It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Freedom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The reason I ask this is that I believe freedom to be a major aspect of discovery ergo evolution. and therefore of the uptmost importance that it should be understood.

My question is twofold firstly what is your opinion of what freedom is and secondly has society ineavertantly watered down our freedoms in a attempt to please and apease society at large.

Personally sometimes I feel free but not truly free which is a different mindset a neo-human one if you like. I have entered this neo-human state very occasionally and found that yes there is such a thing as moments of freedom. If I were truly free I believe myself and others could amplify this and create something special possibly monumental.

Because there are few if any pockets in society whom I believe are free we have not been able to learn from them and so a path has not really presented itself with regards the realisation of true freedom. Films often depict people exibiting signs of freedom but they are just that films!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No one can be truly free as long as anything or anyone has any kind of influence over him/her at all. When nothing has any effect on you (you would not truly be alive then) freedom exists. Every action we take is to one end only and that is our own comfort, whether it be short term or long term and this includes a comfortable conscience as well. I'm not saying all slavery is comfortable, but that we are enslaved by comfort and true freedom doesn't really appeal to us usually, because slavery is existence. It's like a video game, if there were no rules or set objectives to follow it wouldn't be a very challenging game. But I am sure there are some people who would rather do other things than play games (maybe).

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is my vision of freedom:
-------------------------

We, the Free People of Sovereign States, hold these Truths as self-evident,
I. That all humans are created equal, from the moment of conception by their unique human spark and pattern,
A. Yet, by careful logical human analysis, this does not protect the life of an unborn fetus only in such cases when conception was by non-consenting force or by unhealthy familial-proximal partnership, or in such cases when carriage proves life-threatening to the mother;
II. That we are, so, endowed with certain unalienable Rights, which are,
A. To Live Life;
1. Via owning, commanding, and protecting via armaments our own healthy, educated, productive, ecologically sound human life in our own vision,
2. Via natural conception of human life, thus preventing others from engineering human lives in direct opposition to the balance of nature.
3. Via conception, caring for, teaching, and raising descendants to adulthood in our own vision,
a. So long as it does not impose on the Rights of the descendant lain in this declaration,
4. Via formation of a family in our own vision,
5. And, via existence and expression of our lives within an unpolluted balanced living ecological environment without any engineering or creation of any genetically-engineered or artificial life-forms or the genetic or chemical enhancement of current life-forms, without any pollution, and without any secrecy about the contents of food stuff;
B. To Exhibit Liberty;
1. Via births free from guilt and inherited duty or servitude,
2. Via lives free from servitude and duty, except as we deem right,
3. Via expressions through speech, press, and all creative means,
4. Via privacies to exist protected beyond the secret or public reach of invaders into our unique life information, of measurement by study, or of behavioral scrutiny or investigation,
5. Via each a single vote by which to decide on Laws, Representation, or logical direction of policy,
6. Via choices of property, goods, and services,
7. Via movement to travel and decide domicile,
8. Via study and worship to learn and decide belief and truths for the self;
C. To Find Justice;
1. Via Judicial authority to discovery evidence to ensure Justice,
2. Via Justice to face our accusers and trespassers in a Court of Law and to have our Legal Trials decided by an unbiased Jury of our Peers,
3. Via Status to live free from any inequality attributed via ancestry, religious belief, age, sex, disability, or served justice;
D. And, to Pursue Success;
1. Via personal intellectual development and educational learning and training,
2. Via personal healthiness and living within ecological balance,
3. Via personal business and employment,
4. Via personally buying and selling property, services, and goods,
5. Via personally owning; via patents, copyrights, and trademarks; and so profiting from our ingenuity and invention;
III. That whenever any form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right and Duty of the People or the Peoples’ States to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new and more Democratic Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its Powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely or surely to affect their Liberty, Safety, and Happiness;
IV. That to secure these Rights, an elected body of equal state representation shall by unanimity, establish and enact a Constitution for the sole purpose of designing the limits of a Federal Government that’s sole purpose is justly enforcing the Rights of the People and Sovereignty of the States which will develop for, by, and of the People of the States;
V. That to further secure these Rights, a Lawful Order of an executive Governor of any of the fifty States of the United States of America may bring criminal or impeachment hearings upon any such federal executives, representatives, judges, or employees by showing credible evidence, having derived their Just Power from the consent of the governed People to use all forces at their disposal to defend these rights and defend their sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose

man, freedoms a state of mind, the knowledge of you own mortality means you can never be free.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
True freedom, at least while we are here on this planet, is something you can only have in your own mind. The body is not free, not yet. Because the mind doesn't know how to heal it, or control it, yet. The heart and soul are not free because we do not know what it means completely yet. But I believe we are beginning to know that our minds are free to choose what we wish to ponder. It's wide open. Through imagination and creativity of the mind is how most of our doors have been opened. Sadly, some won't grant this freedom to others, but we can do it anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Freedom is the realization of responsibility. The acceptance that the situations we are in are of our own making. That our minds, our hearts, our thoughts and our feelings are our own. We build the cages we reside in even while others may provide us the materials. Perhaps instead of building the cage as we're instructed, we should be building wings.

