It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea positions missile on launch pad: report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I say we send one our many Area 51 reverse engineered starships
over there and grab on to the missile with a tractor beam.
Pick it up and carry it over to the North Korean Capitol .
Just gently lay it down on the ground in the main square where
they do all their marching around.
The message is "Here is your little toy. Stop causing trouble."

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well spaceships cobbled together from godknows what aside, the US could just burn its engine out with a Lazer from one of those airborne nuclear deterant planes they have now.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can just see Kim strapping himself to the front of that thing wearing a cowboy hat digging his spurs into the sides of the missle screaming YEEEHAW!!!!
then we shoot it down like a bugs bunny cartoon.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Well spaceships cobbled together from godknows what aside, the US could just burn its engine out with a Lazer from one of those airborne nuclear deterant planes they have now.

Thought you may want to know.
UK is our closest ally.
We shared our alien secrets with you.
United Kingdom ALSO has a few reverse engineered starships.
My guess is that one of them is the HMS Hood!

They look like Triangle UFO.
Hang in there. The UK has a very bright future.

P.S. I think Great Britian is still GREAT!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Eurisko...The only acceptable brightness in my nations future will be one in which there are no secrets kept from the populous. No matter what happens, we will be under a shadow till then.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't think a damn thing is gonna happen about this. North Korea has every right to launch a missile if they want to (if it's a test). Other than that, North Korea isn't much of a threat to anybody. They're broke, they're backward... they're just a distraction from the real issues, like the fact that America is being totally overrun by fascists.

C'mon people! Does anybody really believe N. Korea is stupid enough to start a war with anybody, let alone the USA or even Japan for that matter?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I thought Kim died last summer. I think this is the new powers in place trying to make a push for more power in N Korea and surrounding areas.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Sorry Saabster, but I believe you will find that he was rumoured to be in ill health since about then, but hes still kickin... unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Eurisko...The only acceptable brightness in my nations future will be one in which there are no secrets kept from the populous. No matter what happens, we will be under a shadow till then.

Disclosure will be December 21, 2012.
We will be very busy 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Both our nations will have very advanced technology that will
cause the economy to BOOM like never before.
Imagine a HUGE orbiting space station with artifical gravity.
We will be traveling to and mining the asteroid belt which is
just past Mars.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

We still haven't actually sesn him though have we? it was a stroke,numerous things could have happened and his Generals are saving face.Or atleast i dont think we have seen him since his stroke..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
1. This Missile is supposedly long range and yet looking at the map barely makes it past Japan? I think us Europeans and you Americans can sleep safely on the day in question.

2. The N.Koreans are claiming the Missile is to launch a Satellite into Space, if thats the case then why's it crashing in the Sea off Japan? (Back to the drawing board on that one methinks.)

3. They have all that Bloody Ocean to fire it over, and they choose to fire it right over Japan, The Japanese have been Nuked twice before, I dont think there going to fall for it a Third time.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Im afraid that when this missile nonsense hit the bbc a while back there was some footage from this year played as backdrop to the pontificating old farts they interviewed on the subject, wittering on about posturing and so forth.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I looked at this thread for a little while, soon surmised in my mind that their is absolutely nothing more to this than just another NK attempt to push it's luck to rouse that seemingly ever increasing fanatic culture they apparently have.

So, I went away and then perhaps it was only a matter of time until I stumbled across a main stream media source stating that the nation in question is also planning to reactivate a nuclear facility. The nuclear facility also, of course, is deemed a threat, at least that is the vein in which the article is written.

Well, now 'they' have ample reasoning laid forth before the sheeple's eyes to give reasoning for condoning a war on another extremely threatening (note extreme sarcasm) nation at very convenient time. With this convenient fear mongering by the main stream media it certainly raises my attention to all issues related to North Korea, I'll be watching this space space closely.

Satellite view of N Korea nuclear site

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6908123.stm[/url]

North Korea is planning to reactivate the Yongbyon nuclear plant which had its reactor shut down in early July 2007 under a landmark international deal.

The UN's atomic watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says it has removed seals and surveillance cameras from the country's main nuclear complex at Pyongyang's request.

