It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to communciate with plants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
is it possible to communicate with plants? What a story would they have to tell? If all the plants in the world, were "online" with each other on some kind of a "green internet" what a story they would have to tell us about the history of our world, and the evolution of it species and its geography!!!

But if we did have way of communicating with the plant, we would first have to banish any astral entities residing within or nearby the plant! Having done this how would we commune with the plant? Meditation? Via a psychic medium? Electronic GhostBuster style gadgets?

Any ideas on this?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think that the only way we can communicate with plants is what we do now. With chemicals. No,not that chemicals! I mean - like hormons and minerals we add to plants to say to them - grow/bloom now. and plants return the favour with our allergies and such,via chemicals too.
I see no other way since plants lack neural system as we understand it. We have more chance to communicte with insects then with plants.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding eccentric, there is a way. I'm not suggesting I have ever had a proper discussion with a plant, but sometimes I can 'tune in'.

A bit hard to explain, and I can do without anyone calling me delusional, but you just have to be sort of open to it.

You can try by having an exchange of energy and just be prepared for whatever thoughts come into your head.

Anyway, the thing to do is just practise and see how much feedback you get.

If you're feeling particularly miserable or joyful you might get a better result.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well I can certainly assure you that you can communicate with plants, however it is probably not in the way you think it is.

May sound crazy and farfetched to some people but throughout my life I seem to have been able to communicate with the spirits of nature through my meditations and spiritual teachings.

My avatar and my name are all a product of such things. Albeit these experiences have occured during deep meditative states, during my dream cycle and out of body episodes I am truly convinced that these were not simply hallucinations or tricks of the mind.

Everything in this world was created from energy, what that energy is or who created it is another story, however these energies can be communicated with and understood.

All living creatures have a story to tell, it takes only patience and an open mind to hear it.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I absolutely believe I can communicate with plants, and plants with me.

I also believe there are certain plants that are on this earth SPECIFICALLY to impart knowledge to us.

When communicating with plants, it isnt necessary to speak aloud to them. I focus my energies into the plant (that is the communication) and like the above poster said, the plant may communicate back to you. It helps to have an open mind of course!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KromeDragon

Well there are some who claim it is. And some evidence to suggest it may be, but scientifically, the jury is still out. There has been some problem with reproducing the results under controlled circumstances.

en.wikipedia.org...(paranormal)

In 1975, three scientists (K.A. Horowitz, D.C. Lewis, and E.L. Gasteiger) published an article in Science with their results when repeating Backster's investigation of plant response to the killing of brine shrimp in boiling water. In this investigation, the researchers took into consideration control factors such as grounding the plants to reduce electrical interference and rinsing the plants to remove dust particles. Three of five pipettes contained brine shrimp while the remaining two only had water. These acted as a control because the pipettes were delivered to the boiling water at random. In addition, this investigation used a total of 60 brine shrimp deliveries to boiling water while Backster's investigation had 13. While this experiment did show a few positive correlations, they did not occur at a rate great enough to be considered statistically viable. These experimental conditions were more rigorous from a traditional scientific paradigm and did not produce the same results, however Backster himself criticized them for misunderstanding certain fundamentals of primary perception (e.g. the time spent rinsing the plants affected their relationship to the experimenters).

I have often wondered, (my own crazy theory) if crop circles may in fact be attempts by plants to communicate with us. In some cases, it is said that the plant stems are unbroken, and it appears that the plant just laid over. I also find this interesting;

netmar.com...

The formation was created in a different medium than most others, occurring on a hillside covered by many species of plants rather than in a crop field. An analysis of the bent plants by W. C. Levengood, a noted biophysicist and expert in crop-circle plant analysis, confirmed the authenticity of the formation.[4]

Most crop circles, as we have noted, originate in England. Here, only the plants originated in England! "Even though it formed in California, and even though there were numerous species of available plants, the pictogram was delineated by two English plant species," Ed says, "bent in the way characteristic of a genuine formation. But this formation looked more like a petroglyph than a typical English crop-circle design."

