It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Rep. Michele Bachmann Calls for Armed Revolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It is more or less a crying shame that you should think that the "system"
still works on our behalf! Get a life. No amount of phone calls, faxes,
or emails seems to work for the people, let alone voting. I can't believe
that some could still be that naive. To work within the current "system"
is a complete waste of time. If you are still in the mindset of a two
party system, you are a fool. Both parties have abandonned the common
person. It is laughable when I see so many on these threads are still
blaming the other party. Don't you think by now that it is quite apparent
that both parties are totally corrupt and will not do the "will" of the
people?

The idea is not about Michelle Bachmann's character, or what she did
in any election. This is about what she stands for at this point in time.
It matters not if she was "barely" elected. It is what she stands for
now in promoting another avenue, other than to follow the two party
(both different wings of the same bird) system.

Our country is at a crossroads. We are now in grave danger of losing
our national sovereignty. With our Treasury Secretary spouting out
of both sides of his mouth and endorsing a "new world currency", your
alarm bells should be going off. You should be stepping back and
asking yourself, "what is happening here?". One of two things will
happen, and you need to decide where you stand. 1. We are turning
into a global run government at an alarming rate, 2. We will fight
for the sovereignty of these United States of American. If you condone
point number one, just sit back and do nothing. You would then also
be considered a "traitor" to this country as per our founding fathers.
If, on the other hand, you want the United States to remain a "sovereign"
nation, you had better make the tough choices to fight for that freedom,
and your liberty's. It is your choice! Lay down and do nothing, or
fight as your forefathers did, in order to keep our freedoms.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Starred you Jay....even though we might differ slightly on specifics.

Your point about all three Branches being 'equal'.....well, in a perfect example of what I 'think' the Founders envisioned....I believe they saw it as a sort of three-legged milking stool.

Let me explain: We all can agree that a chair with two legs is unstable, yes? The bare miinimum for a basic stable seat is three legs. Four legs is more stable, of course....BUT, if you designed a Government with four 'legs' then you just iintroduce another factor to contend with...hence, the 'three-legged' Government approach.

As to whether they are 'equal'......well, to become philosophical for a moment, I happen to think there actually IS a 'fourth' leg on the 'chair'.

The 'fourth' leg is the populace. THEY have the power, IN THIS SYSTEM, which is the democratic system of votiing....NOT through 'armed uprisings', unless you welcome chaos and everyone for themselves mentalities.
Sounds more like the era of Ghengis Khan!!!

So, all three 'legs' of our system are not equal. The Executive is, and should be, the most fragile. The Judiciary is next....but as has been seen throught our two centuries of experimentation, it can be iinfluenced.

The Legislative is the better 'voice' of the populous, although they are the ones to be watched most closely. They are the 'worker bees' of the system....

THIS is why a person like Ms. Bachmann should be watched very, very carefully!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The system was designed to spread the responsibility of responsible governance amongst differing branches.
Checks and balances.
They are equal because any one can put any other in place. The Executive steps out of line and breaks the law? The Attorney General is required via his oath of office to prosecute... etc. etc.

But that is a trivial matter to disagree with. I think we agree fundamentally that this woman is out of line. All that really needs be done is for her and her colleagues to stop it from happening.
If anything, we should throw THEM out on their asses for not doing their damned jobs in the first place.

Peaceably, of course.
Ideally we could just go to the capitol in mass and tell them to get the hell out... or else.
Then we just march to 1600 Pennsylvania and do the same thing.

I question the motive of a employee that askes his employer to fire him... with a gun.

By the way, I would consider the populace to be the piece of wood that rests ATOP the legs.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For those proposing the American people don't act until 2010, or otherwise known as the next Federal election cycle; or 2012, otherwise known as the next Presidential election cycle; while allowing the Obama administration and Congress to continue to spend our children's, grandchildren's, great grandchildren's, and so on future's down the drain by the minute; you are nuts! We do not have that long to wait before we act by their rate of spending!

[edit on 3/28/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
People listen...

If she or any other that are making these sorts of statements were actually serious about this, you would see her fillabustering every bill on the floor.
Have we seen any?

