It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a REAL Genie???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I'm pretty sure whoever falls for this must be about 10 years old with no friends

*Runs out of room crying yelling MARA*

gotta love sarcasm o_O

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It is an interesting find but to be honest, I think almost any word can be a word of power if you truly believe it. Its the mind that makes it so IMO. Never underestimate the power of faith and the mind.

It kind of reminds me of how people who constantly say and believe that they are accident prone, will always find a way to hurt themselves, trip over things etc. most likely because they have conditioned themselves subconsiously to be that way over a period of time.

As for a power word, pick one you like and tell yourself over and over again that it is a power word that will bring good things and repeat it over and over again and you'll probably get the same results as presented in that ad the guy found over time.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The guy in the photo on the site looks like Elton John on Stem Cells.

I'm going to say it in my head all sodding day, will be posting my results.

Who cares if its stoopid or not, enjoy it and experiment.

It doesn't look like he's charging any money apart from donations, so I reckon he's sincere. Is he right or not? that's another story.

I guess I've had some weird and wonderful things happen to me in my life, so I'm not as cynical as yr average Joe.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I thought id give this a try.

I stood up, jumped, landed in an aggressive stance while shouting "MMMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAA" in a loud scottish accent.

Ripped the backside of my jeans, my cat got so much of a fright he scratched me right in the ass and took the curtains downstairs along with him!!

Ill have to try it naked later on without the cat and curtains.

Im still trying to figure out an excuse for the scratch to explain to my partner later when she comes in from work

On a serious note, im not buying this, if there were a secret word or whatever it is not going to be on the internet.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey, that made me laugh. Is that true or did you just make it up????

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey, that made me laugh. Is that true or did you just make it up????

I just made it up to give people a laugh, I tend to see humor in a lot of things these days.

Glad I might have cheered someone up.

I put my serious comment at the bottom.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

What do you mean the secret word would not be on the internet? It's not.

It was in a book that the guy bought which is NO longer published ANYWHERE. In it he found out what the word was, and so he posted it online.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The man on the site in the OP is named Greg. The first thing I thought was "That's Dwight Schrute in cop sunglasses".

So has anybody actually tried it, or are we going to continue the stories about voiding, cat attacks, and furniture?

Here's my ficitonal account:

I chanted the Word, at the appropriate pitch (I think- I used my daughter's musical centipede to figure out which tone was "A"...Hehe).
After about three cycles of the Word, my dingo jumped off her perch on the couch and indicated she wanted to go out. After grabbing my coat, I went out the front with her. She bolted out the door, and around the side of the house as if after an animal (there's reason for concern... A large groundhog hole system resides in some underbrush beneath a walnut tree around back). A dingo confronting a large PA groundhog is almost funny, until you consider the host of potential disease and parasites a groundhog wound can cause. Nevermind the awesome killing prowess of Canis Lupis Dingo, this conflict is to be avoided this morning...

As I round the corner, I see what the dingo was after... a little #zu not more than 10 lbs is leashed to a very nice looking young neighbor.

In other words, after I rescued the ankle biter from the jaws of the dingo, I got to talk to the new neighbor, who happens to be a hottie.

The chant works.

[edit on 25/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's a variation of the old "chain letters" that would tell you to recite a prayer and send a letter to six people (or seven) and if you did and believed, you would have luck. If you didn't, horrible things would happen to you.

I used to collect them just for the fun of it. My college classmates often were very troubled if they got one, so I would tell them to give/send it to me and I'd take care of it.

I had a collection of 20 or so at one time, which got thrown out in a move later on. Nothing dire has happened to me as a result.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

LMFAO that made my afternoon

on a serious note i just tried this in various accents and nothing happened until as a thought i tried it in a Israeli accent as best as i could and guess what..

got you there you think i was gonna say nothing but i'm gonna say something...

I've got a sudden urge to go to Jerusalem
also i'm checking all of jerusalem out and my mind has focused on a certain part of the city a very obscure part..near enough unpopulated..hopefully i can go to Jerusalem soon and wonder why i am reacting that way. The way it is in the Holy Land nowadays...it's a bit of a 50/50 choice.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i said it the minute i saw it. guess what happend? nothing! being scottish its a very similar word to which we often use, so trust me it does nothing, its a word for Gods sake, what do you think would happen?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by XXXN3O

What do you mean the secret word would not be on the internet? It's not.

It was in a book that the guy bought which is NO longer published ANYWHERE. In it he found out what the word was, and so he posted it online.

Kinda strange statement there?

It was not on the internet

The guy read the book

He posted it on the internet

It is on the internet now or wait a minute is it or is it not?
Does this thread exist on the inernet with this word or..... damn im gonna have a nosebleed now....

"MMMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I just cannot say it anymore without bursting into laughter.

This thread has been one of the funniest in a while

I still stand by my comment that if there is a secret word it would not be on the internet

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I said it, and for $29.95, I will tell you what happened.

Just send payment to:

I. M. Gullable
1313 Mockingbird lane
anytown, USA

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
haha I once had a dog named mara. I've said that word countless times.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just tried it,cos lets face it we all have after reading it,expecting nothing to happen and being my normal cynical self and I had a proper warm rush(as in tingly feeling up my back,neck and head)....i used to pay a lot of money for that warm rush feeling when i was a 'RAVER' but now I know what to do instead,chant 'mara'.I might market it myself,people buy anything as this thread proves...seriously though it was kinda weird,as soon as I stopped chanting the feeling went away,but i definetly felt something!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Dear god dude, you actually bought a magick word, from Finbarr International, is there something missing in your swede. Did you not check out Finabarr ?

They sell little magick pixies and mega prayers for the price of toaster, needless to say you believed all the testimonials that you requested.

Just to cheer you up so you don't feel like the only twat in town, I once paid absolute thousands for a magic word

Yes indeed my friend there really is a word that can bring untold riches for some but misery and poverty for others.

In my opinion this has to be one of the most powerful and destructive words known to man.

When I first heard this word from my wife, i did not at the time realize the implications of it's use and the dire consequences of being so ignorant of the magic involved in this word.

Unfortunately my irresponsibility in using this word care free brought me great poverty and the (to this day) ceaseless wrath of a demon.

I will now share this word with you so you may avoid the terror that it can bring. learn to know this word well my friend make it your bosom buddy so that you may avoid the horror that it can bring.

Above all, never never use this word at home !

Ready for the word ?

Here goes

DIVORCE !

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I buy a red pair of shiny shoes from Payless and click my heels together 3 times and say this word , will I see a Genie or goto OZ?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Truer words have never been written on this site.

Best response EVER!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I was afraid to try it at first. I normally don't even fool around with stuff like this. But I finally mustered up the courage, sat on the floor in the middle of my living room and began to chant that "word". It was actually kind of soothing, kind of a warm and happy feeling, kind of relieving. I was pleasantly surprised.

But when I snapped out of it, I discovered that I'd pissed my pants.

I'm not doing that again! Thanks a lot

What? Really? Peed in your pants hahaha, but is really strange! I mean why would chanting anything make one lose control over his bladder?

EDIT: You were just kidding, as I read later on. Well, when i have mustered enough courage I will try THE word myself

[edit on 27-3-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The idea of "words of power" goes back to the beginnings of the written language, where writing down a word imbues mystical powers over that word.

Word Play: The Power of the Written Word in Ancient Israel

I remember something along these same lines about Ancient Greek as well but couldn't come up with a good link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join