It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Pyramid in bahamas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Below is an excerpt of an article on the undersea pyramid found near Andros, bahamas / bimini. There are some Google earth type links to some more recent 'tracks' or 'roads?' in this very area.

What I can't seem to find is any pictures, scans or otherwise, on the actual pyramid, supposed to be some 300 feet higher than the cheops pyramid.

SO does anybody have any pointers in the right direction?

Pyramid Found Under The Sea - SOURCE: Janet Ann Spencer extracts from "The Planetary Connections", British Edition, distributed by Roger Brown of "Fountain Adelaide", Issue No. 6, Winter 1994/5

"Newsweek reports the discovery of a pyramid under the Bermuda Triangle. "And not, just any pyramid, sonar tracing has mapped the pyramid's outline, and shows it rising to a height of some 780 feet from the otherwise flat ocean floor 1,200 feet below the surface of the Atlantic.

The discovery was made and then confirmed by Captain Don Henry, who discovered the puzzling phenomenon while making sonar tracings of the sea floor in an area of the Atlantic between South Bimini Island and the north end of the Cay Sal Bank. He was staggered when he realized that this undersea pyramid was some three hundred feet higher than the Cheops Pyramid, with a base of a thousand feet square."

see:
ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

Also, more recent google earth images of features in the area:

Yucatan Peninsula Linear Features - satellitediscoveries.typepad.com...

www.googleearthanomalies.com...

bbs.keyhole.com... 604

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Mar 26 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You can't find any pics or supporting stories because the thing is a hoax.

No such pyramid was ever found by anyone.

Posters at the blog you linked pointed this out.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you think for a minute that 1 reply on a blog from a "former AUTEC employee" will sway my opinion, then you are posting on the wrong forum friend.

And since when is an allegation or story a hoax? Shouldn't there be a physically visible object of concern involved (e.g. a picture or a model or a strip of fabric) to be labelled a hoax?

It may be that the story is BS, but:
1. some strange things happen in bermuda area
2. an undersea "area 51" is intriguing to me at least.
By now the military/govnt/black ops etc. have a poor record of NOT playing with new toys and hardware, and also keeping things from joe public (who 'happily' pays for all this sh**) which would account for the 'absence of evidence'!
3. considering other remains and monuments, found undersea & incl. in the Yucatan area, it is also conceivable a pyramid could exist - doesn't have to mimic those in Egypt in terms of construction method
4.there are others above ground found all around the globe, inc China, Middle-eastern europe/bosnia, south america.

The jury is still out in my opinion

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Howdy Matsplat

If you think for a minute that 1 reply on a blog from a "former AUTEC employee" will sway my opinion, then you are posting on the wrong forum friend.

Hans: So what evidence would you like to provide that proves the existence of this 'pyramid, its been 19 years - where is the confirmation, where is the evidence?

And since when is an allegation or story a hoax?

Hans: One definition of hoax is of "an act intended to deceive or trick", it would appear that report was one of a galaxy of self-serving reports that never are verified. It would appear to be a hoax report.

It may be that the story is BS, but:

Hans: The lack of evidence supporting it would tend one to think that.

1. some strange things happen in bermuda area

Hans: Nothing beyond normal happening in Bermuda at all, the 'triangle' is an invention of Berlitz and other writers - they made it up to sell books.

2. an undersea "area 51" is intriguing to me at least.

Hans: I'm sure the guys who made up this stuff would be proud to know they fooled you. However in the real world nothing has come out of this area that would support that idea.

3. considering other remains and monuments, found undersea & incl. in the Yucatan area, it is also conceivable a pyramid could exist - doesn't have to mimic those in Egypt in terms of construction method

Hans: Yes it is possible but wouldn't it be better to actually find evidence of a pyramid first before declaring its been found?

4.there are others above ground found all around the globe, inc China, Middle-eastern europe/bosnia, south america.

Hans: The existence of real pyramids in many places (but not in Bosnia) doesn't mean there is one on the sea bed off the Bahamas. If there is no one seems to be able to find it. More importantly there is zero evidence of a culture in that area that could have built it.

The jury is still out in my opinion

Hans: If you mean the jury on this pyramid, then you could say the jury met, found no evidence and went home. If you mean a jury sitting to evaluate unfound evidence, then yes they are still out - waiting for evidence.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

how do you know it was a hoax? have you scuba dived under the ocean to check it out for yourself? Cuz thats the only sort of evidence im interested in. Why are you appalled? whats so appalling about another pyramid on planet earth - theres plenty here already. one more would hardly make any difference really.

on another note; ... i was wondering if bermuda triangle might be the site of a little wormhole - as in the sort of orange hole in the sky talked about in :hunt for the skinwalker (mentioned in native american indian stories too - as entry to other dimensions).

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

im sorry but i think you're living in *la la land* mate.

If you think that your government tells you everything you need to know and you can rely on people in authority to be totally honest with you, then i believe this state of being is called 'delusional', as last time i looked, most people in positions of power were complete scumbags.