Have we seen her stand on the floor and SCREAM! for our liberties?
No, she is appealing to the base in America that wants to wade into the streets with Guns in the first place.

To anyone that agrees with this woman... go out and do it.
Grab a gun. March towards Washington.

YOU will be the reason Martial Law is implemented and this once free nation will become totalitarian overnight... for good.

This woman needs only do her job and this will end.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Thanks for your reply. I agree with all you have said except for the notion that we can still vote our way out of this.I really wish this was the case just do not see it working anymore under the current situation we find ourselves in.Our political parties have morphed into self serving monsters with no respect of our constitution or our liberty.I feel time has run out at the voting booth. I think the time has come to do our duty and defend the constitution.You are right, War is a terrible thing very scary days ahead I'm afraid to say.GodBless.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Ferris.....I wish we'd get back to Michele Bachmann.

At the risk of a Mod coming down on me....Ferris....how can you support the Constitution, and write a post like that????

Is anyone else seeing the hyprocisy????

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Who wrote this? I am getting sick and tired of this left right crap. How do you call someone an extremist or far right because they support the constitution? This is utter bull# and she is right, there will revolution. The awakening has begun and the information revolution has put us on a path to ride our government of the sleezeball corruption.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Do you refer to the corruption of the Bush/Cheney Admistration???

When, when the push to invade Iraq for the non-existent WMD proved to be false, the Hlliburton subsidiary KBR was given a no-bid contract to build facilities in Iraq, for US Troops, only to elecrocute dozens of them because of shoddy contruction?? AND, who did the outgoing Admin give the contracts to 'repair' those mistakes??? You betcha'!!! KBR!!!!!!

Oh, if you want to look for corruption, look far, far deeper than a new Administration that has only been in Office for about 68 days!!!!!

How long has Rep. Michele Bachmann been in office??? Is she crazy from the drinking fountains in the Capitol, or is it from the well in her 'enclave' in her 'compound' she aparrently retires to in Minnesota on her off days....

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

epete.....to once again respond to YOUR question....

"How to call a person Left-Wing or an extremist Liberal because they wish to comply with the Constitution"??????

The Democratic Party are well-informed, and well-intentioned to follow the Constitution. As are, to be fair, many many members of the rational part of the Republican Party.

I changed your wording, while putting the words into quotes...to make a point.

There are 'extremeists' on all sides....and, I don't just mean Democratic or Republican.

I will try, again, to remind some of our more radical viewers....we, the USA, are a 'Democratic Republic'. Or, if that offends because it was alphabetical, call it a 'Republic of Democratic Governance'.

It astonishes me, really. People who ARE American, and do not fully understand our system of Government. I mean, I'm not fully cognizant of the Parliamentary system....becase I didn't grow up under that System. I would think that people who grew up in the US would have some understanding, instead of jumping to conclusions and advocating violent insurrections....THIS IS NOT A VIDEO GAME!!!!!

I have read, in the media recently, that Civics lessons have been cut back in some schools....7th to 12th Grade, mostly. What a crying shame.

Perhaps Michele Bachmann isn't crazy.....just woefully misinformed......

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm just sick of hearing about these worthless piece of snap congressmen and women who act as if they have suddenly grown a conscience because money has ran out.

Listen to them. These are the SAME SCUMBAGS who ran this country into the ground in the first place.
And now that the money is gone they are pointing their fingers at another and telling the people to grab their guns?!

We also have that Thomas Paine character that is being invited to the White House because HE TOO is telling people to revolt.
Something is amiss here.

There are still peaceful alternatives. Phone your representatives and tell them to do their damned jobs. They are driving us into ruin! 1-866-340-9281 (congressional switchboard)
If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE called them and told them to 1) Pass term limit laws and 2) Step down... resign and convene a new national election to replace the scumbags in office we would send a POWERFUL message that business as usual is no longer accepted.
You'd see them shape up in no time flat.

But then we would still have to demand they resign.

I mean, if we are willing to grab guns, we are taking it to the extreme. Might as well demand they step down first and give them the peaceable option out.
Bloodshed may be spared that way!
Please think about what you are saying.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I mean, is that how we conduct business?
We just don't give a sh1t until we run out of money?

