It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Obama isn't capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.
We are in a crisis situation. There isn't time to play games with the press.
That's what this is .. playing games with the press.

Originally posted by seagull
Do you spend your whole day working? Without a break?

I'm not the POTUS and I"m not trying to run a country that is in the midst of a massive downward spiral. He's BETTER be spending the whole day working. His whole life has been a vacation up to this point. He's only been working for 7 weeks. The nitwit has 3 years and 10 months left to go.

From TV reports it appears that Obama isn't up for the job.
He's late to everything. He's screwing up what he touches.
His appointments stink of corruption and tax evasion.

After just 3 weeks he ran away from the white house to hang out with little kids. "I just had to get out of the white house for a while' he said to them as he looked beat and tired. Then he flew Air Force One to Chicago for a three day vacation with Mrs. O. And the gray hairs have already started - and it's only been 7 weeks.

Of course .. Obama hasn't really had to work. He's been campaigning his entire life. Now he's got to settle down and actually do something.

It's a 24/7 job. The guy can't handle the job.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Two Mods on my butt about the topic, I don't think that is fair.

I kinda think KosmicJack is agreeing with you to some degree .. not on your butt at all. As for seagull .... well .... that's another story.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Two Mods on my butt about the topic, I don't think that is fair.

I kinda think KosmicJack is agreeing with you to some degree .. not on your butt at all. As for seagull .... well .... that's another story.

I am getting a little nervous, usually mods don't attack the topics worth,

I mean come on.

There are many levels of information posted here, sheese just change the channel.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If some of you, not just you FF, would look past your political bias', you'd agree that he can't be working constantly in the Oval Office without going insane, or killing himself.

Mr. Obama could, in my opinion, be doing a better job. That much we agree on...however, the Republic isn't going to fail and fall because he's filling out his brackets. Part of leadership is not letting the troops see you sweat, or in his case the voters.

In three years plus, there will be a referendum on his administration, not to mention the midterms in just over a year and a half.

We went on and on about "doom and gloom" attitude from him both prior to and during the election process. Now he's stepped back from that a bit, he's being too frivolous. The poor guy can't win...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
While I am sure that other Presidents have done this in the past, I don't think any of them have publicized it and had it aired on the news and major sports channels.

:shk:

Yes, the guy has to take a break every once in a while. But, take a break and be with your family, take a nap, shoot some hoops at the White House.

Don't run around like a celebrity, publicizing your picks for the NCAA and appearing on the Tonight Show.

Not everything is a photo op.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Don't run around like a celebrity, publicizing your picks for the NCAA and appearing on the Tonight Show.

Not everything is a photo op.

I predicted this. Can't remember the thread though. The guy's an attention whore. I don't have a problem with him taking time to do his picks though.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow people need to lighten up. Its nice to actually have a president that comes and mingles with the peons once in awhile like the town meetings, late shows, and even something as simple as filling out tourney brackets. It still doesnt change how I feel about the guy for I see no difference between anyone in Washington but hey at least he mingles with the common folk

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't, either.

But, I do have a problem with him using that "break" from work as a photo op. Hell, footage was on ESPN, ESPN2, all the major cable news channels, and most of the network nightly news broadcasts.

He needs to do these things on his own time and not make everything into a photo op. He is the President of the US....not Paris Hilton.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I am sorry kosmic, we were conditioned for this, you know, the cult of personality.

Boy you hit that one on the Head.......www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by j2000]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by j2000]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I actually agree with the others that him making picks isnt a big deal. And even if I dont like our president, I too think he should be well rested and relaxed as much as possible. A stressed out, tired president does nobody any good.

But his campaigning and behaving like he is some Hollywood celebrity is becoming ridiculous and wrong.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
God, this must be the end of the world.

This Tar Heel fan actually agrees with Mike Krzyzewski.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

But his campaigning and behaving like he is some Hollywood celebrity is becoming ridiculous and wrong.

He does love the camera, that much is true.

Getting his message out is important, but appearing on Leno is maybe a little much...I guess we'll see.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Everything he does no matter what is a photo op, he is prob. the most recognized face on the planet right now. If he were my president, i know that i would want someone who is in touch with the real world. If you work 24/7, your stressed, irittable, irrational and tired. This can lead to poor decisions, cut the guy a break. Dude likes basketball, its probally a passion of his, whether he is the pres or not, he still a human who has to live a life. This guy should be more of a celeb, it makes him seem more approachable. Why does everyone take everythign soooooo serious. Sure your country is in shambles but ya know what, he has a right to a personal life too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

No one is saying he doesn't have a right to a personal life.

I just have a problem with him "publicizing" his personal life like a celebrity attention whore.

He is the President of the US. There is dignity and respect associated with the office. Him using his "free time" as photo ops and sucking up to the media doesn't bear much respect or dignity in my mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If I was that coach I would keep my mouth shut. Sports are facing serious economic issues too. Whether it is your team or not, Obama is giving the sport some support. Anybody else would be happy with a plug.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is what happens when you to to Chicago to shoot hoops,

www.thehopeforamerica.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

ce-leb-ri-ty 
1. a famous or well-known person.
2. fame; renown

I do believe he is a celebrity, not acting like one.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

He is not a celebrity. He is the President.

Paris Hilton is a celebrity.
Britney Spears is a celebrity.
Lindsay Lohen is a celebrity.

Barack Obama is the President of the USA.

If you can't see the difference in the two, then none of us here can help you. Most people who get elected President don't run around acting like they are up for an Oscar or a People's Choice Award.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Yes he is President. But he's also, for several reasons, a celebrity. In our celeb fueled culture I don't see how that can be avoided...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Maybe for the average American....maybe they view him as a "celebrity". Of course, the mentality of the average American is the topic for a whole other thread......

But, as the President, he doesn't have to feed off of that and shouldn't be playing into it. It is not right and it is not flattering to him.....especially when one looks at the position this country is in now.

Take a break and relax. That's fine.

Don't publicize your NCAA picks on every channel on TV and then go on the Tonight Show the following evening when the country you lead is in the middle of a downward spiral into possible economic collapse.

It's tacky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join