The flesh is not free and never will be. As it needs fed to be maintained it will always be dependent. It is the karmic chain which binds us to this earth. But how heavy that chain is again a choice.

[edit on 28/3/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
True freedom, at least while we are here on this planet, is something you can only have in your own mind. The body is not free, not yet. Because the mind doesn't know how to heal it, or control it, yet. The heart and soul are not free because we do not know what it means completely yet. But I believe we are beginning to know that our minds are free to choose what we wish to ponder. It's wide open. Through imagination and creativity of the mind is how most of our doors have been opened. Sadly, some won't grant this freedom to others, but we can do it anyway.

Very insightful words, thanks. Could you expand on what you meant by the mind doesn't know how to heal the body? What kind of healing did you mean?

You say the mind is free but I have found this is only the case in a few, most are still conditioned by society and therefore think accordingly. Survival, work and relationship worries also play on many minds which detract from experiencing freedom of the mind. Even if such a place is reached what about our imagination doesn't that need a helping hand? My opinion is it does. It's hard to explain but a good analogy would be imagine you are rich but have never seen a shop in your life, you are told you can buy anything. The chances are you will only come up with a small list of things to buy that doesn't actually compare to what is available. Similarly if the mind has not been exposed to what is out there then the chances are it is not capable of 'seeing' clearly.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Freedom is the right grow, it's the right to blossom and be yourself.
to be who you are and who you want to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

Could you expand on what you meant by the mind doesn't know how to heal the body? What kind of healing did you mean?

You say the mind is free but I have found this is only the case in a few, most are still conditioned by society and therefore think accordingly. Survival, work and relationship worries also play on many minds which detract from experiencing freedom of the mind. Even if such a place is reached what about our imagination doesn't that need a helping hand? My opinion is it does. It's hard to explain but a good analogy would be imagine you are rich but have never seen a shop in your life, you are told you can buy anything. The chances are you will only come up with a small list of things to buy that doesn't actually compare to what is available. Similarly if the mind has not been exposed to what is out there then the chances are it is not capable of 'seeing' clearly.
I believe we can heal our bodies with our mind. Through all kinds of different ways. The energies out there that heal are different for everyone. But each of us knows what makes us happy or has in the past. Creativity is one of mine. Excercise, sex, laughter, meditation, water etc. I think one day we will be able to think ourselves back to health, or with another person we trust. Or never really get that sick because we are at some level of balance. At least I think that is where we are headed with all this research we do into human behavior and metaphysics.

Certainly we are conditioned by society, especially by the parents, and then by our peers, to see the world the way they do. That is not their fault, they are taught too. We all are taught, and we experience certain atmospheres that tell us if it is correct or not in our minds. But there are a few who question what they are taught, what they saw, what they felt. They imagine a different way. The way they wanted it to be.
The freedom in their minds, from what reality looks like, leads them to create different things, to long for different things.
Each unique person chooses how they see that environment. My brother sees my mother completely different than me. We had similar experiences of atmosphere, yet she was perceived differently and so in turn responded to differently which was a back and forth between the two of them. It enforced the "reality" between them.

Yes reality detracts from freedom of the mind, especially with limitations and dependence. Yet even though you can act responsible, get up and go to work, and deal with the issues of life, you still have the freedom to change and make choices about how you view that part of life. I believe there are some boundries even there though due to personality and desire. The basic personality seeks certain experiences because of desire and interest or even karma. The type of job we seek, the way we choose to work etc are seeming constants in personalities. But still the freedom remains to think about those restrictions how you want to.

Our imagination does get ideas from others ( a helping hand) but we still have the freedom to choose who we take our ideas from, how we expand on them, how we change them to suit us better. You can go to a store and get ideas. Just like you can go into a relationship and get ideas. We learn by "shopping" our culture, our relationships, our landscape, our conditions, our experiences... and we form an idea from there.

The mind being exposed to what is out there? We have an overload, a plethora of choices out there to choose from. That is what is exciting and confusing about this time. So many "shops" to look into. Do you judge someone for shopping in a certain store when you are walking by? Not usually, you don't care. But you may not like being told to shop in one. Freedom to shop is like freedom of the mind. Freedom of thought. Your mind says "what store do I want to go in today?" and your mind creates and imagines what it would be like to go there.

Not having the shops to look at? I suppose that is how we can look at it. But if we are truly seeing "clearly" we don't need to have the shop. We search for our own truths, create our own "shops" through our heart and imagination.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks for your in depth reply Seagrass.

Have you ever thought that the problem lies with the limitation of the physical human body?

What if life were like our dreams where we can do so much more?

