It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers 'Forced Pupils Into Cage Fighting'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not 100% sure where to post this ...

Anyway...

Teachers 'Forced Pupils Into Cage Fighting'

Teachers forced unruly pupils to settle their disputes at school with brutal bare-knuckle cage fights, a report says.

Staff at the school in Dallas were provided with "gladiator-style entertainment", whistleblowers have claimed.

One parent alerted the authorities after her son returned from the inner-city school with a swollen hand.

In the report the school's former principal Donald Moten is accused of getting security guards to put youngsters in the steel cage to "let 'em duke it out".

Source - Sky News

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Woah.

Now this is pretty shocking.
How can this go unnoticed for so long? Surely some kids would have raised this as a problem to some level of authority even if it just be their parents?

Is anyone from Dallas and who might have some more information on this?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good G-d. They may be on to something with this. This might just set the unruly buggers straight. Think about it. Unruly kids may be violent or bullies, a few fists against the ol' noggin would do a great deal to set them straight! I wonder if they had referees? On the other hand, what a terrible way to permamnently screw up a kid.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wish I had gone to a school like that.They called the cops on us when we fought.
If it was against their wishes then thats bad but if the 2 people do agree then I think it is ok.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hmmm I still do not really agree with it in terms of it being an uncontrolled environment.

I have no problem if two consenting adults wish to fight (if under 18 please request consent from your parents
) but from reading the article I get the impression that some did not want to fight. This is also described as "cagefighting" (makes me think of Wolverine in X-Men 1 but I guess it is more like UFC) as opposed to the more "sporty" fighting such as boxing which is a little dangerous for kids who can probably not control themselves as well as a professional fighter can.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Its a good way to settle things for sure.Course you have all the hippies saying its bad,but physical violence/dominance is still quite integral and natural to us.instead of having something drag on for years on end get it over with within 5 minutes.But like you said,there are weaker folks who are forced into such a situation that they dont want to be in.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Funny, my dad told me stories about how they settled in school fights in his day. His Gym teacher would make them put on boxing gloves and slug it out on their knees until they both didn't want any more. Reverse psychology I guess. Let them fight until they don't want to fight anymore. I could see it working but the public would never go for it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i wish they had cage fighting when i went to school. hell id rather do that for a unit in phys ed then #en badmitton.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Funny, my dad told me stories about how they settled in school fights in his day. His Gym teacher would make them put on boxing gloves and slug it out on their knees until they both didn't want any more. Reverse psychology I guess. Let them fight until they don't want to fight anymore. I could see it working but the public would never go for it.

When I was at school, if two lads had a beef they could go and see a particular PT teacher and he would take them to the gym at lunch time and let them put on the gloves and fight it out. Those gloves were truly huge and it was like getting hit with a medicine ball

In the OP's post I can not understand why a school would have a "cage" and allowing kids to fight bare knuckle is truly reckless, I think the teachers concerned should be suspended pending an inquiry.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
complete testicles

line #2

reply to post by Solomons

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
THere is already a thread on this: Use search, is your friend

Cherry

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
HEre is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...
2nd line

cherry

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

Uh, Actually...

Dallas high school accused of staging student cage fights
- posted on .. Fri Mar 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM

South Oak Cliff High School
- posted on ... Fri Mar 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM

Please contribute to one of these ongoing threads.

--Thread Closed--

new topics

top topics

join