It is of course wild speculation on my part, and I am far from convinced that this is indeed the case, but what if the plants from a certain part (or perhaps parts plural) of the world are intelligent species? And lacking voices, (and we lacking telepathy) they are trying to communicate something to us of great importance, and speaking in the common language of geometry?

Who knows. I think plants and animals are all sentient. I myself believe I have "heard" a tree once in my own mind that called itself "grandfather." But as someone scientifically minded, I know that even my own personal experience and feelings are not "proof." Nor can I think of any way to ever prove it scientifically. But it is an interesting subject, and I am glad you brought it up.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just read an article about plants with guages on them to tell a processor when the plant needed water. This plant would have a network interface card also and use the data to alert the owner when the plant needed water. You could kind of run with this idea and imagine a whole forest of plants updating a server with detailed data on soil content, moisture, etc etc... Then we would in a way be communicating directly to the green internet.

Article:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I used to have an indoor plant which can't be named here. When my girlfriend and I made love, the plant would respond with delight, it seemed. If the plant was wilting the day before, the next day the branches would be at 45 degree angles and I swear this thing was beaming back at me, as I it. Same goes for playing harmonious music, but I think this may be because of my energy flow from the sensations of the sounds. Not sure.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Google Video Link

This is a video called "The Secret Life Of Plants".

Should answer your questions..

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Published in 1973, The Secret Life of Plants was written by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. It is described as "A fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man." Essentially, the subject of the book is the idea that plants may be sentient, despite their lack of a nervous system and a brain. This sentience is observed primarily through changes in the plant's conductivity, as through a polygraph, as pioneered by Cleve Backster. The book also contains a summary of Goethe's theory of plant metamorphosis. That said, this book is about much more than just plants; it delves quite deeply into such topics as the aura, psychophysics, orgone, radionics, kirlian photography, magnetism / magnetotropism, bioelectrics, dowsing, and the history of science.

wikipedia

There is also a book by the same name that goes into much more detail..

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is some more information about plant emotions and communication.

Secret Life of Plants discussion

Maybe you will find some answers there.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I never really thought about that. Out of how many crop circles was the grass broken? and how many laid over?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Its funny when I saw this post the first thing I thought of was The Celestine Prophecy. There is also some topics like that in books by Carlos Castaneda. There have been many experiments around this but communication is a broad set of values and can occur on many levels not recognized by science. I think some point to the enlightenment of Buddha being due to the fact that he meditated beneath a bodhi tree.

Just some thoughts for you..

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouki

I never really thought about that. Out of how many crop circles was the grass broken? and how many laid over?

Stems being bent but not broken is supposedly the defining feature of ALL "real" crop cricles.

www.cropcircles.net...

The issue is that no man-made crop circle has satisfactorily replicated the features associated with the real phenomenon, and this has baffled scientists and researchers. Crop circles are created by a force seemingly at odds with modern science. Central to the hoax argument is that a physical object is required to flatten the crop to the ground, resulting in the breaking of the plant stems. In genuine formations the stems are not broken but bent (left), normally about an inch off the ground at the plant's first node. The plants appear to be subjected to a short and intense burst of heat which softens the stems to drop just above the ground at 90�, where they reharden into their new and very permanent position without damaging the plants. Plant biologists are baffled by this phenomenon and farmers, who know how the land ticks, are baffled by this. It is the singlemost method of identifying the real phenomenon. Research and laboratory tests suggest that microwave or ultrasound may be the only method capable of producing such an effect.

People have been trying to figure out what outside force might cause this, but no one is really considering that it might be an inside job. (That the plants themselves might be the agent creating the crop circle)

And of course it is just speculation on my part, but, I think it is unwise to just run with one line of thinking. One should consider as many possibilities as one is able. Some of these circles happened in broad daylight, near roads, within one hours time, and with people in the general vicinity. (Road ways nearby, an airplane overhead) and no one was spotted. No UFO either. So, what if there isnt "someone else" doing it?

