It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longest song you've ever heard?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Tubular Bells by Mike Olfield is easily the longest. It actually lasts for just under 17 days.

Now....this is funny!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I really don't want to know where the guy got the name for that song. As for rock and roll, the longest song is Echoes by Pink Floyd at 23 minutes and 28 seconds in length.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is off the Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 3 entitled the Legacy
Helloween - The King For a Thousand Years (13 min)

this is off the Majestic album
Gamma Ray - Revelations (10 min)

Both power speed metal.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Some Hendrix and that steppenwolf song magic carpet, g'n'r has some long songs too.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Steppenwolf - the pioneers of heavy metal.

I'm standing next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick [43:28]
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play [44:50]
Roger Waters - The Pros And Cons of Hitch Hiking is really one long 42 minute song, but they ended cutting it up so some of the parts could be played on the radio, IIRC.
In a sense, all of Roger Waters' albums and the Pink Floyd albums in his main era (Dark Side of the Moon -> The Final Cut) were single songs, even though they were cut up into multiple tracks.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
the longest song ive ever heard was by an endless contortionist the song name was disasterpiece, i found it on accident while looking up slipknot stuff one day

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The longest single song I have omy computer is opeth - black rose immortal, closly followed by nofx - the decline.
And for the poeple talking about the afi song, im pretty sure your confused with the leaving song which is split into 2 halves I have the album that "...but now here is home" is on and its only 3 mins 47 seconds.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've heard most of these songs listed when they were new, except the classical music. Struggled through that in college.

I just found a band that I have no idea why they are not played in the USA. I saw where they do have a following in Europe. I'd compare some of their work as good as anything Pink Floyd put out.

Anyway, listen to Porcupine Tree "Arriving Somewhere but not Here" at around 12-13 minutes. Another song "Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape" at a little over 9 minutes is fairly decent.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Tool - Third Eye (13:47)
Tool - Reflection (11:07)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hands down, I do not think anyone could beat this song!

The longest Song in the World!

*peace*

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think the live version of Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin is 25 minutes long.

I really hated the old Meatloaf songs, they were too long and wordy, the guy never shut up.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Without a doubt the longest song I ever had to endure listening to was "I'm Too Sexy". Sure it probably lists as being about two minutes long, on the CD details. But I have a theory that this song somehow sets up a temporal displacement and actually ends up prattling on for hours. In fact I only listened to it once, yet it is still stuck somewhere in my head.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Longest songs I know are the ones from the mars volta. They are usualy 10 - 15 mins long. Pretty good songs actualy imo.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Anything by Coldplay.

They all seem to last a lifetime and a half of pure misery.:shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wot no Genesis?

Shame on you all, missing out classics like The Battle of Epping Forest, at a mere 12 minutes, followed on the same album by Cinema Show, another 12 odd minutes amongst others. Both of which pale into insignificance when compared to the magnificent Suppers Ready, at a mere 24 minutes.

I can think of loads more, Greggary Peccary by Frank Zappa (entire B side of the album Studio Tan) springs to mind, but Genesis deserve a notable mention for "the music that never ends...."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I got a Meshugga song on here thats about 24mins long.Now im curious ill go see if i can find it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ok its 21min long exactly.Its from -I- i think its an ep from 2004.For a superlong song its kikass.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Longest Song that I know is Dopesmoker by a 90's Stoner Metal Band, Sleep. It's about 72 minutes long.No wait,scratch that.I just remembered this ambient soundscape song called Inside my Room Watching the Rain by Ananta.It's about 4 hours long and it's all one track, which leads me to my next song.Somminum by Robert Rich is 7 hours long but it is split into 3 or 4 parts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join