It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec. 12th, 2012 - 3.5 years = June 23, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Bible also says to pray that it doesn't catch you on the Sabbath, or in the winter, or nursing a child.

So I would wonder if that would imply that it will be on Saturday/Sunday and in the wintertime?

I've been listening to Perry Stone lately and he teaches a lot about prophecy. He was talking about the first ten male names in Genesis - how you can take those names, and their meanings, and it reveals a type of message - I'm trying to find the video on youtube but here is a link to all of them if anyone is interested in viewing.

Perry Stone

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For those that don't give credit to a link between the Mayan astrology and the story of Christianity, perhaps you are misinformed.

I thought it was known my most in the community how linked Christiany is to the teachings of astrology and what not. Really, that is why many of the religions are so similar to one another. Most of them follow the same path and predominance of ancient astrology.

Jesus Christ was and is still always sybolized a a fish, also known as Aquarius. All astrology buffs should agree that the end of the age of Aquarius is pretty much set to begin around the end of 2012, the proposed end of the Age of Jesus Christ.

Considering that as the case, this is where Christianity diverts from classic astrology. Either we will simply enter a new age with a new astrological figurehead and not much will happen, OR Tribulation will occur and that will be that.

Personally, having just refound Christianty, I feel that if the Tribulation were to begin, it would begin on that date in December, and not before. Rest assured I will be keeping my eye on June, especially with all the Webbot statements and other things going on. I feel that if there is any indication of what is to come for us, June would be a viable point to start looking pretty damn hard.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by scott_gui

Remember that days = years in prophecy, therefore the reign will be for 1260 years, not literal days. It just so happens the Roman Catholic Church gained it's total power over all the nations in 538 A.D. and recieved it's "deadly wound" when the Pope was sent and died in exile in the year 1798 A.D. Of course the Church (whore in the prophecy) regained much of it's former strength as you can observe today, when it finally elected a new pope a century or more later, showing that it recovered from it's deadly wound.

Interesting, eh?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

I don't think so. It gives every possible meaning to it to make it clear it is a literal 1260 days.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Someone mentioned the feast of Trumpets earlier and I just wanted to say that that feast doen't equate to the rapture. The reason I say this is because the feasts were given to Israel, and Israel is distinct from the church. If I'm remembering correctly, the Feast of Trumpets is more or less the second coming.

Also, in the Bible, days means days--literal 24 hour days. The only time a set period is given a different meaning is with Daniels 70 weeks and that's because of the structure of the Hebrew, meaning "70 sevens".

Interesting that the date of 2015 was brought up. I started watching a series of videos on YouTube about the years 2015. There is smoething about the lunar/solar eclispes that made a guy think Christ would come back then. Search for "Jesus returns 2015" if you're interested in it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have studied the Mayan calendar for almost 4 years. They had 19 calendars, one based on the movement of every planet, including Pluto.
The Long Count calendar is the one where they get the Dec. 21 date.

It was not created by the Maya, they say a white bearded man came out of the clouds around 500BC and gave them that and a couple more.

The Long Count is not a schedule or calendar to do day to day items. It began at the Big Bang, or whatever the beginning was. It is broken into 9 periods of times, each one of those have 7 days and 6 nights.

The 1st period was 16.8 billion years long, 2.4 bil yrs per day.
Each period after tha was 20 times shorter. 800 million yrs for the 2nd, 40 million for the 3rd, and so on.

Each period had a major evolutionary milestone. It all has to do with conciousness. That is what time and space are.

The nine periods end end Dec 2012, the day is not certain. But what happens is man becomes nothing but concious energy, this universe becomes his playground, and a new set of nine periods begins with a new Big Bang. Accirding to the bearded white guy, (or was white bearded guy?)
this is the 5th time it has happened, and they are still existing in another dimension.

Go to ...

www.mayanmajix.com...

for videos and lectures.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by serenityone

Well, there are some extraordinary events taking place in this period of time, the lineup of our solar system planets towards the core of our galaxy, solar eclipse (nov 13, 2012) and our solar system journey below the milky way horizontal plane. It happens only that often, quite rare, perhaps it will mean something for our planet and all of us. We will know in 3.5 years, hoho.

Just remember Carl Sagans favourite photo, that distant dust speck in the vast darknes, earth, you are here and the earth is only a atom size part of this galaxy, one galaxy out of one hundred billion in the universe.

[edit on 2009/5/23 by reugen]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Someone mentioned the feast of Trumpets earlier and I just wanted to say that that feast doen't equate to the rapture. The reason I say this is because the feasts were given to Israel, and Israel is distinct from the church. If I'm remembering correctly, the Feast of Trumpets is more or less the second coming.

If you read in the bible, Israel is actually considered the "Church in the Wilderness" The sound of the trumpet would call for the beginning of Tribulation, and for the return of Christ. This would be a 7 year period. 3 1/2 years is the amount of time of the Great Tribulation as the first half of tribulation is a masked peace by the beast. There will be no rapture until the sound of the Last Trumpet or 7th trumpet. My guess is on the feast of trumpets.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

But there is a debate over when a supposed "Rapture" would take place anyway. I don't exactly know where I stand on the Pre/Mid/Post Trib Rapture or even if there is going to be one at all.

Why do you believe Post Trib?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know I am not pre-trib. I think we will all go through TSHTF.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Because of scripture such as Matthew 24:29-31 and 2 Thessalonians speaking of the LAST trumpet, etc. I don't have time to explain at the moment. On my way to work.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well whatever you guys believe, you gotta admit, it's going to be exciting to watch it play out on december 21st! haha

[edit on 27-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I did a little research myself. I'm still on the fence about it, but I'm leaning towards the Post-Trib direction. I guess my Pre-Trib training in my old church and the Left Behind series led me down the other way for a long while.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

All tools for Satan to help decieve people.... even the elect.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That would be a fine deception. I think if my old church people were seeing the Rapture happen and they were still on Earth, they would freak.

Thanks for your insight on this.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My pleasure. I think christianity as a whole will be decieved except for God's "little flock." Watch therefore and be sober so that you are not overtaken like a thief in the night. You can see the signs of the times everywhere today if you are awake and sober to the reality of things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join