It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more cows found mutilated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Two more cows found mutilated

www.chieftain.com

Two more Southern Colorado ranchers say they have discovered cows mutilated under strange circumstances.

A cow on a ranch near Walsenburg was found with its udders cut off and a calf on a ranch near Trinidad was found missing the entire center of its body as well as its ears.

A similar mutilation was discovered March 8 on a pasture near the Purgatoire River, just west of the small town of Weston. That cow was found dead by rancher Mike Duran with its udders and reproductive organs surgically removed from its body.

The most recent case happened on Jim Garren's ranch.

Garren said Tuesday that he last saw his cow alive on Friday afternoon at his spread 12 miles southeast of Walsenburg in Las Animas County. Garren said the next day at around 2:30 p.m. his ranch manager was feeding the herd and noticed his cattle count was off by one. After looking around in areas where cows had grazed previously, Garren said his ranch hand spotted the animal dead under a cedar tree.

"The only thing that we could tell about her was that her udder had been surgically removed. There were no other injuries to that cow," Garren said.

He said the ground around the cow was never disturbed and there was no trauma to the cow's head or body.

"We searched and searched and we could not find blood on the ground or on the cow. I just can't understand how anyone could surgically remove a part from an animal and not spill some blood," he said.

Garren said that while doing a quick walk around looking for evidence on Saturday, his staff spotted the cow's newborn calf.

Garren said the calf had to have been born at least 10 hours before the mother cow was killed.

"You know I just can't explain this. I've had animals killed on my ranch by mountain lions before and coyotes, but nothing like this. It is truly strange.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Fortean Times headline read:

Cattle mutilations are making a comeback

But the mods like the exact headline so...

When I was making my walkabout in the southwest during the late 70's cattle mutilations were all over the news... creating something of a scare... in the years since the national coverage has faded the mutilations have continued unabated.

There have been many theories from predators to cultists to UFO's but no one has ever figured out exactly what is happening.

Its kind of like crop circles.... while there are certainly frauds and copycats... they are not responsible for every one of them... since some are so complex you would have to be a mathamatician to execute... the same is true with the mutilations... some are so precise you would have to be a surgeon to do it.

www.chieftain.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-3-2009 by grover]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Could be an Italian Chef, with a taste for Tripe. Note: there is an old LIttle Feat song called "Tripe Face Boogie" Just thought I'd throw that in the pot, along with this...I absolutely love Tripe Pizza.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would rather gnaw on rubber bands than eat tripe... about as flavorable and the same texture.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Tripe is like Conch you have to slice it into small sections & then soak(Marinade) it in Buttermilk preferably over night, then batter it & fry it. Most people don't know how to prep or cook either one, but its good. Go into any real Italian Restaurant or Pizza Joint (not a commercial chain) but one run by a family & I'm sure even if they don't have Tripe on the menu, they know how to prep & cook it.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by smokehouseslim]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Animal mutilations certainly are mysterious. How about the "half Cats" that are being found in Texas

www.earthfiles.com...

I have spent a fair amount of time in Southern Colorado pursuing my passion for flyfishing and I have to admit that in that area and the San Luis valley in particular is just plain "creepy!"

Cris Oconners books are insightful.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I recall watching a show on the discovery channel about cow mutilations and the mystery behind it. They time lapsed a video of a natural decay of the animal and showed that the maggots eat away at the body in such a way that it looks almost like advanced tools were used to surgically remove or cut the body organs and flesh.
Also missing eyes and other outer organs which is common is usually caused by birds pecking them out.
So in a way this has been debunked already as just natural when the animal dies in the right conditions.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Mysterious... and disgusting.

I clicked on the link and nearly lost my lunch. Ewww!

I spoke to someone who lived out that way once and he said that predators were responsible and that he'd seen corpses where bitemarks had looked surgical after decomposition.

It sounded glib at the time. Bet he never saw the picture of that horse.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darklife

Look at the Earthfiles link.

There's a picture of a horse stripped to the bone, but only from the neck up.

That is just NOT NATURAL.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They would have to be some very strange maggots to eat just the udder within 24 hrs and then leave without a trace.
And the article states that the recent cows didn't have their eyes pecked out by birds, even after leaving the cadaver exposed for some days. Natures recycling crew never goes on strike, so that alone is strange enough to warrent further investigation.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
By all accounts animals don't like going near mutilated cattle.