Maybe the world we should be living in should be vibrating at a higher energetic level to allow more flexibility, the ability to become without fear or hinderance, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The physical body is an enormous hindrance. It is uncomfortably and painfully so. That is why so many try to leave it in some spiritual or metaphysical way. Try to connect with something else. Try to merge with something else. It is lonely being in a body with only your own mind to talk to, to relate to. We seek out other forms to communicate with, to share with. Even so far as to seek otherworldly connections, when earthly ones seem less than we expect. It is a desire in my opinion to find balance. To find something to be a part of. We are feeling separate and not whole within our own bodies. We think freedom is to be connected to something other than ourselves, that that will release the feeling of being bound inside our bodies. Our minds want our bodies to be free too.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Perfect freedom is the freedom to love.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

You've gotta watch this if you're interested in what is freedom and doing something to protect your freedoms!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
When you say freedom of the body do you mean being able to go anywhere, like birds do? because if that is the case birds are having all of the fun in life while we are miserably attached to the ground, which beats our bodies down and is painful in many ways, developing hunchbacks, breaking bones, developing bad knees, the air doesnt do that to the bird, In my eyes, birds, (the ones that can fly) are superior to man in almost every way. Our intellect has lay ruin to many beautiful things,(the once forested planet) is it such a gift to have? When I say that I am bored in jail, I mean the jail of the body.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I mean that there is a trend now to develop out of body experiences OOBEs and to use the spirit to astral travel and lucid dreaming experiences. To learn to heal our own bodies with our minds, and to connect with ourselves, our own essence. To be conscious creators of our own experience here in the physical. I believe this is the only true freedom we can have here, when we take control of our own thought processes and abilities to master ourselves. Not follow the doctrines and religions and codes that have existed for as long as we can remember. But to reevaluate them on our own terms. This is what I mean.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Using the mind to manipulate our cells towards some healing that otherwise would not have occurred?, A torn ligament for instance, is unlike most other parts of the body, for it has no means to naturally regenerate, always requiring surgery, and so your saying that I or future generations of me will be able to conciously control body processess and heal ligaments? like telepathically? Ive been cut many times before and I have always healed, but I did not need to use my mind to do so. Please explain to me how humans would start to aquire this ability. And I believe that things like lucid dreaming are the pinnacle of our freedom of expierience because we are both the environment and the seer, but can we eat lucidly?, procreate lucidly?, protect ourselves lucidly?, make money lucidly? Please tell me how we could ever practically use our minds alone to heal ourselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Freedom is commercial redemption. Personal sovereignty and the like. In the sense that humans are free. Some thoughts on someone who argues everything, contrary to acceptance, but nonetheless, a good place to start:

www.teamlaw.org...

Check out "Patriot Mythology" on that page.

Also, someone else had some thoughts on the matter as well....

www.youtube.com...

It is about God/creation and your place as a sovereign being.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You could refer to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid. Self-actualization could equate to freedom.

meerasinha.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Circle]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Freedom is a very interesting topic, what does it mean, and how can you perceive it in its "right" sense?!

I believe freedom is all about following natural rules. As humans we have gone a far way, we have invented so much, always tried to get the "best" out of any situation, and attempted to define ourselves during the process. We are far from freedom, because freedom is not what we are told to believe. We cannot reach freedom through materialistic means, or being a capitalistic, we rather have to try to open our minds.
Any kind of animal here on this planet is more free than us. They act upon the rules of nature, they are doing what they are supposed to do in order to keep nature in balance, without any regret or back-thought! That's what I call free, to know, as a being, for sure that all you do is for the best.
We humans are only seeing the tip of the iceberg when it comes to imagining freedom, but our true potentials and our true will will come forth when we learn to be unified.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boredinjail
reply to post by seagrass

Using the mind to manipulate our cells towards some healing that otherwise would not have occurred?, A torn ligament for instance, is unlike most other parts of the body, for it has no means to naturally regenerate, always requiring surgery, and so your saying that I or future generations of me will be able to conciously control body processess and heal ligaments? like telepathically? Ive been cut many times before and I have always healed, but I did not need to use my mind to do so. Please explain to me how humans would start to acquire this ability. And I believe that things like lucid dreaming are the pinnacle of our freedom of experience because we are both the environment and the seer, but can we eat lucidly?, procreate lucidly?, protect ourselves lucidly?, make money lucidly? Please tell me how we could ever practically use our minds alone to heal ourselves.
Simply by not creating the need to have disease and physical problems. Being able to control our consciousness, or more accurately NOT control our consciousness by the pressured standards of belief systems, so that there would be no need to experience it. And should we falter on occasion, we might stop or reverse the process. Not unlike everyone saying stress causes cancer. In a way I believe it is true for all diseases and ailments. That they are all caused through our own reality creation. Are you familiar with the you create your own reality theories? Law of Attraction for example?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by seagrass]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join