apart from being ill from the mumps as a 2 year old kid, ive had no problems.

I had a little reflection upon realising this, ive got no credit cards, I watch around 2 - 3 hours of television (movies) per week, I can see right through any media propoganda if I see it while visiting family, I read a lot of books now, I only buy locally produced goods, I fix my things that break be it a electrical to my car by reading how things work, any debt that I had I have found loopholes to make it cease (apart from my primary mortgage) and I take nobodies word for anything without looking into it. If I were to sit down in the past and see the future I would never have expected that I would be like that.

A lot of what I am now is because of a lot of things that I have read and practiced to see if it is true.

I think self reflection is a good thing every now and again to give yourself a small reality check if you get me. I actually feel pretty good about myself when I look at it from the background I came from if that makes sense. I think many more people should from some comments I have read lately.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I saw Rambo 4 and "Live for nothing, or die for something" does not resonate with me (the talking-Rambo in that film is a bit much,a much too much)...otherwise, nothing.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I do not drink tap water anymore. I don't want to drink Fluoride, as it only works when it's exposed to your teeth. Actually swallowing the stuff isn't healthy. There is also the problem of having heavy metals and other contaminants in my tap water

Things non-conspiratorial related: I save my money! I'm not one to spend 100$ on a gadget I don't need, never wanted, and didn't ask for. I invest my money, and grow it, instead of spend it. Something I think everybody should learn to do. I preach it, and I live it. I hope everybody else does too

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by XXXN3O

I do not drink tap water anymore. I don't want to drink Fluoride, as it only works when it's exposed to your teeth. Actually swallowing the stuff isn't healthy. There is also the problem of having heavy metals and other contaminants in my tap water

Things non-conspiratorial related: I save my money! I'm not one to spend 100$ on a gadget I don't need, never wanted, and didn't ask for. I invest my money, and grow it, instead of spend it. Something I think everybody should learn to do. I preach it, and I live it. I hope everybody else does too

Flouride in water is something that I strongly oppose as well. Where I am there is not flouride in the water fortunately.

In saying that I do not consume it anyways.

But I dont collect rain water if you get me, hopefully it wont come to that.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is the problem. I don't know what to believe in. I do know that almost everything in our society is somehow rooted in exploitation.

I don't trust my doctors, I feel that they don't really have my best interest in mind. I am cautious about what info I give them because I have no faith in doctor patient confidentiality. When I see all of their pens / stationary / coffee mugs...etc that are covered in big pharma logo's, I do question whether they are prescribing me something for my health or if they are simply getting kick backs.

I don't trust organized religion. I am still pretty interested in the roots of religion, but you can see the taint of corruption on most major religions on a daily basis.

I have zero faith that the media is doing anything other than spreading propaganda and exploiting their viewers.

I have little to no faith in the "Alex Jones" types either.

Yes, my conspiratorial mind affects my every day life.

Ive bumped into you in a lot of threads lately.

You seem pretty lost in all of this?

I wouldnt let it get you down so much.

I used to feel like that at first as it seems everyone is speaking from a different angle but when you get out and about speaking with people and helping others etc.

It changes your pereption of what people in general are really like and there is much good left in the world if you get me.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm not lost in all this. I've been this way my whole life. I have just been strengthening my resolve lately.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm not lost in all this. I've been this way my whole life. I have just been strengthening my resolve lately.

Sorry, I got that impression from some of your posts.

I guess it does all boil down to choice in the end.

Im not exactly sure of it all either.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Actually, i got the same impression from you

Don't want to step on your nerves and normally i'd not write this, but in your case i'd like to say some words:

The reason why your writing style seems to suggest, that you are lost, is in fact, your honest thoughts. I mean, if you write like so many people here ("damn them, yeahh, i know, i know the truth, i know NWO puppets, 3. world war, of course i know, haha), sure it seems they have not the slightest doubts. But that's not cause they don't think about it, but for the sake of simplicity they suppress their more subtle feelings. Haha, hope you like my little analysis.

If you do NOT have lots of doubts about all this - then you have real troubles

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight. I can't really relate well to people who see things in absolutes. I don't understand how people can truly be "certain" of anything.

Now I wonder if I should start to check myself a little so as not to appear so "lost".

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Very well, you read my intentions. Another advantage of honesty

The way to heaven: Walk your own way

new topics

top topics

join