It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax Apollo 17

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Yes, BJ33, because any number of things could have killed the Astronauts.

Did you know that just about every modern newspaper and other media outlet currently has an obituary written and ready to trot out for just about every well-known person on the planet? I mean, celebrities, political figures, sports figures, etc.

As I reviewed the pages of this thread I noticed a few ATS members using the despicable term "Astro-NOTS" in their derisive and uneducated comments. This, I believe, comes from a despicable 'utube' user with the moniker "greenmagoos"...this is some kid from the UK who seems to have coined this term, along with his other equally despicable 'mate' from Oz, "WhiteJarrah".

These blokes as a team account for most of the dreck on 'utube' that spouts all of this 'Hoax' nonsense. I've been 'round with them some years ago, but saw it as useless to engage their trolling because, ultimately, that is what they are...useless trolls.

I bring this up as an invitation for those who want a laugh...and as a warning to those who will cite these ridiculous claims here at ATS. We are way too smart to fall for the 'peudo-science' these trolls spout.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My question about this video is: Who is doing the zooming and panning of the camera?

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

The were controlled remotely by mission control.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
My question about this video is: Who is doing the zooming and panning of the camera?

The man's name was Ed Fendell. He was head of the Integrated Communications (INCO) section at the Mission Operations Center in Houston. He lead the team that designed the remote camera rig, and personally operated it for all three J-Missions (Apollo 15, 16 & 17).

Here is an 80-page interview with Fendell in which he discusses his entire career with NASA, starting at the beginning of the Gemini flights.

The part where he discusses the remote camera - how it came about, how he trained to use it and his experiences on the on the J-Missions - is on pages 55-61.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ah, I enjoy Moon Hoax threads. Every single question or accusation from the hoax believers gets blown to bits. Every single one.

Oh, and you can still see Apollo 17 flag casting a shadow: www.hq.nasa.gov...

"Flip Book" with LRO images of Apollo 17 site: lroc.sese.asu.edu...

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is giving you unprecedented views of the Moon

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
photos of stars were taken from the CSM. And on the lunar surface with a telescope.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok..... NASA seem to be saying.... something.... here. Not sure what it is. After all they went there... that's a fact beyond challenge....right? But going back safely, or at least getting back safely (or the full monty) seems, to be beyond their capabilities after another 50 years of technical and scientific advancement. They pretty much admit anything other than LEO is out of the question re: manned space missions with current tech and knowledge.

Here's a single article that has some food for thought:

www.nexusmagazine.com...

Take this as your starting point and go do some research. Or take the lazy man's defence and ask the nay sayers to disprove the NASA propaganda. Or provide links to smudges on grainy photos claiming they are the shadow of an American flag. Meh......

As for why no other space faring power has called them out...... who wants to be the one to tell the world they really are stuck here and will die with the planet even if we don't bring about our own destruction before then?

Maybe everyone is just hoping advancements in physics etc will make it possible one day and the world will just remember Apollo as a footnote in the history of man that just gets skipped over rather quickly when teaching the kids. After all..... everyone will be concentrating on the 'now' in the future. History is what you want it to be. America teaches us that on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 8/26/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

Guess what the current tech only has to get to LEO ie to the ISS.

Next manned missions sre supposed to be for Mars which is not a few days like Apollo. So Apollo tech us no good.

As for images the pictures taken on the suface by the Astronauts can be compared with LRO images craters and rocks too small to be seen from Earth or even the Hubble can be matched.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
Ok..... NASA seem to be saying.... something.... here. Not sure what it is. After all they went there... that's a fact beyond challenge....right? But going back safely, or at least getting back safely (or the full monty) seems, to be beyond their capabilities after another 50 years of technical and scientific advancement. They pretty much admit anything other than LEO is out of the question re: manned space missions with current tech and knowledge.

Kinda pointless to go to the Moon again using 60s technology like magnetic core memory, which was literally woven by hand using copper wires passing through magnetic rings.

The world has quite advanced since then. And new technologies bring with them new costs and new challenges. Such as getting the much more sensitive and complicated electronics through the Van Allen belts, taking the long, fuel-efficient way instead of the quick one Apollo guys took.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Resurrecting an EIGHT YEAR OLD thread? This makes even less sense to me than claiming that the Moon landings were a hoax.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
Resurrecting an EIGHT YEAR OLD thread? This makes even less sense to me than claiming that the Moon landings were a hoax.

The actual post that started this thread doesn't make much sense either.

I have found in youtube a series of Apollo 17 videos.
What problems do astronauts?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join