I have been watching a dead possum in the alley go and there is nothing surgical about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
utter are being used for isulin groth factor one the Recombinant dna is being used so they can feed sum sort of alien shape shifted human colustrum is very good source of amino acids and its hormones are very similar to humans but just a theory

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with methane, and I'm mostly thinking along these lines because when these incidents first started popping up in the 80s, usually the cow's recal passage and reproductive organs were removed. I intend to look into it further, so if I find something good, I will surely post it. Hmmm, maybe aliens are harvesting methane and cryogenically storing it on Titan just in case we destroy this habitable planet of ours...or maybe our leaders are doing it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by mels_bells]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mels_bells

I'm pretty sure, in this galaxy of ours, the aliens can find a better source of methane than cutting it out of live cows. Why not take right out of the atmosphere?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just so long as "they" don't have a cookbook with the title "To Serve Man" it's not the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't mean taking it from our cows, I mean taking the bits that generate methane from our cows...maybe it's a bit more pure than the atmosheric version. Who knows.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
They have to be using the parts for some kind of genetic DNA type manipulation. These "aliens" doing this have left their first estate and when this happens they know the retribution can't be far behind.

In the past, they were punished by God for this same thing, just before the great flood, the Bible states that there were giants in the land from the Sons of God taking wives of men and that giants or mighty men of "renown" were born unto them.

This seems to be genetic manipulation to me, and yet even after God rid the Earth of the majority of the giants in the flood, the Bible states that they once again were on the Earth after the flood.

Mere conjecture, but could they have gone up in their ships to escape the flood, speaking of the fallen angels and not the giants which I believe did all die during the flood.

So, since they were wiped out during the flood, the fallen angels came back to once again try to pollute the DNA of God's master creation.

But God once again put a stop to it, but only after enough time had passed for the giants once again to be a force to be reckoned with.

I believe that this is once again what the fallen angels are doing, but using cows now to help in this effort. It seems really sci-fi I know, but when you think about it, real life is the most amazing sci-fi story ever played out.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I must have missed this thread when it first started, but I still want to comment.

Way weird. These stories are so bothersome. In my head the crop circles, UFOs, and cow mutilations are all linked... but that might be just from all the stories and accounts I was into when I was little.

So, so odd. For some reason I feel like we -should- have this figured out, now. With all the satellites and recording instruments and whatnot. Cameras, technology.

If I were a rancher or farmer and this ever happened to my cattle, I would be so angry and sad, I would sue the country.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I read a thread last year about cattle mutilations, i believe they were in Canada. Those cattle had their tongues, eyes, ears, and rectum removed. The pictures were very clear and everything was clean, very precise, they said it looked as though a lazer had been used. It was the same thing as these cattle, there was no blood and the ground wasn't disturbed, no sign of struggle, no trace of any footprints or tire tracks.

I'd like to know what could do that to a cow and not leave any trace at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can't believe my area made ATS. Walsenburg is the largest town near us.

Imo this isn't the work of maggots. We are still having winter weather here. It might be possible for maggots to hatch at low temps but they would be sluggish. The sun gets things warmed up during the day but I think the cold nights would kill them.

The cattle are on open range no shelters or barns where maggots might survive the cold. This time of year the ranchers keep a close eye on their pregnant cows and new calves.

It's funny mels_bells mentions methane there's a drilling operation near here for coal bed methane so we don't need to secretly harvest pieces and parts from cattle.

This is a creepy area. Southeast of here is nothing but open range some canyons, outcroppings, cattle and little else. I know coyotes will sometimes get the calves when the cows give birth but her calf was alive.

The locals wouldn't do this for fun. Cows with calves are best left alone. There are no roads across most of the ranch land it would be dangerous if not impossible to drive around at night with all the washes, arroyos and canyons looking for cattle to mutilate. Besides if the locals went to that much trouble they would take the meat.

I might mention the area southeast of Walsenburg is part of the proposed pinion canyon expansion and I believe it is within the La Veta MOA.

I'll have to see if this makes the weekly paper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join