It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls Need To Sit, But Boys Should Stand.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Haha this thread made me laugh!

I think a man should be allowed to stand and pee if he wishes too but if its at my house and they pee on the seat/floor and i go in after them and they haven't cleaned it i will screw lol!

Its just hygienic to wipe it up and i don't fancy sitting in anyone's pee thanks very much..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't care if boys stand
When I potty trained my son a loonngg time ago, standing was part of the "excitement" of the big boy training program. Boys will be boys...why try to change what is natural for them? Why girls sit down? Well, for obvious reasons of course...we can't aim it

I will say... lifting the seat is just the right thing to do.... Nobody like to sit down on anyone's pee splats. I would never try forcing a boy to sit down just to go pee. That's strange!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually, there's more to it than just gender wars. Men are anatomically designed to stand when peeing. Never mind the neatness factor (although that is important).

A man's bladder will not empty completely if he sits to pee which leads to urinary retention which leads to bladder and possibly kidney infections. Men need to be in as upright a position as possible for complete bladder emptying.

That said: if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Daddy wasn't around during this leg of his son's poddy training. Needless to say, when he had been formerly around he was a liberal pee-er with an open door and conversational policy, and, as such, I had ample opportunities to see exactly how the thing ought best be done. Sort of.

Taking a hands off approach, and utilizing fun and intellectual comparasions-ok...they were all I could come up with... (usually having something to do with a video game analogy-pretend that puddle of water is the bullseye and here are your points, ect) he made it through.

Secretly I believe the toilet seats should be kept up-as it's the woman who uses it 90 percent of the time, but, the man who has to touch the kooties 100 percent of the time.

No seat head trips here-I leave them like I found them.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I confess when I first wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night I sit when I pee just because I am tired but during the day I stand to pee. There are a lot of men that sit to pee though I know a lot of men who sit I dont think its a bad thing but 20 years ago you would of been called a girl or gay......

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A lot of South Asian men squat when urinating, just as they do while defecating. I don't know why, but I've seen it more times than I can count.

EDIT TO ADD that I don't go peering into other people's bathrooms. In the third world, people often do it out in the open.

[edit on 31/3/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

EDIT TO ADD that I don't go peering into other people's bathrooms.

You felt the need to add that, did you ?
I don't think anyone thought you were a peeper, it's the best edit I've seen in a long time though.

But I have seen the toilet habits of some other countries and they really do differ from most of North America and Europe. I don't consider a concrete slab with a hole in the middle a toilet, but that can be considered a luxury in some places.
And yes, I've seen both men and women squat to do both.

I was showing this thread to a grand old lady today and she had a good laugh. She's about 75+ years old and raised 4 fine sons and many grandchildren. She thought it was ridiculous that any boy would sit to pee, and she had a good laugh over the post that said all males should just go outside.
Her words - "Go pee on a tree"

Also her words - "Girls have a hoo ha and need to sit down."

I must admit that's the first time I've ever heard that term for female anatomy.
"Hoo ha" sounds more like a party than a part......

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Personally, I feel that she has the right to enforce that rule as she is cleaning the toilet (I am a man BTW). If your friend cant clean up his mess, he deserves it.

The best solution is the squat type of toilet bowl. Have you westernizers seen this? (I am asian) I grew up squating to #. My old house has it. That way no one complains of any mess. However, the new houses are implementing the sit down type of toilet bowl.

It first evolved from rural areas where everyone squatted in the wild.

At that time no one complains about messy toilets.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by hitmen]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
I confess when I first wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night I sit when I pee just because I am tired but during the day I stand to pee. There are a lot of men that sit to pee though I know a lot of men who sit I dont think its a bad thing but 20 years ago you would of been called a girl or gay......

That's about right. There's really no discussion here, people can do whatever feels comfortable/natural to them. I'm versatile when it comes to the toilet. I sit and I stand. I definitely don't stand to take a dump though, practise makes perfect though right?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I tend to stand, but because of my condition I 'tuck'
my parts under and pee backwards! I've always done
it and I don't feel pleasant talking about it.

I'm not a fan of using others toilets, it may have
something to do with when I was young and I visited
the bathroom of a gas station.
Being totally unaware of life because of what happened to
me in my youth, It thought someone had dropped Pineapple
chunks into a white clean porcilain groove.

I picked one up, lapped at it and found with disgust that
it wasn't pineapple... I wish I hadn't told you that now.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've never felt comfortable living anyplace that I couldn't wander outside and pee. Most of the time, I dig a hole with my foot, bury it just like our cats. I'm not quite to the point of walking around and marking my turf, but probably soon.

Middle of the night? Yeah, sit. Definately. Don't want a light, don't want to miss. Simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Ok here is what I do, and what I think all guys should do. I pee standing up. It is just natural for us to do so. The few times I miss, I clean it up! I grab some toilet paper and wipe up the mess. That way the person who usues it after me does not have to sit in it or clean it themselves.

Hey, You're going to be washing your hands anyway right? So if you are a guy and you pee standing up, clean it up if you miss. It takes only a few seconds and quite frankly, it is gross to just leave it. Pee starts to stink after it has had a while to grow bacteria!

OMG.

Marry me?
You know what common sense is!!!!!..and haven't replaced it with "Hey, cleaning toilets is girl's work!!" as if that was conditioned into you...as if toilets were invented along with the first man, and God said it were to be so.....
This is the most encouraging thing I've read today.....

I have lived with all women/girls, except for ONE brother my entire life. The basement was re-done, and he took the entire basement, his own bathroom included down there; automatically the other washroom in the house, ONLY used by females now, was suddenly easier to clean then I ever could have imagined.
But when I went downstairs to use his bathroom one day, because my mother was in the one upstairs and I was risking being late for work....I nearly died.
The air smelled like urine. The SHOWER smelled like urine. I couldn't use it....everything just STUNK. There was stubble/shavings, dirt, and sticky yellow all OVER THE PLACE...
Pretty amazing for a guy that is completely obsessed with his personal hygiene....my brother washes his hair every day, scrubs his face with brand name..chemicals lol......wears every garment only once, buys loads of strong deoderant, does laundry all the freaking time, douses himself in cologne any time he leaves his basement lair, whitens his teeth haha.....brushes his teeth multiple times a day and uses shoe deoderizer - but obviously P*SSES all over the place and thinks nothing of it.
There is some kind of deficiency here.....I can't imagine how this makes any sense...

:bash:
:shk:

Men like this should just get used to using trees and fire hydrants. They are not worthy of toilets. I'm sure they'd be more than amused to do so, anyhow.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I hope my take on this hasn't been too misogynistic, I just think we have the equipment to go conveniently, (bonus), and yes, the ladies have more things to consider when needing to have a leak.

Can anyone explain the "Three Sea Shells" ?
Or how about the smooth rock used by some cultures ?
I might just Google it.....

OFF TOPIC: I know those last two questions are off topic, butt they're not that far apart.

There is one thing that I always wondered if it was true.
Will human urine keep animals out of your camp.

Our family did a lot of hiking and camping. We would live in the British Columbia forests for weeks at a time, hiked the West Coast Trail, and climbed mountains.
With four males in the family, dad would have us boys pee in a circle around our camp sights about 200 feet away. You had to hit every tree away from camp, and put a line on the forest floor.
Having a pee in the forest while you try to walk sideways isn't easy. :shk:

We have had a cougar slink into camp that got very close before we noticed, but bear and other animals seemed to avoid our camps.

Was dad right ?
Pee around a perimeter and you keep the animals out ?

It could be a handy survival tip if it's true and you're stuck in the woods.

EDIT: I have an "Edit" button....

[edit on 15/5/2009 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join