It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Quotes from Presidents, Astronauts, Senior Military and more.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here are just a few of the many ufo quotes that justify something is out there.

"Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."

Astronaut Cady Coleman
NASA Transmission - Shuttle Mission STS-73

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

NASA Astronaut Scott Carpenter
Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph.

"I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, "Have you ever seen anything like that?" He was shocked and he said, "Nope."

Former US President Ronald Reagan
Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.

"We had a job to do, whether right or wrong, to keep the public from getting excited."

Dr J Allen Hynek
Director of the US Air Force top secret project Blue Book.

"The phenomenon of UFOs is real. I know that there are scientific organisations which study the problem. It must be treated seriously."

Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev

"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any 'scientific' explanation."

Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding
Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII.

"And don't tell me they were reflections, I know they were solid objects."

Lieutenant D. A Swimley
US Air Force, commenting on a sighting of eight disc shaped objects he and several fellow officers watched circling over Hamilton Air Force Base, California, on August 3, 1953.

"We lost between 16-18 ICBMs (nuclear tipped Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles) at the same time UFOs were in the area. (A high ranking Air Force officer) said, Stop the investigation; do no more on this and do not write a final report."

"I heard that many of the guards that reported the incident were sent off to Vietnam."

Captain Robert Salas
US Air Force, during a videotaped interview for the Disclosure program.

"It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colours, and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was."

Former President of the United States, Jimmy Carter following his sighting along with many others of a UFO at Leary, Georgia in October 1969.

These are high ranking people here, not just some guy.
Hope you enjoyed reading them!

Link

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Astronaut Cady Coleman

Is there a source or recording of this particular quote anywhere? I can't seem to find one.

Better yet, are there any good sources or proof of origin for most of these? Most of them sound pretty dubitable.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
These are some pretty implicating quotes. I hadn't seen or heard of many of these until this post. I definately agree that something is out there, but it'd sure be nice to be able to hear these in their original audio format.

If these are real and available to the public, just imagine how many things have been said "off the record" by high ranked officials and during top level government discussions. Pretty astonishing, really.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalResponse

Astronaut Cady Coleman

Is there a source or recording of this particular quote anywhere? I can't seem to find one.

Better yet, are there any good sources or proof of origin for most of these? Most of them sound pretty dubitable.

I just googled

and I got 3 pages of info.

Then theres this, which is supposed to be the footage of the quote.

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

Then there is this

We are sorry but this site is not available anymore.

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation2

anyone spotting a pattern

For those who have never seen this video, you may find it interesting

Heres another intersting quote to add to the mix

"Let there be no doubt. Alien technology harvested from the infamous saucer crash in Roswell, N.Mex., in July 1947 led directly to the development of the integrated circuit chip, laser and fiber optic technologies, Particle beams, Electromagnetic propulsion systems, Depleted uranium projectiles, Stealth capabilities, and many others! How do I know? I was in charge! (A matter of public record)I think the kids on this planet are wise to the truth, and I think we ought to give it to them. I think they deserve it."

Colonel Philip Corso
Army Intelligence officer
Former head of the Foreign Technology at the U.S. Army's Research and Development department at the Pentagon.
Four years director of intelligence on President Eisenhower's White House National Security Staff

and another

"We have contact with alien cultures."
--Astronaut Dr. Brian O'leary

Links to more quotes

[edit on 25-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There are already several relatively long threads on ATS about collecting, and looking into, quite a few alleged quotations about UFOs.

The more interesting example of such threads include:

Esoteric Teacher’s thread “The most Credible Quotes concerning UFOs. Astronauts, World Leaders, Scientists ...” and

karl12’s thread “Amazing UFO quotes !”

I'd repeat here the basic point that I have made previously : Without any source being stated, the alleged "quotations" are unlikely to be taken seriously.

It is common to fail to give sources for most of the purported quotations that float around on the Internet relating to UFOs. Since many of the purported quotations prove to be inaccurate (or taken out of context) when they are looked into in detail, it's not surprising that most purported quotations are simply ignored.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking into some of the relevant quotations, trying to trace them back to their source. It's quite easy to spend a few days looking into a single purported quotation before finding out whether it is accurate or not, and the context within which the remark was made.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 25-3-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I think this is were he got all of his information from.

www.squidoo.com...

