It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'Stunned' by Millions in AIG Bonuses (Tonight Show Interview)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm guessing that his approval rating is under 50% by early April.

As soon as Obama approval rating is below 55% I'm gonna watch for a terrorist attack, seriously, Obama have charisma and is a good liar.

If people don't believe him anymore, they'll have to do something to bring back the people behind him or the whole thing will fall apart.

So it will be either a terrorist attack, total economic meltdown so people have other things to think about... or a ``cyber terrorist attack`` closing internet, the biggest threat to the elite.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I just seen a clip on TV,

Hopefully many of them will wake up, eventually.

Before it's to late.

edit

oh wait it is already to late.

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What % of American people actually do research on sites like these,

he knows hes lieing

we know hes lieing

So what, 99% of the pop think he's golden still

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here is a treasury announcement on march 2, 2009 announcing the AIG restructuring plan. This is the last paragraph.

AIG must be in compliance with the executive compensation and corporate governance requirements of Section 111 of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, including the most stringent limitations on executive compensation as required under the newest amendments to the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act. Additionally, AIG must continue to maintain and enforce newly adopted restrictions put in place by the new management on corporate expenses and lobbying as well as corporate governance requirements

www.treas.gov...

Notice the words I put in bold. These words tell me that the treasury felt that the bonus restrictions they had in place were stringent enough.

Now here is a letter from Geithner to Congress dated March 17, 2009.

I find the following to be interesting

I registered my strong objections to Mr. Edward Liddy, the CEO of AIG, last week when I was first informed by my staff about the pending payment obligations.

I would think that when they restructured AIG on March 2, Geithner would have became aware of the situation.

I know that much of the public ire has fallen on Mr. Liddy, which is understandable, since it is his name on the door. But it also is unjustified. Mr. Liddy was put in place as the CEO of AIG last year at the request of the U.S. government to help rehabilitate the company and repay taxpayer funds. He inherited a difficult situation, including these AIGFP retention contracts, which were entered prior to his or the government's involvement in AIG. As long as he is there, we will work with him on measures to wind down AIG in an orderly way and protect the American taxpayer.

www.treas.gov...

Very nice of him to defend Liddy. But shouldn't he be doing that in public as well. This is the first time I heard about this.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I know everyone wants the President to be super human and speed read everything that crosses his desk and retain it all but that is not reality.

Hell, yes!!! I want him to read everything that crosses his desk. Obvioiusly, neither he nor his staff took the time to read the 465 page omnibus bill.

www.cnsnews.com...

"On Wednesday, only two days after he lifted President Bush’s executive order banning federal funding of stem cell research that requires the destruction of human embryos, President Barack Obama signed a law that explicilty bans federal funding of any "research in which a human embryo or embryos are destroyed, discarded, or knowingly subjected to risk of injury or death." The provision was buried in the 465-page omnibus appropriations bill that Obama signed Wednesday. Known as the Dickey-Wicker amendment, it has been included in the annual appropriations bill for the Department of Health and Human Services every fiscal year since 1996. The amendment says, in part: "None of the funds made available in this Act may be used for—(1) the creation of a human embryo or embryos for research purposes; or (2) research in which a human embryo or embryos are destroyed, discarded, or knowingly subjected to risk of injury or death." Found in Section 509 of Title V of the omnibus bill (at page 280 of the 465-page document), the federal funding ban not only prohibits the government from providing tax dollars to support research that kills or risks injury to a human embryo, it also mandates that the government use an all-inclusive definition of “human embryo” that encompasses any nascent human life from the moment that life comes into being, even if created in a laboratory through cloning, in vitro fertilization or any other means. “For the purposes of this section,” says the law, “the term ‘human embryo or embryos’ includes any organism … that is derived by fertilization, parthenogenesis, cloning, or any other means from one or more human gametes or human diploid cells.” (The entire verbatim text of Section 509 of the omnibus spending law is reprinted at the bottom of this article.) At a widely publicized White House ceremony on Monday, President Obama signed his own executive order lifting an executive order that President Bush had signed in 2001. While allowing federal funding of research involving embryonic stem cell lines that had already been created from embryos that had already been destroyed, Bush's 2001 order denied federal funding to research that required the killing of any additional embryos. "

To assume that "Of course, he wouldn't read it. Not realistic"???? Sorry I don't buy it. If you have time for the parties/vacation/Leno show, but not for reading the legislation you are putting your pen to, then at least hire some diligent staffers to made you look good.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I saw that earlier today. So, he signs an Executive Order reversing Bush's ban on federal funding on embryonic stem cell research and then signs the stimulus bill which strictly prohibits any federal money going to embryonic stem cell research.

That makes a helluva lot of sense. :shk:

I expect the President to read what he signs into law. I expect him to go over things with a fine toothed comb. I don't expect him to not know what is going on.

And, to say that he didn't know about the bonuses has already been shown to be a lie. But, the masses don't care, the media doesn't care, and those of us, the tiny number of us who do know and care, can't scream loud enough because the din of adoration drowns us out.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
After all this, AIG, the monetization of our debt, the blatant payouts to the megawealthy banksters, the crippling of the nation, the defacto surrender of the economy to private interests, "change"...,

Layered on top of the past administration that tripled the size of the government, distanced the nation from its Constitutional roots, solidified the connection between the 21st Century Robber Barons and heart of government, and launched the rise of Power by Fear and misdirection in the United States.

