It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. panel says world should ditch dollar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With a good friend like the UN,

Who needs enemies.

Time to get out of the UN and kick them out of the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeBeans

Well, as I said before, more fiat currency will only make more inflation doesn't matter who's printing it.

Marge, That may have been the plan, but oil is inferior to gold in the sense that it can be consumed, thereby depleting the monetary backing. Gold maintains its base and adds to it through mining (labor), which allows for the necessary monetary growth to support economic growth. Stability is really what we want in a currency, as we're about to find out.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Dollars, euros, pounds, rubles. It's all going to go away someday. It will eventually be a one currency world. That currency will be credit. You will be issued credits.

These credits will be levied against debits and there would be no actual paper money associated with a government.

Agreed, money is slowly going the way of credit only. I know very few people who carry cash around on a regular basis and usually when they do they are taking it to a bank. In the store I work at I can count on one hand the number of times a day cash is used and still have fingers to spare. Debit and credit are used 85% of the time. Even buying a coffee I've noticed people using credit increasingly more often.

Pretty soon everything will be digital and there will be no real backing for the "money" people are spending. The best currency the world could have is gold, it is real, it is there, you don't have it written on a peice of paper that that paper is "worth" that much. Or better yet, bring back the barter system! Neither is likely to happen.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Psygod]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
After the drop of the dollar, they will ask for a global currency. But then that will fail (too much counterfeiting), and they will ask for something better...a chip perhaps?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
And in other breaking news ...

The U.S. Treasury Department issued a statement encouraging the rest of the world to ditch the U.N. Panel, stating the panel itself was what was bad for the dollar, not the dollar itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

except that it is the dollar, not the UN panel.
Actually its the US govt. and federal reserve for printing money out of no-where...
or were you trying to be funny?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
And in other breaking news ...

The U.S. Treasury Department issued a statement encouraging the rest of the world to ditch the U.N. Panel, stating the panel itself was what was bad for the dollar, not the dollar itself.

Whoa... is this true?

I'd love it if it were... so ballsy

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
After the drop of the dollar, they will ask for a global currency. But then that will fail (too much counterfeiting), and they will ask for something better...a chip perhaps?

Actually if you read the article, this one says a "basket full of currencies" so maybe a more diversified market?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join