He actually has it at the bottom...

I didnt notice that. Sorry OP!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
I think this is were he got all of his information from.

www.squidoo.com...

Thanks - I saw that link in the OP. But that webpage does not indicate where the purported quotations came from.

Some inaccurate (or wholly imaginary) quotations have been circulating on the Internet for years - the problem is tracing them back to their original source.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I don't know what your getting at Ive got a link at the bottom of the page.
I know for a fact most of the president believe ufos are real.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well what your asking for seems a little hard to achieve at the moment, considering all the information gathered is mostly of a site, which in return probably got theirs from another site and so on and so forth. Its hard to pin point the original source for anything these days.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Cool beans!!! This is am amazing collection of Quotes!!! Thanks for posting this. There are so many people who have seen anomalous things in the sky, (including myself) that it is hard to refute that something is going on and will continue to go on in our skies. May humanity always look to the stars! Starred and flagged.

P.S. Great avatar and screen name by the way...hilarious.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
nice collection of quotes

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

yea, it's funny how some info tends to disappear. thats why when I find an interesting web page, I save it in .mht format and save a video with the realplayer download plugin.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This OP reminds me of the following -

Fermi Paradox

The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations and the lack of evidence for, or contact with, such civilizations.

The extreme age of the universe and its vast number of stars suggest that if the Earth is typical, extraterrestrial life should be common. In an informal discussion in 1950, the physicist Enrico Fermi questioned why, if a multitude of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations exist in the Milky Way galaxy, evidence such as spacecraft or probes are not seen. A more detailed examination of the implications of the topic began with a paper by Michael H. Hart in 1975, and it is sometimes referred to as the Fermi-Hart paradox. Another closely related question is the Great Silence—even if travel is hard, if life is common, why don't we detect their radio transmissions?

There have been attempts to resolve the Fermi Paradox by locating evidence of extraterrestrial civilizations, along with proposals that such life could exist without human knowledge. Counterarguments suggest that intelligent extraterrestrial life does not exist or occurs so rarely that humans will never make contact with it

Source : Wikipedia

My take on the situation, in view of what Fermi had to say, is that they probably aren't telling us everything.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Starred and flagged - not enough of these type of quotes in one place - would be good to see further stories and what MSM reported on quotes.

I means former PRESIDENTS as well.... it defies belief that this subject gets mocked as otfen as it does.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They exist and i believed in them since day 1 and people who dont will pay in some way trust me. Proof is there why do we still say do they exist its so annoying, believe or keep watching tv

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Good post-

Isaacs right about the questionable heritage of some of the UFO quotes out there in the public domain but there are quotes that have been authenticated.
Here are a few of the 'less dubious' ones which have been reported by credible sources:

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously".
Mikhail Gorbachev,
Premiere of the Soviet Union.
Interview as reported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

"There are many reasons to beleive that they(UFOs)do exist:there is so much evidence from reliable witnessess".
Prince Philip,
Duke of Edinburgh,
London sunday Dispatch,March 28th,1954.

"For the government to continue to maintain that UFOs are non-existent in the face of the documents already released and of other cogent evidence presented in this book is puerile and ,in a sense, an insult to the American people".
Dr J Allen Hyneck,Phd,
Former scientist with Project Bluebook.

"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers.We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them".
General Benjamin Chidlaw,
Air Defense Command.

"The number of thoughtful,intelligent,educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day.We can say catergoricaly that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us".
General Lionel M Chassin,
French Air Forces,
Air Defense Coodinator of the allied forces of NATO.

"UFO sightings are now so common,the military doesn't have time to worry about them....When a UFO appears,they simply ignore it.Unconventional targets are ignored because apparently we are only interested in the Russian targets,possible enemy targets.Something that hovers in the air ,then shoots off at 5000 miles per hour doesn't interest us because it can't be the enemy.
UFOs are picked up by ground and air radar and they have been photographed by gun camera all along.There are so many UFOs in the sky that the airforce has had to employ special radar networks to screen them out".
Lee Katchen,
NASA atmospheric physicist,June 7th,1968.

"Reliable reports indicate there are objects coming into our atmosphere at very high speeds and controlled by thinking intelligences".
Admiral Delamer S Fahmey.
Former Head US Navy, Guided Missile Programme.