North Korea says it plans to return nuclear material to the site.

The closure of Yongbyon had been seen as a major breakthrough after years of tricky negotiations over North Korea's nuclear programme.

The above linked article also satellite pictures of the site the North Koreans suggest they wish to re-activate, at least apparently according to the article they plan to reactivate. No North-Koreans quoted.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

3. They have all that Bloody Ocean to fire it over, and they choose to fire it right over Japan,

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not like they have much choice, Japan is kind of in the way of the Pacific Ocean.

I've noticed a lot of military activity up here over the last week: lots of equipment being shuttled around, and a lot more JSDF vehicles on the road. The real worry that people have is of a failure in the test - like a stage coming down over land, or the whole thing crashing into downtown Sapporo.

From what I've been hearing, the plan is to target it and track it from the launch, and fire on it if it's below a certain altitude.

( The last one - Taepodong-1 in 1998 - flew over northern Honshu. The first stage landed about 30km offshore, the second stage pretty far out to sea. Interestingly, the thing flew pretty much directly over the US base at Misawa. )

[edit on 25-3-2009 by vox2442]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i think japan will take this thing out. im sure the US and japan have discussed exactly what to do on the day.

japan will take it down, N.korea will attack S.korea and we shall have some good news for a long time.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

And what exactly is the good news gonna be? That another war broke out to entertain you while you eat Twinkies on the couch all day long? You do realize that innocent people die when wars happen, don't you?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Perhaps just rhetoric, but if they do North Korea have promised "We will retaliate any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counter-strikes by the most powerful military means," it said.

"Shooting our satellite for peaceful purposes will precisely mean a war."
Comments taken from here.

I can't help but agree with North Korea, what right does anybody have to stop them. Even though I cannot deny it may be deemed as threatening in the future, we (the west) or Japan cannot prove that it is indeed against any law, or worthy of a declaration of war.

If any nation tried stopping Britain or the United States launching a missile, for many reasons but primarily pride we would go ahead and launch anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
im sure im not the only person on this site who enjoys tuning in to Fox news to watch some bunker buster bomb hitting its target.

im not saying i like innocent people dying and that , that is enjoyable, however if war is waged for good and fair reason then it is quite enjoyable to see the baddies getting taken out, yes

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
They have every right to test a rocket or sattalite etc, if the us & japan dont shoot it down which is a blatant act of war then no worries.

Actually they do not have the right to shoot whatever they want up over allied nations. An active state to war still exists between the US and North Korea, launching a piece of artillery (which is what a rocket is) over an allied nation is the same as if they started shooting at troops in the DMZ. If they fire that thing, then they have broken the cease-fire, and the US and her allies have every right to shoot back

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
im sure im not the only person on this site who enjoys tuning in to Fox news to watch some bunker buster bomb hitting its target.

im not saying i like innocent people dying and that , that is enjoyable, however if war is waged for good and fair reason then it is quite enjoyable to see the baddies getting taken out, yes

You know, in Canada we have the privilege of meeting people from all over the world, and so far I've never met a New Zealander I didn't like. So I'm gonna take it easy on ya. But bro.... you've got a lot of reading and research to do.

Who exactly do you think are the "baddies"? The baddies are the aggressors... the people who start and fund wars for their own greedy purposes. And those people are the bastards who call themselves the Illuminati (they think they're enlightened... they're not). And the Illuminati use the US military as their war machine of choice.

I used to hate America and Americans because of this... until I saw the light. Yes, now I am one of the true Illuminati. Alex Jones enlightened me. So now I no longer hate Americans. I was wrong. In fact, I have a new found compassion for them, a certain amount of respect for them and a growing feeling of brotherhood with them. But admiration? Not yet... I'm saving that for the day they take their country back from these black monsters who are the true "baddies".

But yes, I agree with you that it's truly impressive to watch a bomb hit its target with such fine accuracy. But 99% of the time, the people being hit aren't the baddies.

Try this link below for some real enlightenment.

www.infowars.com...

You too can become a member of the true Illuminati, as so many posters on this site are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join