It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea positions missile on launch pad: report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

We need a boogie-man. It is a sickness. The public now demands it. I think of Walter Sobchak when he said "they're going to kill that poor woman!" In this instance, I must say "oh my! they're going to launch that scary rocket!"

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
We need a boogie-man.

I understand needing a boogie man when there is nothing exciting going on in the world. But right now the global financial structure is collapsing and no one has found a solution to stop the recession yet. So how about putting the boogie men aside and focusing on the actual threat.

It is a sickness. The public now demands it.

I think the public would be pretty sick of it after 8 years of Bush's tricks. The Axis of Evil is now retired to just being a unallied league of empoverished third world dictatorships. The "terrorists" haven't been doing much other than releasing annual videotapes. And the public still demands more? I think it is the politicians who keep supplying, and the public has no other alternative than to consume this BS.

I think of Walter Sobchak when he said "they're going to kill that poor woman!" In this instance, I must say "oh my! they're going to launch that scary rocket!"

All the WW3 theorists must be jumping with joy that N. Korea is finally doing something remotely "evil". Now they can run around and yell "WW3 is coming" for an entire week, after which everyone forgets everything and moves on to some new piece of entertainment.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Exactly, you used your intellect as a rhetorical scholar and critic is directly reveal what I was thinking. Great job.

Still, saber-rattling between these "pedophile-psychos with their fingers on the nuclear trigger" (as Alex Jones once coined) does make me antsy.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Still, saber-rattling between these "pedophile-psychos with their fingers on the nuclear trigger" (as Alex Jones once coined) does make me antsy.

Regarding Kim and his toys - I seriously doubt N. Korea has the means to to deliver even a single nuclear payload to the US, and probably even to Japan. What was assumed to be their one and only nuclear test a few years back, is believed to have resulted in failure as much of the exposive material fizzled out. And the sole ICBM they possess has been tested only once before, and most likely is unable to even reach Hawaii without extensive modifications which must be procured from outside of N. Korea.

Also given how closely the US monitors N. Korea and is aware of when the missile is being prepared and fueled - I am more than sure the US military knows if the warheads are anywhere near it.

No matter how one plays it, there is no threat coming from N. Korea.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by Harlequin
north korea has something, like 10,000 155mm artilery tubes within range of Seoul - who needs a nuke when you have that much incoming.

And there is probably no better non-nuclear trigger to regime change than perhaps 10,000 155mm artillery shells hitting a city. In this case a city with millions of civilians. But the fanatics in North Korea might actually find it difficult to perceive regime change by foreign powers. They have been so deluded with authority for so long that even video of Saddam being checked for lice might not really impact Kim.

so when is the regime in washington being kicked out and the people of the USA getting there rights back then

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

When all the luxuries an American enojys, even in a recession, cease to exist.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Nor am I worried about N. Korea, it is my own country (US CORP) and the actions it will take in disposing of said "boogieman" that worries me the most.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

when those luxuries include bread you need to wonder - why me?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I thought this belongs here........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join