'where's the evidence"? where's the evidence there's NOT a pyramid in the ocean? to really know you'd have to dive down and look. none of us has, so we dont know if there's one there or not. and therefore, YOU dont know if its a hoax or not; and yet, you seem so certain.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by Hanslune

'where's the evidence"? where's the evidence there's NOT a pyramid in the ocean? to really know you'd have to dive down and look. none of us has, so we dont know if there's one there or not. and therefore, YOU dont know if its a hoax or not; and yet, you seem so certain.

It's not up to us to provide evidence for or against your claims. If you want to make credible posts, provide credible evidence. Rumors and hearsay don't qualify as evidence, they're the things that evidence must support or it's another tick in the "fail column".

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
O.k. this is going to sound nuts, but If I remember correctly it is true. Back in the mid '80's I watched a television program like "In Search Of" announcing the discovery of an under water pyramid discovered in the Bahamas. It actually showed footage of the divers entering the pyramid. There was an alter with two hands holding a crystal sphere about the size of a baseball. There was a long rod from the ceiling of the pyramid down to the crystal sphere securing it in the grasp of the hands. If I recall correctly the show showed footage of the divers trying to pry the thing loose. There was no logical reason why the sphere could not be removed easily. Yet they had a time of it trying to do so as the sphere would not allow anything near it, almost like a magnet repelling any object. Somehow they recovered the sphere and showed footage of a scientist throwing objects at the spear in a lab which would repel them. The show went on to say that the scientist has the sphere locked up in his private collection and will not allow it to be viewed ever again and the footage featured in the show was quite old. I think maybe they might have said the he had also vanished w/o a trace.

I have looked up just about every thing that interests me on the Internet and have tried and tried to find something on this to no avail. about 8 years ago I posted on a message board asking for help. Someone actually replied to a link to a small article verifying most of the information above. It's been years so what I am relating might be slightly incorrect. Many computers later I have thus lost the book mark....

~Hyp

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
typical. i hate it when i dont get the full story. is it possible to get a copy of the documentary? (was it a documentary?)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

boring.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
An' the coincidences just keep on coming.

Ever heard of AUTEC (Atlantic Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre)? It's basically the Area 51 of the Navy, guess where it's based? Andros island. The minute I discovered this (On the Cuban Atlantis thread I think) I wondered if anything had been found near Andros and when was AUTEC founded.

There have been discoveries around Andros, one being an apparent harbour another where some 'roads' similar to Bimini, although these aren't astounding, I found them a tad coincidental.

One argument against this is AUTEC was founded in 1959, long before any reported finds (I think the earliest was late 60's early 70's).

I saw a story a while ago on one of them 'Mystery of the Bermuda triangle' shows about a crew aboard a ship seeing the apex of a pyramid pertrude out of the water, it was there for a couple of minutes before it sank back under the waves.

Now personally, I took this with a pinch of salt, because mainly, I could think of no natural event that could account for the fact that it seemed to move up and down, good story, always a possibilty, slim probability. Then, a couple of months later, i read about swells in the crust that could quite literally raise the ocean floor dramatically.

I'm going to root for the links to this information.

EMM

Links:

AUTEC Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

AUTEC homepage:
(forgot to mention, one of the missions of AUTEC is to map the ocean floor around this site)
www.npt.nuwc.navy.mil...

I'll look for more links later, got to go out now, but here's a link for some discoveries.

Discoveries in and around Andros and the Bahamas:
www.atlantisquest.com...

EMM

Edit to add: May I point out that Area 51 was denied for nearly three decades before they finally admitted it 'existed', I don't see why You Hans can't accept that this could be a test site. I've read an account of a guy who stayed there during his training and he said he never saw anything suspicious, it just looked like a test centre. Well, my thought to that was...it's underwater?

I've read of countless underwater facilities, I don't see why this couldn't be one, the site on top will avoid people asking questions or to 'fool' people into thinking that it's just what it says on the tin. It would be a bit suspicious if the navy owned a portion of the island with nothing on wouldn't it?

Edit again:

The Andros Barrier Reef, the third largest in the world and the second largest and most unexplored in the western hemisphere, stretches 140 miles along the east coast of the island and rims the Tongue of the Ocean, with its 6,000-foot drop-off. Additionally Andros abounds in Blue Holes (underwater cave systems)--which have been the scene of some of the deepest underwater cave explorations in the world.

Looks like it would be very easy to hide something down there, or keep something hidden?

www.smallhope.com...

Edited to fix a silly mistake by me.

Edit to add link.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
However, once speculation concerning Atlantis entered the picture, professionals begin to back away (and the way they were treated by their own colleagues, who could blame them).

Which is one reason never to jump the gun and cry Atlantis

The underwater "ruins" has always been interesting (even if natural), but without anything of substance it doesnt really mean anything. Have they found ANYTHING other than stone slabs which are questionable whether its nature or man-made? Artifacts? Statues? Etc?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by merka]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

i just dont understand why people dont take atlantis seriously. professionals are happy to believe plato when it suits them and take him word for word, but as soon as he says something that blows their little minds, like a missing continent (altho why this blows their minds i really cant conceive), they decide he's been smoking pot.

i just dont understand...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

They do. There are people called Atlantologists. I'd look at Ignatius Donnelly, and W. Scott Elliot if you're interested in that. The Plato stuff kind of made me think it was more a fictitious application of The Republic than anything else. But Donnelly is worth looking into.

