It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are (most) aliens humanoid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was wondering why most alien encounters feature humanoid aliens.
There are probably many eco-systems very different from ours, with circumstances we can't even imagine, so it seems logical to me that lifeforms there should evolve in ways we can't imagine.
Even our imagination is limited to a certain degree by the boundaries of what we know.
For example; try to imagine how it would be like in the 6th dimension. I imagine that would be very hard to do, since we've got no reference to cling on to.

So my questions for you out there;
Why are (most) alien encounters with humanoid aliens?
Are there any encounters know with non humanoids?

I would also like to hear your theories on the why and how.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Probably because the same reason most animals look the way they do.

It could also be thats the way they want us to see them.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why elfs,gnomes,trolls and majority of other imaginary creatures have two legs? There is a limit to our imagination and creativity, i guess. Of course it has nothing to do with aliens visiting Earth and our knowledge of x different types and of their homeplanets has no resemblance to Lord of the rings-kind of map and descriptionsof races.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I dont know many alien encounters, but on OLD RECORDS there are evidence of alien animals, like beasts, the ones that came with the ancient GODS, and MYTHS.

I do belive that the life on the universe its really diverse, we can see it in our own planet, we have millions of species living with us, all of them so similar between them, but so different at the same time. Its the same thing with the universe,each place has its own kind of life, i might be similar from galaxy to galaxy.

I think that aliens created us to their image, using their dna, and dna from this planet.The visitors from outer space look humanoid, because they share the same origin, they come from the same place, but they evolved from the single cell in a different way because of the single cells nature, and humanoid form is part of the process of evolution.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
just a wild thought

maybe its because planets are round?

what im getting at is the same thing will evovle on other planets like "ours" could be a bit weird mind u but the laws of phyics ect more or less says tht for every component of the universe reitive to us "man" then if ur into the god part it dont make sens kinda but if ur more into perfect everything kinda idea

we are just shapes,, so are they the universe always uses the same pen to make its shapes.. we just dont know what that pen infact IS...

crazy i know but thats my 2cents on why aliens look like us basicly or we look like "them" considering how long the universe is compared to our little rock we happen to live on.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well it is said that there are 12 so called sister planets. Earth is considered to be one of them and to be the baby one. Out of these planets most of them or all are supposed to be inhabited by humans or aliens very close to humans. The crystal skulls around the world i think around 3 have been found so far were supposed to come from those planets as we have found out that there was no possible way that these crystal skulls could have been made by people from our earth. There are supposed to be twelve of them and when activated they can tell all of the information that is contained in them. Around the time of Atlantis the skulls were brought to earth. Not much tells what happened to them after Atlantis sank except that The Mayans might of had them and hidden them when the spanish came. I'm guessing that the aliens who look to be in human form are probably from one or more than one of these planets coming back to help us or coming back for the crystal skulls incase Niburu's people come earlier than expected or maybe both! who no's theres a theory for ya!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Because most of those reporting encounters with aliens are themselves humanoid.

Would a life-form that was significantly non-humanoid in appearance even be recognized as a life-form, not to mention an Alien life-form, by an otherwise unsophisticated humanoid?

Do we, Can we, recoognize the "life" in, say, a rock.
Or a candle flame?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think it might be the best kind of body to perform just about any basic task. Thats all i got!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ehomero

Well fruit flies share nearly 60% of human genes and look nothing like us.
If we do share dna with aliens it would be above 90% to resemble them, getting the humanoid form. Quite intriguing.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Star for you!
I've never thought about it that way. You make a very good point.
And to answer your retorical question i have to say no, i don't think we would even notice life beyond our comprehension.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You know how stars and planets seem to look similar wherever you are in the Universe? Maybe it's the same with life forms.

Eyes, ears, legs, etc would be logical anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
According to several contactees and insiders, it is because the "humanoid" form is the blueprint for intelligent life in this particular galaxy as determined by the galactic logos (a galactic-level "God"). Thus all intelligent life will take this form when incarnating in physical bodies. At higher dimensions the body no longer exists.

Or so they say, anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by suterlaben
According to several contactees and insiders, it is because the "humanoid" form is the blueprint for intelligent life in this particular galaxy as determined by the galactic logos (a galactic-level "God"). Thus all intelligent life will take this form when incarnating in physical bodies. At higher dimensions the body no longer exists.

Or so they say, anyway.

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
so to sum that up, the humanoid form is the raw mold and it gets adapted to the eco-system they need to survive in.

Very interesting. I am not religious at all, but "made in his image" seems to be the message.
Now i just have to find out how "he" is

All joking aside, i have to admit that the humanoid form is a very well designed form.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would assume this would be the most suitable form to evolve and adapt to any trait. Sensory areas in pretty relative places as compared to any other creature. Hands and feet that could support and evolve into things like wings for bird like humaniods, or webbed fingers and toes for "scuba" type feet and hands for swimmers. It would make sense that advanced lifeforms in this physical reality would be in humaniod form.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Any contactees who can relay my question?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hey guys there is kinda the same debat over here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

infact i would say its identical!! lots of good posts

come join in!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by degenerate oto
I would assume this would be the most suitable form to evolve and adapt to any trait. Sensory areas in pretty relative places as compared to any other creature. Hands and feet that could support and evolve into things like wings for bird like humaniods, or webbed fingers and toes for "scuba" type feet and hands for swimmers. It would make sense that advanced lifeforms in this physical reality would be in humaniod form.

Right, It is reasonable to say that a humanoid form is the peak of evolution. Imagine if say a cat was just as intelligent as we are. The cat would have limited means to express or utilize his intelligence. He would be greatly handicaped because of his physical form. He could create no technology nor any impressive art work. Could not manipulate matter as freely as one with hands and an upright position.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Humanoid , what ?

Humans , no such thingy ...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnstnpilot
Humanoid , what ?

Humans , no such thingy ...

Care to elaborate on that?

new topics

top topics