What if our little English plants themselves are? No one is really looking in that direction, though the comment where the person who noted it was certain English plants in America made me consider it in the first place.

Edit to add, And it may not really be a "nationality" issue, maybe plants that have a long association with humans, "crops" domesticated plants are learning from us somehow. Who knows. Maybe the English plants are just best at it.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I had just run across this article before reading your topic; It might help you out a little with your questions but I wouldn't count on a very lively conversation. MIT uses Robots

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Not if you hear them talking back to you.

2nd ______

[edit on 3/29/2009 by haika]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
But, as so many above have posted, that they are able to communicate with the plants, how would we know that it is the plants we are communicating with? May be it is some other astral or other entity residing in or near the plant, that is sending us messages? May be it is malicious and hopes to play with us?
So in order to communcate how can we eliminate any telepathy from an outside source.
We will need to create laboratory style procedures to ensure that the telephathic messages we recieve from plants are indeed plant messages!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree, Kromedragon.

It may not even be another entity, but a hallucination that is created by my own mind, some erroneous electrical flurry of activity.

You do have to consider that. Which is why although I do suspect it was the tree telling me something, I cant honestly claim to be certain of it. Nor is my own experience proof of anything at all.

It happened for me in Sedona, near one of the vortexes there. I am not normally telepathic at all, but the energy near the vortex was palpable, I could feel it on my skin, especially in my hands, like a tingle. (and audible, I could hear a hum also) It didnt look like anything, and not everyone there could feel or hear it, but humans conduct electricity differently, as you can test by squeezing the ends of a volt meter and watching the dial.

I theorize, that either the energy in the area made me hallucinate, or, charged me up just enough to allow me to hear the tree. As I said, normally, I am not in any way telepathic, and it only happened there, though I often feel "good" around plants and trees and garden quite a lot.

As far as science being able to test it, that would be nice, but we may not yet have the technology to do so. Much like centuries ago we could not test atomic theories, even though they have existed since the ancient Greeks. In science, it is not the originator of an idea that gets credit. It is the experimenter who can prove it. And that has a lot to do with available technology. Maybe now that we have access to things like the fMRI and other brain imaging devices we can begin to understand what parts of the brain are involved with phenomena like this, and from there, develop additional technology to measure it objectively.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well in a lot of eastern cultures it is common to use psychoactive chemicals like Salvia or '___' to communicate with nature and sometimes plants themselves. This however can't be proved by science in general besides the common belief that it's nothing more then a persons brain reacting to a chemical. However from my own personal experiences in the past I will say I firmly believe that it's possible to get on the wavelength of nature and plants and understand, communicate and even become "one" with them.

On an interesting side note there is a lot of science that has been done using devices like lie detectors and other electronics connected to a plant body to see if it can "feel".

Hopefully one day we will be able to fully integrate eastern and western beliefs on these subjects and see that any living cell has the ability to function on a concious level. After all what are we made up of besides a huge amount of these small things.
I compare it to the transistor. Think of how many transistors make up a microprocessor in a computer. Alone the transistor has little function, put enough of them together in a functioning computational device and we have this thing you are reading from right now. Does that make a transistor, or a living cell any less of something? Sure a plant may not have a brain, but that doesn't make it any less alive IMHO.
Sorry for rambling heh

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So if i make simple electric circuit connected to an AC outlet. And connect that to a voltmeter. But route the AC current to enter by entering a shoot of living plant near the roots. And then allowing the current to pass up the stem. I then attach a wire to the upper part of the stem and connect this wire to the volt meter. Now if this gives me lower reading that when connecting the wires directly to the voltmeter, i will assume that the lesser current is due to the resistance produced by the plant. but if the needle on the voltmeter starts to dance, is this a message from the plant?

top topics

join