It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - compared to Kennedy and Lincoln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i have suspicion of any "saint", especially if they come in the form of a past President like Lincoln etc, and to compare Obama to Lincoln BEFORE he was elected seems VERY weird to me.

the comparisons made me sick, and i don't think i'm alone.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
yeah you're not alone. Lincoln and others were men of integrity. obama is just a puppet who like all leaders these days don't write their own speeches and rely on the almighty teleprompter.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

This is also a reply to aero.

I have said on many posts that I am very concerned about Obama.

I said it first before the elections when I said that his name is way too like Osama etc.

I have said it since when I said that I think he is a puppet of some dark power.

I said it yet again when he was so rude to the British PM, who is supposedly his ally.

And I said it yet again when he s'n-word'ed about the plight of the average American.

I said, and I stand by it, that this man is either the antichrist, or the puppet of the antichrist, and if you don't believe in Christ, I will say that this man is still an enemy of ordinary people - which is most of us.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Kennedy and Lincoln are remembered as particularily 'historic' presidents. Whatever you think about Obama's policy, it's hard to say that his presidency isn't historic, in the sense that he's the first black president.

Disregarding, of course, the fringe right's assertions that he isn't the president.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Here's something really strange for you.
I work at a Sams club (sue me) and I promise you every single reference to Obama is very VERY close to a reference to Lincoln.

There's also this

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Only thing Obama has thats like Lincoln is the fact that he is a skinny armed lawyer,and the thing he could share with Kennedy and Lincoln is if he keeps giving away taxpayers money,he could meet the same demise as them IMO

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is so bad, but I saw this thread and had to post. I heard this "joke" about a month before the election:
What do Lincoln, Kennedy, and Obama share in common?
-Nothing...Yet.

The implication is obvious.
Hehe... now all the brainwashed Obamites are going to attack me.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Not every Obama supporter compares Obama to kennedy or Lincoln, infact I see Obama as his person.... dont need to compare him to anything. If you feel the media has to represent and entire population of people, and then generalize, you should get a reality check.

I know some folks saw Bush as God sent, but I dont think all of the conservatives saw him as that. Same for McCain supporters and what not. The media tends to use catchy frasers and comparisons to push up interests and ratings... that doesnt necessarily reflect folks as individuals.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

dont need to compare him to anything. If you feel the media has to represent and entire population of people, and then generalize, you should get a reality check.

This is something that has lately almost turned me off from liberalism ... this "don't generalize" stuff. you expect people to not categorize things so they can make sense and to consider everything so freaking unique, yet you also say that everything is equal and the same. which is it?

though i agree people did the same crap with bush early in his presidency.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i have suspicion of any "saint", especially if they come in the form of a past President like Lincoln etc, and to compare Obama to Lincoln BEFORE he was elected seems VERY weird to me.

the comparisons made me sick, and i don't think i'm alone.

Obama compared to Kennedy?? Is this some kind of joke?

What compares, that they were both presidents?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by king9072]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
This is something that has lately almost turned me off from liberalism ... this "don't generalize" stuff.

Oh ok, how about the media will talk about how every republican or third party supporter are whackos and conspiracy theorists, shall I then think of every conservative this way? Theres no excuse Donnie. This isnt PC, this is just common sense. It is only when folks lump themselves among those groups that you then confront them, but you cannot account for an entire population, especially when your sourcing the information from the media.

though i agree people did the same crap with bush early in his presidency.

yes and at the same time not every conservative saw him as godsent therefor you never hear me saying "all conservatives are whackos and think Bush is God sent".

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

That is a very dangerous joke to post in a public internet forum. I can see the US Secret Service running your background check as we speak. I starred you for your bravery and humor, so I guess they are running a check on me too.

It really is a very morbid joke. I REALLY hope that they never have that in common as it would likely cause increadible civil unrest in this country and would be used to declare Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by cbianchi513

It really is a very morbid joke. I REALLY hope that they never have that in common as it would likely cause increadible civil unrest in this country and would be used to declare Martial Law.

Agreed... I'm not too worried about the background check, it is only a "joke" after all.

I have long said that the worst thing that could happen to We, the People is for Obama to be made into a martyr. The resulting chaos would plunge the world further towards one government than most have been able to realize. I am glad the Secret Service are on top of their game.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Making anyone a saint before they get elected is creepy.... but we'll see what he does.

top topics

join