But it doesn't help that all these guys were metaphysicists and were in close contact with psychics and the whole thing with Cayce. Maybe that's why it's not taken seriously. But lots of Elliot's friends were geologists and zoologists.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by rapunzel222
typical. i hate it when i dont get the full story. is it possible to get a copy of the documentary? (was it a documentary?)

I found it! O.k. a few of my details were incorrect, here ya go!

Another unusual crystal find bears directly upon the use of crystals as the generator of a universal form of power. In 1970, Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner from Mesa, Arizona, was scuba diving with friends near the Bari islands, Bahamas, in an area 20 miles from the edge of a submarine drop-off called the Tongue of the Ocean. During the dive, Brown became separated from his companions, and in trying to rejoin them, suddenly saw a strange pyramid shape looming up against the aquamarine light. The pyramid was situated 22 fathoms down, stood 120 feet high, with only 90 feet projecting out of the sea floor shifting sands. Brown was at first struck by how smooth and mirror-like the stone surface of the structure was, with the joints between the individual blocks almost indiscernible.
Swimming about the capstone, which the Arizona diver thought looked like lapis lazuli, he discovered an entranceway and decided to explore further. Passing along a narrow hallway, Brown finally came to a small rectangular room with a pyramid-shaped ceiling. What was amazing was that the room contained no algae or coral growing on the inner walls. They were completely spotless.
In addition, though Brown had brought no flashlight, he could nevertheless see everything in the room perfectly. It was very bright and well lit, but no direct light source was visible. Brown's attention was drawn to a brassy metallic rod 3 inches in diameter hanging down from the apex of the center, and at its end was attached a many-faceted red gem, which came to a point. Directly below the rod and gem, sitting in the middle of the room was a stand of carved stone topped by a stone plate with scrolled ends.
On the plate rested a pair of carved metal bronze-colored hands, life-sized, which appeared blackened and burnt, as if having been subjected to tremendous heat. Nestled in the hands, and situated 4 feet directly below the ceiling rod gem point, was a crystal sphere 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
Brown first attempted to pry loose the ceiling rod and red gemstone, but neither would budge. Turning back to the crystal sphere he found it easily separated from the bronze hand holders, and left the pyramid with it. As he departed, Brown felt a presence, and heard a voice from somewhere telling him never to return.
Fearing that his unusual prize might be confiscated as salvage-treasure by the U.S. government, Dr. Brown did not disclose the existence of the strange crystal or his experiences until 1975, when he exhibited the crystal for the first time. He displayed the crystal only a half dozen times, but each time witnesses have seen or have been sensitive to strange phenomena directly associated with it.

Dr. Ray Brown

Dr. Ray Brown's Crystal Pyramid

In Search Of the Bimini Road pt 3

~Hyp

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

You are a complete absurdity.

Where is the evidence that faieries and unicorns aren't selling hotdogs from a secret booth on Coney Island?

Dude claims to have found a pyramid (this particular one, he claims, held a gigantic crystal that was part of some ancient technology and he took it.)

Where's the pyramid, dude?

Dude is apparently not even a real person.

Where's the crystal, dude?

Dude has no crystal because neither he nor the crystal actually exist, apparently.

And you ask where our proof that the pyramid doen't exist is?

This is why I am appalled.

Harte

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Harte, you are the only absurdity on this forum. altho there are a few others.

if you dont consider many things to be possible, including unicorns or fairies, then you may be surprised one day when the human races advances enough for interspace travel, and actually finds another world with strange creatures on it. Whos to say whether they could look like fairies or unicorns? No, its not out of the question.

neither is a pyramid at the bottom of the ocean.

all it is is out of the realm of your ability to conceive of. therefore you assume its impossible. if everyone thought that way, nothing would ever be invented. what will you do when they start figuring out how to build wormholes and do interdimensional travel?

theyve already gone to the moon (said to be impossible); cloned an animal (said to be impossible). many people who cant conceive of things would probably also have said that a pyramid in egypt was impossible, if there wasnt one standing there already.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
and there are a lot of quantum physicists out there who would be happy to explain to you that quantum physics is all about ANYTHING being possible.
i think the universe is weirder than you think it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
we could probably genetically modify a horse to get a unicorn w/o too much difficulty if we really wanted to, already.

as it happens, im not very convinced by that video in particular; and im not even saying i believe it; im just saying its possible, becuz i dont know - i havent been there.

i do believe plato that atlantis did exist, altho i would have thought it would have been where he said -somewhere in the middle of the atlantic.

Why do you come to these sites if you think everything is ridiculous?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Quiet possible, Bill Homann did say he found the crystal skull while diving in a pyramid off a undisclose location off of Cuba. U can find his interviewl on projectcamelot.org.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join