It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for Gobal Economic Cooperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Obama Calls for Gobal Economic Cooperation

www.cnn.com

President Obama reached out to citizens of the world Tuesday, saying in an op-ed piece that ran in 31 newspapers around the globe that there is an urgent need for worldwide economic cooperation.

Obama's move comes ahead of next week's Group of 20 meeting in London, England, in which leaders of the world's richest nations will discuss the global economic downturn.

"My message is clear," Obama wrote. "The United States is ready to lead, and we call upon our partners to join us with a sense of urgency and common purpose. Much good work has been done, but much more remains."

The president is scheduled to hold his second prime-time news conference at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday.

In the op-ed, Obama spoke about the upcoming G-20 meeting, saying that world leaders have to work together.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but Obama needs to be focusing on the problems in his country and dealing with the economic troubles in the United States.

Global cooperation is fine and dandy, but we have major problems here at home that need to be addressed. Obama is not the elected leader of the world; he is the elected leader of the US.

Deal with our problems before trying to get into everyone elses.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
also read this - www.abovetopsecret.com...

i wonder ....

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

AMEN!!
"The united States Is Ready To Lead"
Yea Obama, we are doing a splendid job so far as you say, hell we are doing such a great job, we can even tackle the entire world while we are at it.
lets go get em team.
::sigh::
Ive lost faith in our leaders. We are doomed.
Funny how he says this right after China and Russia declare that they want a new world currency.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Gordon Brown visited a few weeks ago (remember the DVD gift?) ... and he said he was coming to discuss a global economic bailout thing. Sounds like Brown got through to Obama.

And all that nebulous rhetoric he's spouting ....

To Obama - Hey dumb*** .... fix America first. Or better yet .. get the hell out of the way so someone who knows what he (or she) is doing can fix things.

[edit on 3/24/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why couldn't he have waited until the G-20 to do this? Why put an op-ed in 31 foreign papers to say this?

Economic cooperation across the globe is a good thing to ask for since our economies are entertwined to an extent. But, Obama's got some serious problems at home that need his attention.....global butt-kissing can wait until a later date.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obama is busy fixing the economy at home.
Hes busy taking bribes from Mafia boss Joe Cassano.
en.wikipedia.org...
Who actually caused all this.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Maybe he's starting early on the campaign for the global presidency?

That at least might explain why he still acts like a political candidate, e.g. on Leno.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That wouldn't surprise me.

His comment about the "US being ready to lead" in this effort struck me as odd. How can we lead when our economy is going down the tubes?? He's got to get over the "campaign mode", "attention mode", and "media mode" and get to the leading and action modes.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Why couldn't he have waited until the G-20 to do this? Why put an op-ed in 31 foreign papers to say this?

Economic cooperation across the globe is a good thing to ask for since our economies are entertwined to an extent. But, Obama's got some serious problems at home that need his attention.....global butt-kissing can wait until a later date.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well it is a global problem...America cant just *fix* itself,it is far too inter- connected with the world,America goes down the pooper so does the world and vice versa.Your not some self sustaining entity,you rely on the world just as much as the word relies on you.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yea, while the whole time AMERICA gets the blame for its collapse.
How can it be a joint effort when everyone wants to blame us, but cant blame themselves at the same time?
Its easy to cast stones, but when it comes to rescuing the world, oh now we have to share the responsibility so everyone gets their kudos.

America needs to fix America. We cant take on the whole world right now.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You cant fix America because of the nature of this mess.Banks and debt are so intertwined its just impossible,its an international problem.One country doing one thing,while another does another..and another etc etc wont get anyone anywhere...course i think its intentional in the first place.And i think the real power and heart of this problem resides in the city of London not America or New York.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

We might not be able to completely fix America but we can work to shore it up.

Yes, economies are entertwined, but shore up home before you go off trying to shore up everyone else. Obama's responsibility should be towards the people who elected him, the country he leads, not the rest of the world....especially in times like these.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I understand what you mean,he should be trying to soften the blow of this financial mess for americans,as should all other countries leaders..i understand that much.But to actually *fix* the deep rooted problem it will take an international solution.Thats all i meant.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well as it is now, theres nothing we can do. We tried to say no to the bailouts, we tried to say no to all the other crap that they pulled without our approval, where did it get us? nowhere. We are in worse shape now that we did that. He poured gasoline on the campfire and now our whole national park is lit up. we dont have enough helicopters or firemen in the world to put this fire out. We just need to let it burn and start over."Never waste a good crisis" thats the motto these days, now they will use it as an excuse to further whatever sick evil agenda they have in store for us.
Lets just hope we all dont wind up in a glass jar on someones desk in the upcomming days.

new topics

top topics

join