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."
Professor Stephen Hawking

"It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects."
Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960.

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the La case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."
J Edgar Hoover

"In my official status, I cannot comment on ET contact. However, personally, I can assure you, we are not alone!
Charles J. Camarda (Ph.D.) NASA Astronaut

More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation... I am convinced that these objects do exist and that they are not manufactured by any nation on Earth." "I can therefore see no alternative to accepting the theory that they come from some extraterrestrial source.
Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Air Force Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain, printed in Sunday Dispatch, London, July 11, 1954.

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. Another words we are being watched by beings from outer space."
Albert M. Chop, deputy public relations director, National Aeronautics and Space Administration,(NASA) and former United States Air Force spokesman for Project Blue Book.

"It is my thesis that flying saucers are real and that they are space ships from another solar system.There is no doubt in my mind that these objects are interplanetary craft of some sort. I and my colleagues are confident that they do not originate in our solar system."
Dr. Herman Oberth (The father of modern rockerty)

"I am completely convinced that UFOs have an out-of-world basis."
Dr. Walther Riedel (Once chief designer and research director at the German rocket center in Peenemunde)

"The possibility of reduced-time interstellar travel either by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations at present or ourselves in the future, is not fundamentally constrained by physical principles."
Dr. Harold Puthoff (Director, Institute for advanced studies at Austin, Author of fundamentals of Quantum Electronics)

The least improbable explanation is that these things are artificial and controlled ... My opinion for some time has been that they have an extraterrestrial origin."
Dr. Maurice Biot (leading aerodynamicists and mathematical physicist)

I feel that the Air Force has not been giving out all the available information on the Unidentified Flying Objects. You cannot disregard so many unimpeachable sources."
John W. McCormack, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States. January (1965)

"I certainly believe in aliens in space, and that they are indeed visiting our planet. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities."
Senator Barry Goldwater (1965)
(Retired Air Force Brigadier General and pilot with many decades of flying experience)

"I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment on this subject"
President Gerald Ford (1966)

"I don't laugh at people any more when they say they've seen UFOs. I've seen one myself!"
President Jimmy Carter (1976)

"I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."
President Ronald Reagan (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)

"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high."
As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk.
About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me -- and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared."
Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut, 1951

"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitude and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles."
Dr .H Marshall Chadwell, former assistant director of the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, in a December, 1952 memo to then-director of the CIA, General Walter B. Smith.

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."
Admiral Hillenkoetter-the first Director of the CIA, 1947-50.
February 27, 1960.

"Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs".
Allen Dulles CIA Director, 1955.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

"Much evidence tells us UFOs have been tracked by radar; so, UFOs are real and they may come from outer space....photographs and various materials show scientifically that there are more advanced people piloting the saucers and motherships."
General Kanshi Ishikawa,Commander Chief of Air Staff of Japan's Air Self-Defense Force,1967.

"UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head. . . . I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something".
Paul Hellyer, Canada?s Defence Minister from 1963-67, September 25, 2005.

"The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force or effect known to our scientists seems to me to be overwhelming... A very large number of sightings have been vouched for by persons whose credentials seem to me unimpeachable. It is striking that so many have been trained observers, such as police officers and airline or military pilots. Their observations have in many instances... been supported either by technical means such as radar or, even more convincingly, by... interference with electrical apparatus of one sort or another..."
Lord Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.?
"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.?
"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security."
CIA Official Victor Marchetti from his book "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon", May 1979.

Letter to the Commander of the Army Air Forces on the subject of "Flying Discs" dated September 23, 1947 from Commander of the Air Materiel Command, Lieutenant General Nathan Twining:

"a ) The phenomenon reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.
b ) There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.
c ) The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically or remotely."

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Holy bejesus! 16-18 ICBM's missing? I wonder what 'they' want with those ICBM"S... wow

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If any of you have DTV,on the Science channel tonight at 11 PM. Is a show called UFO hunters and will tell you all about the secret underground alien bases in New Mexico. (pacific time).

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets."
– General Douglas MacArthur- Oct. 8, 1955

If there is any question upon MacArthur's integrity, please read his profile. He was the Allied commander in the Philippines during WWII.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by tyranny22]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join