It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jersey Tear Drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this before? I didn't even know it existed. Why do you suppose the MSM doesn't want to glorify something like this that came from russia?

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have never heard of this monument, but it is a beautiful piece of art and a very moving gesture of condolence. Thanks for posting this, it brought tears to my eyes. I will visit the next time I visit my sister in New Jersey.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Nice find!

" Why do you suppose the MSM doesn't want to glorify something like this that came from russia? "

Uh, because it would expose the myth that Russians are our enemy.
( Albeit, our former enemy.)

Now we have a new enemy.......... the war on terrorism.
( The former war was on drugs.)

"What good is a friend if you can't make an enemy of him?" - William Gillette

Regards....KK

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know if you take that monument and flip it 90 degrees it looks like the "All Seeing Eye"

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
You know if you take that monument and flip it 90 degrees it looks like the "All Seeing Eye"

I doubt it has anything to do with the "All Seeing Eye". This is a beautiful structure and a beautiful gift. I'd never seen it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That's an excellent symbol of solidarity from the Russians to you Americans, it makes me believe in the better nature of people.
Nice find.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Spotted this teardrop on beforeitsnews on a video, filmed Russian-style. I only visit b-i-n for a giggle, and seldom login to a-t-s at the moment cos there is a spate of trolling going on I don't want to be drawn into a fight against, but this monument just serves to remind us that Russians Love Their Children Too.

And maybe the monument serves as a reminder that in some cultures perhaps they don't love their children....very sad. Don't troll me on this, I did say 'perhaps',

In case the video is not easy to find, here is the link to it...

______beforeitsnews/story/1102/797/The_Russians_Put_Up_a_Beautiful_150-Ton_Tear_Drop_Memorial,_in_New_Jersey_in_2006,_to_Those_Who_Died_in_the_9_ 11_Tragedy._Its_Beautiful._Everyone_Should_be_Aware_of_it._This_is_the_First_Ive_Heard_of_it..html

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Has anyone seen this before? I didn't even know it existed. Why do you suppose the MSM doesn't want to glorify something like this that came from russia?

www.snopes.com...

Actually, I think it was pretty well covered. I happened to have been working in the area at the time so I heard even more about it. It was 5 years ago.

top topics

join