Where was all this outrage when we were illegally invading countries?
Where was the outrage when we were illegally detaining people due to their ethnicity in concentration camps based just off of our shoreline?

You people disgust me.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In case you had not noticed, that last great safeguard of a peaceful resolution to government encroachment on our rights went out the door with Florida’s recount of the Bush/Gore vote being illegally halted by the Supreme Court; the interventionist aspects of this unprecedented power grab institutionalized convenient vote manipulation. This was just a high tech version of the Johnson imaginary voter and graveyard voter’s fraud of long ago. If the powers that be want you in you will be, or you’ll have a ‘smart’ zigzagging bullet take you out.

Indeed, Bush will go down in history as having done more to destroy our Constitution and Bill of Rights than any standing army ever could have. He, single handedly in the name of ‘security’, set the precedent by which our current traitorous elected officials are finishing the job of subjecting us to United Nations oversight. Very few of those who are currently charged with the duty of safeguarding our founding documents are not complaisant in the on going assault against them.

It is in this false paradigm of ‘Republican and Democrat’ that the powers that be have applied the opiate of seemingly being able to effect change; to the ‘right’ and ‘left’ of unconstitutional is still unconstitutional. Sleep a little longer with that stupidity and you will for certain awake a slave.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I noticed.
Hell, it is time to get rid of the electoral college anyhow.
Tell them to get rid of that also.

If we phoned them in mass that is as good as any vote. Much moreso, in fact.

I cannot emphasize enough how much a voice the silent majority actually has. If they will only use it.

I'm not saying that it may not come to violence in the streets.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE IDEA OF SENDING THEM AN ULTIMATUM FIRST!

We sent a pretty strong message with the bailouts, but these assholes disregarded it! Multiply that message by 10 demanding they cease and desist immediately and see what happens!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Yes, but....SGT.....

While you have a valid point, it is old history. (AND, yes, History needs to be remembered, in order to not repeat...)

This thread has presented a lot of viewpoints, many are valid (I exclude myself, as I attempt this time to be Switzerland)....

It is intersesting, as I attempt to BE Switzerland, how Ms. Bachmann's comments have initiated such diverse swings of opinion....it seemed to have sparked a need to 'vent', if not just online, at least it's online....and I hope it STAYS online, here at ATS.

Staying in the 'guise' of Switzerland, I would like to see everyone 'vent' to their heart's content, here.

THEN, remember that you STILL have a right to vote, at your next opportunity. THAT is the beauty of the 'system'....

I, for instance, cannot vote out Ms. Bachmann, for I do not live in Minnesota. AND, even IF I did live in her State, if I wasn't in HER District, I STILL could not vote FOR nor AGAINST her.....because, it is a 'representational' system.....THAT is the beauty of the concept.

(OK,OK....there is that curse word known as 'gerrymandering'....but, let's try to stop that, in another thread, please).

As to Rep. Michele Bachmann's comments, et al.....it is still disturbing that NO ONE in her Party has seen fit to comment in any way to censure her, or to at least to attempt to diffuse her incendiary statements.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
Recently, I was dragged to one of Glenn Beck's 9/12 meetups here in Alaska by my parents. Before proceeding with them, I informed them of what I expected; Generally, a group consisting mostly of older individuals, republicans who are bickering partyists denouncing Obama and such.

And that is exactly what I got.

This country, as a whole, does not deserve to survive. In all cases I have seen, people are so divided and wrong-headed about where they come from that none of us deserves the blood soaked rights which our founders gave to us.

We bicker and argue about things that don't matter if you believed in individual freedoms and states rights, and when almost all of those I've seen write on the subject talk about "FREEDOM" it is an ambiguous concept which isn't true freedom.

If you want to defend freedom, you defend the rights of the terrible. You defend the rapist, the murderer. You defend the Pedophile, the Child Molester. You defend their human rights like you'd defend your son or daughter, because they are the people who'll be shot and killed should people like those whose comments I read ever take over power from any federal government.

They are the sort that believe, "Kill all the criminals, and let god sort them out". They are the sort that believe vigilantism is good, that taking matters into your own hands when crimes are committed against you is better than the system in place.

