It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY have so many countries revealed their UFO files lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
hi there,

why is it that so many countries have revealed their UFO files in the last year or so?

it has to be either 1 of 3 things in my opinion,

1/ its a smokescreen, a stalling tactic to keep us happy to save them giving proper disclosure

2/ its actually a prlude to something bigger - to get the public a bit more in tune with whats happening

3/ this is it - all there is - the truth revealed (although i doubt this!)

let me know your thoughts on this. i just find it interesting how certain countries have revealed info in the last year.

www.ufodigest.com...

G.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Perhaps they are releasing the information now as a result of the increased lobbying they have encountered in regards to doing just that in recent years.

I'd say that your option 3 with some exceptions is probably the closest answer to reality. I think it is most likely that there is no conspiracy within the vast majority of, if not not all of, earths governments (and as such that there is no communication channels between space aliens and earth political channels) and that in instances where information is being held back then it is due to legitimate national security reasons.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

While many countries have released their files, no smoking guns have been found. Some of the reports are very good, but nothing to really prove that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Reading through the recent UK release (here) one of the reasons seems to be that they didn't want to be seen to be validating the extraterrestrial hypothesis for UFOs. There's frequent references to official (UK) policy at the time in those documents (one of the Northern Ireland ones stands out).

My guess would be that the release of the documents is in part due to freedom of information acts and a change in official policy in how they expect the public to react. I think previously they worried about been seen to validate wilder stories about UFOs.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Slowly educating the populace about what they know is a much better idea in their minds then just coming out and telling us.

I think they might have been told that it is time to let the rest of the world know. I think they've been preparing for years, giving us little tidbits in movies and tv series, selling it as part of the overall illusion.

It could very well be a smoke screen, but lately there has been too much information coming up at this particular stressful time in our society. The finding of bacteria in the stratosphere the continuing disclosure about discoveries on mars, as well as their plan to return to the moon, all seem to show that they most likely won't have a chocie to tell us.

It might become very clear to us whether they tell us or not.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
good points. i tend to side with the idea that they slowly want us to be in the know of whats happening.

i also wonder though, with the recent surge in sightings, maybe they know something we dont, therefore, HAVE to tell us some info NOW!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don`t know even here in the philippines they suddenly told us that there was a UFO sighting in the Cagayan province (LOL a province here).Maybe it`s because it`s time to tell people the truth?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
These useless UFO reports that are made public are done with the hopes that the public will believe this is all they have, lessen interest in the subject as a result, and are an attempt to gain some trust back from a wary population with a false pretense of government transparency.

Disclosure will never come from our governments. An external force would have to "out" the subject whether its a collapse of our civilization that destroys the conspiracy infrastructure or ETs themselves admitting they're here. These reports are certainly a smokescreen, but they are not a prelude to anything bigger.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
These useless UFO reports that are made public are done with the hopes that the public will believe this is all they have, lessen interest in the subject as a result, and to attempt to gain some trust back from a wary population with a false pretense of government transparency.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Frith]

I dont think you we ever see the freedom of information acts produce anything. Logic says you need to know the document exists and if you know it exists your not requesting to see it you have seen it so in a way your right!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i agree that most of the stuff in these files is really dated and basic. there have been numerous much more compelling stories that have been covered up by the government.

to the average 99% joe bloggsd people, this is amazing information. to more clued up researchers in this field, its just fairly ordinary stuff with one or two juicy accounts thrown in for good measure.

new topics

top topics

join