It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-Spoked UFO photographed by STS-115! The Smoking Gun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No it's not real. It's more Russian artwork (like the Buran piece). Looks like plans for Mir II. Note the three, prominently featured, Soyuz vehicles.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage!

I shall confirm where I found it and let them know what you have said.

*It did seem too good to be true. My brain-cell was tingling in the strangest way at the sight of that space station ;-)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Hi ZG! Now that was a real good find!
Wow! That object in the pic you linked to, resembles the one in the OP! Heck! Now that's extremely interesting. Is this corroboration that the object seen in the STS-115 vid is a UFO after all?

Cheers!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Hi ZG! Now that was a real good find! Wow! That object in the pic you linked to, resembles the one in the OP! Heck! Now that's extremely interesting.

This particular UFO (and many others) resembles certain organisms from our own biological sphere - namely diatoms (top right especially):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8398a3874ae.jpg[/atsimg]

The Roswell UFO apparently looked like a diatom and so did the objects that Kenneth Arnold sighted... So did the critters in the STS-75 tether mission.

Kenneth Arnold UFO (with nucleus visible):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4ef1d0251ed.jpg[/atsimg]

Sketch of Roswell UFO (with what look like organelles and nucleus):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7408db969da7.jpg[/atsimg]

Diatom with remarkably similiar appearance Roswell UFO (top right). A couple also resemble the STS-115 UFO:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e71aea6210b4.jpg[/atsimg]

*As the density of diatoms appears to be relative to their environment - this allows for some interesting speculations with regards to size, volume and mass ;-)

If diatom density is relative to the environment, then I wonder how dense would these diatoms be - Does anyone know how 'dense' is space at this orbit?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e63d7b9b26f.jpg[/atsimg]

**Here is very interesting information on the presence of certain photonic crystals in Diatoms and the unique properties they convey to the organism:

"Mention photonic crystals to physicists and their eyes light up! These crystals can be described as dielectric structures with periodically modulated refractive indices. Also known as photonic band gap (PBG) materials, laboratories everywhere are scrambling to design, manufacture, and find novel uses for these crystals. They are already being applied in electrodynamics, photon-state squeezing, micro-fabricated lasers, simulated opals, and as waveguides in the infrared and microwave regions. It has been said that photonic crystals are to electromagnetic waves as semiconductors are to electron waves. Interestingly, some remarkable examples of photonic crystals can be found in most any body of water. What follows is less about techniques and more about observations.....

...Recently, I was reading several articles describing some newer photonic crystals capable of propagating visible light. The crystals do this well, except for light that falls into the forbidden range of the crystals' band gap. In that case, the band gap light is either reflected or trapped. If trapped, the light's energy is dumped into shorter wavelengths that are reradiated...

....Perhaps this organism started it all, but now the question remains whether it pretty much ends there or whether, in fact, diatoms have optical structures instrumental in their survival. In other words, are diatoms' photonic crystal structures exceedingly rare and unnecessarily ornate serving only to separate their inner world from the surrounding hostile environment, or are they exceedingly common and designed to serve as selective light conduits?"

(source: www.viewsfromscience.com...)

**If these things exist, they probably lower their altitude to aid in biological functions such as 'mitosis'; after which an immediate reduction in relative density would be sustainable, enough to slowly regain altitude.
(but then another form of propulsion would be required - perhaps this is where certain properties o fthe photonic crystals are utilized, along with the manipulation of the charge built-up as the organism drifts through the magnetic field... Of course, I am just speculating and probably leaving out some obvious things.)

*Since a charge is developed it likely has an affect of the photonic crystals, causing them to emit visible light, the density of which, is also relative to the environment - anyhow, it might look like this:

www.youtube.com...

Or this:
www.youtube.com...

(In both videos the cameras are moving, indicating that these are not attributable to lens anomalies/flaws.. Chinese Lanterns perhaps? ;-)

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
It looks like it has been 'added' in looks sorta like a southpark animation if you know what i mean, but is that just because of the vid quality or what? dam i wish these videos where high def, it will be good when higher quality cameras become more mainstream and uploadable, you never ever see a video in full mint quality it never happens. When it does and you can zoom in enough to see the aliens in the cockpit etc i think that will be the 'smoking gun' everyone is looking for.

agreed, it does indeed look like some sort of alterd after effect.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Very thought provoking indeed!
Check out some more interesting stuff here...

Alien ‘Monsters’ In Space! Or Are They Terrestrial Biological Entities?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hi

Regarding the second you tube video on your post see below if you read one of the comments they think its Venus as it was visble high in the sky at the time also look like digital zoom was being used resulting in the patterns on the object.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Something like this

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I don't take the comments section of youtube as seriously as you.

You can feel free to think such things are always Venus or are always a lens anomaly - that is your prerogative.

I've done my bit. Thanks for your Opinion.

Got any relevant images or videos to contribute?

What might the object in the STS-115 video be?

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The same shape showed up in the downlinked ET sep images from 127 on Friday. When seen closeup, it turns out to be an ice imprint of the fuel line interface facing. It shows up often, precisely during and only during this maneuver.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
It looks like it has been 'added' in looks sorta like a southpark animation if you know what i mean, but is that just because of the vid quality or what? dam i wish these videos where high def, it will be good when higher quality cameras become more mainstream and uploadable, you never ever see a video in full mint quality it never happens. When it does and you can zoom in enough to see the aliens in the cockpit etc i think that will be the 'smoking gun' everyone is looking for.

I too think this looks very much like it was added in.

It just doesn't seem to be a part of the video, it's rate of speed seems strange, and in general around the object it just seems to look sort of cropped. it looks like a fake to me, though I have no idea if it is or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread because it is pretty good!

The video was posted as a comment to something I said on a shuttle UFO vid. I dont remember seeing this one before. It's pretty good.

So bump!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join