They are marginally correct.... our Justice system is fundamentally broken, shattered and incomprehensible. Nowadays, it is more shocking when the Supreme Court makes a decision that is actually JUST than it is when they make a decision that everyone disagrees with.

So I decided... I have an eloquent speaking voice, and some level of Charisma in real life. I will never, EVER contribute to a group who is so self-supporting and blind to their own bigotries and partisanship. I won't lend my power, my voice to anyone who is so obviously uneducated or comfortable in the ignorance they wrap themselves in.

And I realize, thusly, that I won't contribute to anyone. Because Human Beings suck, and are incapable of being rational creatures... if it isn't thinking about yourself and your loved ones, you wouldn't do anything for anyone... least of all the dregs of society.

And those are the people you should be defending the rights of. It all starts with them.

No you are for certain wrong. When we failed to defend the rights of those we disagreed with, we set the precedent that enabled the taking of our own rights. True freedom can only be found in the defense of the rights of those you would rather see stripped of them. Only with a return to the purity of the Constitution can we hope to retain not only the freedom of our intellectual enemies, but our own.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Ferris.....I wish we'd get back to Michele Bachmann.

At the risk of a Mod coming down on me....Ferris....how can you support the Constitution, and write a post like that????

Is anyone else seeing the hyprocisy????

Because I do believe in the Constitution, and what it stands for. And also believe that the President and Congress are sworn to only act to benefit America, not harm it, like they are currently doing.

The only hypocrisy I'm seeing is coming from the pro "bankrupt the next 5 generations" Obama-buck spend-a-holics. Don't you see that?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have drafted an email for my representative.
I'll share it to try to get my point across here. Instead of people running into the streets with guns, how about everyone try sending this first? I think it gets the point across.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Boozman,

Surely you are familiar with Michele Bachmann's call for an armed revolution against the Government. According to her, the Democrats are now the enemy of the state.
First I would wonder if you agree with her considering that these economic policies began under George Bush.

Do all of you consider the American People this stupid? Stupid enough that we would not only disregard the recklessness of the Republican party but also take arms against the Democratic party?

This is outrageous and I am sick of it.

The way I see this is that YOU, ALL OF YOU IN CONGRESS, have allowed this to happen. You were ALL derelict in your duty to the people you are sworn to represent. You allowed these bailouts to occur against the OVERWHELMING wishes of your employers and you now have the audacity to say things like this and others (thinking in particular about that other idiot's remarks about having AIG kill themselves as if he had nothing to do with them getting the money in the first place even though he was told not to give it).

I would like to see three things happen immediately. For I fear that if they do not, we are going to see this country go somewhere NONE of us want to see it go.
1) Legislation enforcing two term limits on members of Congress.
2) Legislation abolishing the corrupt electoral college. Give the power back to the people individually to decide which of you criminals are going to represent them.
3) Legislation to convene immediately a national election to replace each and every member of Congress, who will be expected to tender a resignation immediately for dereliction of duty.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then follow it up with a phonecall to your representative. It'll take 10 minutes of your time.
They'll get the hint. It isn't like they will actually do these things, but it will get the ball rolling to the point that this is an ultimatum of the voters.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Naw, you are completely on basis. I mean she doesn't exactly have a lot of credibility because she has said some pretty asinine things in the past, but I think she is on to something for the most part.

I think it is funny when she said she likes to keep her citizens "armed and dangerous" that was great.

On a side note she is pretty cute.

you are a partisan
that lady is fooking looney as a FUDD and you've get her back?

Good lord

Admit it would ya?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh my fellow patriot, do you think one who has bled and lost many friends in the defense of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would call for outright violence without a ‘Lexington Green’ Glen Beck style march on Washington? The South forgot that lesson and fired first, loosing the moral high ground of active self-defense.

We must march, resolute that we will not be pushed farther; convinced that to live, and if need be die free, is better than living on our knees as slaves; dedicated to each other as Americans in the relinquishing of all petty differences of religion, lack there of, past political affiliation, skin color or anything that divides. If we do this, they will fire first; have no fear of that, as they are certainly terrified of our unity.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join