It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and Microsoft to Make Universe of Data Available to the Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

NASA and Microsoft to Make Universe of Data Available to the Public

www.nasa.gov

"This collaboration between Microsoft and NASA will enable people around the world to explore new images of the moon and Mars in a rich, interactive environment through the WorldWide Telescope," said Tony Hey, corporate vice president of Microsoft External Research in Redmond, Wash. "WorldWide Telescope serves as a powerful tool for computer science researchers, educators and students to explore space and experience the excitement of computer science."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Let the conjecture begin. Here's you chance to bash two members of the Evil Empire at once....Microsoft and NASA.

I'm just looking forward to some juicy new hi rez snaps.
(Censored and 'shopped of course.)

Also available will be images from 2005 MRO and upcoming
2009 LRO.

Over a hundred Terabytes. So clear off those thumb drives.

Regards....KK

www.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just hope they are not shamelessly cropped, fudged, or manipulated.

I suspect it doesn't matter anymore, if you believe that disclosure is coming.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sane Reply: This will be a great business strategy between NASA and Microsoft. It is sure to provide new products from Microsoft (Microsoft SPACE?) for consumers to purchase and MS to fatten their wallets while also giving NASA much needed public attention and support - especially with the current space program ending shortly, and the who-knows-how-long absence of a reusable space vehicle.

Insane Reply: HERE THEY GO AGAIN! THESE MONOLITHIC CORPORATIONS AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ARE JUST GOING TO PUT UP FAKE AND DOCTORED PICTURES OF THE MOON AND THE PLANETS TO HIDE THE MARTIANS AND THE MOON BASES THAT WE'VE ALL SEEN SO *CLEARLY* IN PHOTOS POSTED ON ATS. I WOULDN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THAT MICROSOFT CREATES BECAUSE THEY'LL SURE TRACK THE PEOPLE ARE ARE LOOKING AT QUESTIONABLE ARTIFACTS IN THEIR RELEASES. THEY'LL BE GETTING THE SHEEPLE TO DO THE WORK FOR THEM!

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER INDOCTRINATION TOOL FROM THE GOVERNMENT TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN "SCIENCE" AND TO THROW AWAY RELIGION. THE DAY OF APOCALYPSE IS NIGH! THE FOUR HORSEMAN ARE RIDING IN AS WE SPEAK! JUST WAIT UNTIL 2012!

I think #2 generally describes ATS pretty well.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Thanks for sharing.

It's funny how predictable you people are.

.... and you call everyone else sheeple. Lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Given your obvious lack of esteem of the membership here.... Perhaps you would like to haunt elsewhere.

On topic: I am sure there is some hidden aspect to this move. MS is not noted for its fully honest dealing with its client base, and NASA has been shown to be hiding things.

I would be very wary of this... (Despite lm's snide comments.)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

A: I don't call others sheeple, except maybe you.

2: Predict this -

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My opinion is pretty simple - i personally would like to have access to such site.
So you think that NASA covers something up? Well, could be. This will not change it for worst though.It will be in the worst case the same cover up plus tons of real photos and info that noobs like me had to search for all other the net with limited success.
Think of how it can potentially re-ignite public's interest in space exploration and such.
I think that it is positive.Even with Microsoft involved.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Maxmars

Thanks for sharing.

It's funny how predictable you people are.

.... and you call everyone else sheeple. Lol.

Same back at ya. You are just as predictable, if not more, than you think.

Sheeple follow a leader...ie what your trusty NASA tells you...however, people think for themselves and lead the the rest who need to be led.

Lets see what develops out of this new collaborative effort by two un-trustworthy entities.

Maybe we will see those things left behind on the Moon by the Apollo landings, put that issue to rest.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't mind a collaboration between Micro$oft and Not Another Secret Agency.

But I guess the database has to be paid from something, so I predict Windows 7 to be pricey.

External funny link

And though I like your reply LogicianMagician, you still haven't told us your own opinion about this, just 2 possibilities of replies for ATS members and that's it.

You can do better than that.

new topics

top topics

join