It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks Muslims for White House posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can't say I'm surprised.
Is it bigoted of me to say I expected this as soon as it was determined
that he would be the new President? Drip by drip.....

The move began with Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn, who took his oath of office with a hand on the Quran, to solicit the resume of what he considered to be the nation's most qualified adherents of Islam.

www.wnd.com...

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Zaydie]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's just a PR Campaign.

Nothing to see here, there are plenty of Muslim/Arab people in politics, they just don't talk about them cause some Americans really think the qualifying factor of being a terrorist is the colour of your skin.

This is all part of his Muslim/Iran "peace" plan they've been conducting over the past couple of weeks. They need to make themselves seen as good guys trying to mend the fences, and then report that Iran spit in their faces so they can justify Genocide.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Muslims would love to infiltrate our government. Now they have their useful idiot in Obama.

en.wikipedia.org...

The term is now used more broadly to describe someone who is perceived to be manipulated by a political movement, terrorist group, or hostile government, whether or not the group is Communist in nature.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe someone could clarify this for me?

Being that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being Muslim; are you upset because it is President Obama is looking through a list of recent Ivy League grads and Fortune 500 members who happen to be Muslim? Is this a "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing?

Or do you just have a problem with Muslims in governmental posts overall?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some of you miss the point.
Why is he looking specifically for Muslims?
Shouldn't he be looking for the best qualified regardless?
This looks like another nail in the coffin (of US) to me.
The take down has been going on for a long time now.

TPTB don't care how or who takes it down, as long as it comes down.
They have the power to control whoever.
They already control everyone, except for a few beligerant Americans who insist on keeping their guns.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

I know a few very decent, peace loving human beings who happen to be muslim but that doesn't realy detract from the inherently bigoted,sociopathic verses within the qu'ran's pages does it ?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Does it really matter how many muslims or christians and or jews we have in the White House?

I mean really, when it comes down to it, don't we just want them to do their jobs correctly?

This is the problem we have as human beings, we see everything as shades of color. We see differences where they dont' exist and we spend vast ammounts of time and energy exposing those differences.

When I look at a person, I don't see colour, race, sexual orientation, religion. I see a PERSON, a HUMAN BEING that deserves all the respect and admiration from me that I do from every other human being on the planet since we are all the product of the same world.

While we are busy fighting amongst ourselves trying to figure out why the black guy in office is hunting brown people to work for him, the agenda is being moved along nicely. We sit here and we argue and fight while they are out there plotting our ultimate control and demise.

George said best "When We Fight Amongst Ourselves, The Terrorists Win."

And when I say terrorist, I mean bankers.

Wake up folks, really, this is not the time to be wondering about such things and making a giant fuss over religion or skin color or any other difference that we've labeled ourselves with.

Who cares who Obama hires? I know I don't, I don't give a rats *snip*. So long as they do their job honestly and effectively, they could be purple for all I care and practice Necromancy, I would be very happy.

Deny The Ignorance Of Seperation.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sure, it's a very open minded way to think.."who cares as long as they do the job well".

I care because even though most don't want to believe it, the religion of Islam is like kudzu. It has only one thing in mind.....to spread and take over until everything (government, schools etc) is engulfed.

Just look at what is happening in Europe and the UK. If that doesn't give you a heads up, then nothing will.
There are a lot of people that post here from the UK.
I'd like to hear their viewpoints on how things are changing in Britain
in the last few years due to the heavy Muslim population that they have now.
If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But, the idea of a large Muslim representation in our
government scares the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

Ofcourse because ALL MULSIMS are devout followers and believe in every word and follow every single direction in their Kuran. Just like the christians here follow the bible word for word an do everything it says right?

My God, why do people buy this propaganda about Muslims and demonize them for calling God something else.

People are ridiculous, it makes NO difference who you pray to or where you come from. Mulslims are not a threat to our way of life.

WE are a threat to our own way of life, because we are the most destructive force on the planet. Humans that is.

Crazyness.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
if it was for my aministration i would find it an outrage for anyone to take the oath on such a fascist book (which)describes those things about jews and non beliefers.Dont get me wrong we have muslims as mayor(Rotterdam) which is agood thing but state and religion should be seperated, same thing aplied for bush and his influence of conservative christianity .

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Foppezao]

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

ALL religions only want to spread and engulf everything, especially Christianity, so I don't know what separates Christians from Muslims. They're all bloodthirsty idiots when it comes down to it.

There are also those of both religions who just want to worship and don't care about controlling everything. They're they people you'll never see in power.

There is no such thing as a good person being in power.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
Maybe someone could clarify this for me?

Being that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being Muslim; are you upset because it is President Obama is looking through a list of recent Ivy League grads and Fortune 500 members who happen to be Muslim? Is this a "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing?

Or do you just have a problem with Muslims in governmental posts overall?

The problem I see is that Islam does not separate politics from religion. To muslims, their religion is the basis of government and their legal system.

That is diametrically opposed to our philosophy of separation of church and state.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Also

Hoping for an era of warm relations with the White House, more than 300 Muslim-Americans have submitted resumes for government jobs, the Los Angeles Times reports. Vetted by community leaders, the list includes Ivy League graduates, civil servants, and Fortune 500 execs. It was created "under the radar," one advocate said, out of fear it would put Obama "in a precarious position."

"Muslims are not looking for handouts," said one activist—but they are seeking to reverse Bush-era trends, such as FBI infiltration of mosques, which sent a chill through the Muslim-American community. Muslim advocates say they are hopeful, despite President Obama's silence during Israel's recent raid on Gaza. "These things take time," said a White House aide, who received the resumes. "And they're all based on finding the right fit."

www.newser.com...

reply to post by jsobecky

You do realize Christians are just as interested in forcing their religion into politics, right?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I'm very glad you too champion for the separation of church and state. Unfortunately, the brand of Evangelical Christianity America is currently carrying would probably love to smuggle in their own version of Sharia Law.

But that is not the point. It really offends me to insinuate you cannot be patriotic and a follower of Islam. If you truly believe in the separation of church and state (as per our Constitution)...this should not be a problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The source that WND cites:

CHICAGO — In a bid to get more Muslim Americans working in the Obama administration, a book with resumes of 45 of the nation's most qualified — Ivy League grads, Fortune 500 executives and public servants, all carefully vetted — has been submitted to the White House. The effort, driven by community leaders and others, including U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., was bumped up two weeks because White House officials heard about the venture, said J. Saleh Williams, program coordinator for the Congressional Muslim Staffers Association, who sifted through more than 300 names. "It was mostly under the radar," Williams said. "We thought it would put (the president) in a precarious position. We didn't know how closely he wanted to appear to be working with the Muslim American community."

Source: www.denverpost.com...

When I read this, it sounds like this was submitted to the White House, not that the White House solicited it.

Maybe I'm missing something...

delius

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

except that the west went through enlightenment, give me one name of an islamic Immanuel Kant?......The Islam goes through the opposite since the 60's/70's

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
But that is not the point. It really offends me to insinuate you cannot be patriotic and a follower of Islam. If you truly believe in the separation of church and state (as per our Constitution)...this should not be a problem.

I don't want to get too bogged down in this, but in Islam, it is Islam first and patriotism somewhere further down the line.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I know, I know.
But to so many Americans their duty to God is higher than to that of their country as well.....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

American Muslims and Middle Eastern Muslims are hardly the same people.

A COUNTRY cannot go through enlightenment, only its people can. American Muslims can be just as enlightened as you or I- possibly even moreso.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

This is true of Christianity as well.

In fact, in pretty much any religion, God comes before country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join