It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec Province recalls ALL tasers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry, this was on the radio this morning, but will appear probably on a news site later in the day.

Recent delivery of Tasers to Quebec were subject to testing. The first 5 tested all failed. Some of the tasers were giving out 50% more current that what was stated as normal. Due to this,, the rest of the delivery will be inspected, and all other tasers will also be tested.

Just thought that I would share this little piece of info with my brothers and sisters.

When I find link I will edit this.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.msp.gouv.qc.ca...

There's a press bulletin on the website of public security ministry. Sorry the link is in french. They are gonna recall every taser , test them and if they comply with original specs they are gonna be given back to te cops.

Better to use those that to shoot people!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandnic Better to use those than to shoot people!

Mais oui, but the Sûreté du Québec is not well known for either its compassion or it's sense of humour, so you can bet if they suspect a problem with tasers...then there's definately a problem!

My Canada includes Quebec! (et La Floride)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That is good news. How many people have these things killed now? Non-lethal weapons? Tell that to the family of the 15-year old who was killed with a Taser in Michigan recently. They are deadly weapons, and they are being used on children!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Nox Vulpes]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of course an energy weapon is lethal. I dont know why they would produce such a dangerous weapon, other than to make it easier for the police to hurt and kill. Wouldnt want the police to break a sweat doing it the old way.

Anybody notice how regular police are getting younger and more aggressive. I have been stopped a few times for checking my papers like I was in some European or Asian country. crazy. I know how to handle the cops, I am good at their mind games. Its funny how they try to trip you up. But alas they are becoming thugs, more dangerous than biker gangs.

I do my best to stay away from police, cause these days are dangerous days.

ps. salut tout monde, par la ville de Quebec

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I know it all to well. I like to keep as much distance between them and me. There as been multiple problem with taser, there was a documentary yesterday on TV about all the problem it has caused. In Vancouver airport, 4 RCMP police tased a polish guy 5 times. The guy died a few minutes after. The man was not dangerous at all, he was just upset and didn't speak english. Those cops should be given the same treatment they gave him.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Now they have those automatic camera on their car that read your licence plate automaticaly. I got pulled the other day for doing nothing, I had a unpaid parking ticket, that got my driving licence suspented. They impounded my car for a month, cost me 450$ impound fee, plus a 400$ ticket. I can even find word to express my distaste of those tax-collector that call themselves police.

And your right, they are becoming younger and younger. The younger they are, the more dangerous they are, they want to prove themselves and don't have much of a judgement.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandnic

In Vancouver airport, 4 RCMP police tased a polish guy 5 times. The guy died a few minutes after. The man was not dangerous at all, he was just upset and didn't speak english. Those cops should be given the same treatment they gave him.

I am well aware of that case, and the RCMP is being seriously grilled for their actions. In fact, the attorney for the victim's mother is ex-Mountie himself.

So, I am not singling out the QPP. It's just that I am visiting your city at the end of the summer, and I promise to be on my best behaviour if the police are too. Do you call them Les Flics in Quebec as well, or is that just France?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yea, we call them ''les flics'' like in France. There's also ''les boeus'' that is commonly used (means beef in french slang). I usually call them ''les percepteurs'' witch means tax-collector. They look funny now because the city police are asking for a pay increase, so they dress with camo pants of different color ... charming

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
il y a aussi les cochons

I heard that the RCMP officer that shot the taser will have his past cases reviewed. Supposedly he has a couple stains on his record.

Sry to hear about the car. Sucks.

The younger the officer the more there is to prove. And some are mutants. They are above average size. Almost like clones. Yeah I stay away from police. I can sense them a couple minutes before I see one. The hairs on the back of my neck goes up, I know there are cops around. I dont do anything bad, but nowadays that dont mean nuting.

Tha Tasers have more evidence that it harms than do good. The only tests have been for single shot. There are no tests that have been done for multiple shots. Even cops have been hurt by them. They dont want to tell us how many have filed charged Taser company. We dont hear about those cases.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
About damned time!

Cops grossly overuse these things as an "EASY" button and these are far from non-lethal weapons.

These weapons should be used only as a last resort before shooting a suspect with a firearm.

Unfortuantly, since the "perception" has been perpetrated by the media that these weapons are completely "non-lethal", our over zealous police have decided to over-use these things resulting in an ever increasing body count.

Law Enforcement: THIS IS NOT AN EASY BUTTON, this is a deadly weapon. Get a clue.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree, I am origionally from Quebec and their cops have a 'no mercy' policy...

amazing they pulled in the tazers...and mighty err 'English' of em.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi, taser haters.

It is SURE that a taser is lethal.

What do you think 25,000 to 50,000 VOLTS will do,
**near** the heart ? ? ! !

It is FAR worse than the 2 pads used by medics, to
revive the almost deads. . .

If they HAVE to use them, they should aim the legs,
NOT the torso ! IT WILL KILL !

[ Et salut les Quebecois et Canadiens ! ]

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess that we can surmize from this that Tasers suck, and we should all be vigilant to not be fire upon by one.

Never really looked it up, but do you think that if you saw it coming you could swipe it with your hand? Is there such thing as a taser proof vest? should I not say these things out loud????

top topics

join