We were warned, we ignored it.

We were told to accept the fact that 'no one could have foreseen [fill in the blank] over and over.

Then we were 'promised' a savior (no, not the spiritual kind), but here we have this 'show', a twisted tragic comedy of (mis)representation.

The nation cheered and begged and argued for this government to be handed over to this 'different' politician. He did use the word "change," right? I'm not putting words into his mouth am I? As far as I have seen, we still need change. And we definitely didn't get any this time around.

They are owned. And we are NOT supposed to figure it out.

They are gonna need something really big to distract us now.

I know, basketball.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Basketball seems to distract Obama from his job when he needs to rest. :shk:

And, the sad thing is that except for a tiny part of the minority, the public won't figure that out. They will continue to eat up the pandering and lap up the promises of "hope" and "change".

It is sad, outrageous, and utterly ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh, we're getting change alright; Huge, Massive, Incomprehensible, Irreversable CHANGE.
The American Dream as we know it is OVER, and its not just BOH's doing; we've been heading down this road for a long, LONG time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The politician lied to us? How shocking!

I don't know why anyone gets surprised everytime any of our leaders lie, even if they were caught doing it. Scheming, cheating, lying (and any other means) is part of the game if you want to go high places. I can't wait to see how the those who blindly supported him during the elections will view him in a couple of years. But then again, if he keeps up with the cool guy image, people will still buy into it. Those people will say, "well yeah he made a few mistakes, but hey at least he's a cool guy."

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

The thing that blows me away is that now our politicos are no longer satisfied with just playing their reindeer games on the hill; now they are stepping into the economic arena, which is now causing massive destruction. Its like an ultra-rich peewee softball team stepping onto the field of the Superbowl after paying off the referees.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I actually think a sitting president appearing on a show like the "Tonight Show" is a good idea. Most people don't watch the news, i doubt many tune into state of the union addresses, or any kind of speeches, so going on a show that the many Americans tune into tells me that it's an attempt to stay in touch with the people. Plus many feel that once we elect these fools, they disappear, so this is actually a good idea, in my opinion anyway. I doubt Obama is actually doing it to reach out to the people, nor is he trying to keep the people informed of anything, but for the reason you do say it's media whoring and attention craving that celebrities do.

He's basically jumping on what is working right now, for example, why is Paris Hilton famous? Exactly, because she's eating up lot's of airtime to where everyone in the world knows who she is. Plus, he's campaigning early for 2012, then if he succeeds, he'll campaign to have the amendment changed so that he could run for office again. He isn't shy about making the other amendments obsolete, why not that one? His next move will be to have a camera and a reporter at his side at almost all times to jump on the reality show bandwagon. He wouldn't be the first though, Teddy Roosevelt did this while he was in office and since Obama is trying to act like a bunch of ex president's rolled into one, he might as well as ol' Teddy into the mix. Who else does he have already? Lincoln, Kennedy, FDR, not exactly what I would call original.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
It is rather odd for a sitting President to show up on a late night comedy show. In fact, this is the first time it's happened.

Why is it odd? His entire campaign and presidency so far has been nothing but a comedy show...like the Three Stooges. In fact, if you listen realy closely every time the telelprompter...uhh...I mean obama gives a speech you can actually here the theme song from Benny Hill playing in the backround!

Listen closely...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
When he made the joke in reply to the question about the dog I literally flinched. I had to rewind the DVR and record it so I could play it for hubby.

I know that it was a "joke" and that he was trying to be funny, but the comment that "Listen, this is Washington. It was a campaign promise." really took me aback and made me wonder what other things he'll start joking about having been "just campaign promises". Yes, he continued on to say that he was just joking and that they really would get the dog after his trip, so that's something, I guess.

The fact that he was making jokes about "campaign promises" was pretty telling and, while I haven't ever expected him to carry out any he could get away with avoiding, I also didn't expect to hear him make jokes about it, either. Haven't we frequently heard that it is easiest to tell the truth using comedy to make it seem like a joke? I know that I've read that exact sentiment right here on ATS. So, how much truth was there about other campaign promises hidden in this joke?

It was just one more uncomfortable moment of seeing what some of the rest of the country has foisted off on us being added to a quickly growing list.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

AIG must be in compliance with the executive compensation and corporate governance requirements of Section 111 of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, including the most stringent limitations on executive compensation as required under the newest amendments to the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act. Additionally, AIG must continue to maintain and enforce newly adopted restrictions put in place by the new management on corporate expenses and lobbying as well as corporate governance requirements

That is right out of Atlas Shrugged.

It's been two months that this nitwit has been in office. I'm still seeing Obama bumperstickers on cars and I'm still seeing his mug on shirts everywhere I go. These people are in a fog. I don't know what it will take to wake them the hell up.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Basketball seems to distract Obama from his job when he needs to rest. :shk:

What does he need to rest from? He never works. The TV news says that Obama sleeps late and is never on time to any meetings. In the first three weeks he was seen at a school looking haggard and telling kids "I just had to get out of the White House for a while' . He takes Air Force One for a three day jaunt to Chicago for Valentines Day. And now the Obama s have declared Wednesday Night to be party night at the White House.

He never works. He's so used to not having a real job and just running for office his entire life. Frankly .. he's lazy.

[edit on 3/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join