It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO OVER LONG BEACH, CA--3/17/09 8PM PST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hello to everyone, this is my first post here. I usually hang out on another well known conspiracy site, that as of late isn't big on discussing UFO's, but rather political and economical issues. I was asked by a user on that site to post my story with pictures on this website, for better evaluation and opinions.

Basically, on Tuesday night, March 17th, we had a UFO fairly close by and low in altitude hovering over my home and neighborhood for over 20 minutes. That night as well, we had a 3 minute window from 7:48 p.m. to 7:51 p.m. to see the space shuttle and ISS. I reminded my 10 year old daughter of this, but got caught up in getting dinner ready that we forgot to run outside to look for it. At about 7:59 p.m., my neighbor's son came running over and knocked on our door to come see the UFO.

My neighbor and her two boys are sky watchers, as it is a nightly hobby to star gaze. She had her camera out on a tripod to snap shots of her boys. Before I ran outside to see the UFo, she had been watching it hover over our houses (general area, but most likely due to altitude and size, was obviously further). She snapped over 60 pictures of this thing. It hovered in a stationary position forever and when it moved, it moved erratically. When I ran outside to view it, it was hovering directly across the street from my house and appeared like a glowing light craft. By this point, things got really interesting because we saw military helicopters, along with police birds, scrambling to find this object. Some of the helicopters had search lights on. Before this craft vanished, it slowly moved westward toward the ocean and simple vanished.

I live a few miles from the LB airport and directly under the landing path for the commercial flights and for 45 minutes to an hour after this thing disappeared, they diverted air traffic around the search area. We watched these helicopters going nuts trying to find this thing. Toward the end of the hour, almost 9 p.m., the helicopters flew towards Huntington Beach/Orange County, following something.

Other interesting tidbits, the UFO appeared right after sunset over a densely populated area very close to commercial flight path. At first it looked just like any other, plane coming in for a landing when you see the headlights, except for the thing hovered.

Obviously, there is more detail that i can provide as to why this was so strange, but then this would be a 10 page post.

On the other site, there are two threads on this sighting posted by me, 7 and 11 pages respectively with oohs and ahhs and calls of BS. I don't profess this to be "alien", but certainly unusual. If it were a top secret military craft, why would they chase it?

I also live near the Los Alamitos Joint Training base and the Naval Weapons Station in Seal Beach.

Here is the links for the pics, they kind of speak for themselves:

Photobucket: s162.photobucket.com...

Rapidshare, for full resolution 59.1 mg file: rapidshare.com...

This is a link by a poster on the other site when he animated some of the pictures:

tinypic.com...

Also, my neighbor who took the pictures and should take credit for the whole event being documented, posted her story on MUFON and she posted as well o the other site's threads as well She gave a lot more detail and I can copy and paste her statement in this thread, if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hmmm a similar thread has been posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I said in that one, looks to be nothing more than an airplane:

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks, downloading high resolution pics right now. By the way, i know the sky watchers are there, and there are many of them. I know, i also had 2 different sightings. Thanks for this, and keep looking up there!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'd have to ask the obvious question with regards the photos you've provided/linked to...

Why were they taken using an 8 second exposure time?

Of course the "lights" are going to seem "odd", "trailing", more "intriguing", if you will...

The 8 second exposure time will make a normal everyday aircraft Seem quite extraordinary... much like this one.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well from your explanation sounds like a secret advanced Military craft.

The pictures do little to enhance the story but glad to see them anyway.

This is going to be one of those that you will have to chalk up to one of the undecided categories.

Hopefully the pilot is doing well and the helicopters were able to locate the craft if it went down.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I didn't take the pictures, so I'm not sure. Let me try and paste my neighbors explanation from the other thread.

Here is is as she posted on another forum:

"I am an amateur astronomer and I am a professional Police, Military and Special Forces Technical Advisor for television and film. I have done shows for every major network on television (including cable) and am also a specialty casting director for shows like 24 and others on the History and Military Channels - to name a very few. I am an ex-police officer and am married to a Federal one now. I don't make it a habit of lying, nor do I appreciate being referred to as such. I give others the benefit of the doubt and expect the same from them. I ask that of all of you now.

The biggest issue we ALL have to face is what the fu*k is going on in our skies! This is a very serious question and one we have to find an answer for before it slaps us in the face, whether it be due to ignorance, laziness, debate or even skeptisism! And frankly, whoever decided that what I took photos of last night was an asteroid that someone put lights on... might I suggest something you may already be aware of? You REALLY NEED AN EDUCATION! That "thing" was in the sky for more than 30 minutes... 26 of which I have recorded on digital camera. Why isn't it a video? Tell me, oh wise one... you would really rather prefer a what... 500 X 500 pixel video of the thing or the photos that can be printed on a photo printer up to 17 x 14"? Which one do you think is more detailed? Another thing you might consider... if you take the photos and save them to your hard drive and import them into the FREE Windows Video Maker program... you can animate them and watch it fly!

As far as the photos go... If you have a decent monitor and are bold enough to post your email address, I will be quite happy to send any of you the unedited files that will tell you they came right from the camera itself in the properties of the file! If you don't know what that means... well, I'm far too busy to help. And this goes for ANYONE who wants to suggest that I am a friggin liar!

For those who are interested in hearing the real story or have questions for me, I am happy to answer them, too.

I am sorry that this post is seemingly negative, as it was not my immediate desire. But my God! How is it so many of you, instead of looking for the truth in things have to BASH my friend for posting before I put my handicapped children to bed? How DARE YOU call her or me a bull#ter when you don't have a clue who either one of us are? You aren't in my shoes or hers and regardless of how IMPORTANT you thought it was in proving the authenticity of the photos... I know I can say my kids come before EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. Including a post where many of the people seem to thrive on tossing insults instead of contemplating answers that might be of some benefit to mankind."

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
By the way, you avatars here are so much cooler, rather than "over there"!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A +, account, pictures, now all you need is radar tracking tapes and a peice of the alien pilot's underwear. Honestly great job. These "fly-bys" seem to be getting more blatant, and the MIL-Helicopters are having a hell of a time chasing them away. GO HOME ET!

top topics

join