It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN,

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

The bracket is a nonissue on that we seem to be agreed. I hope?

The tonight show thing is a bit more nebulous to my mind. I think it depends on what happens during the bit. I think condemning it ahead of time is a mistake. A simple interview? Nothing wrong with that. A comedy routine, I'll have a problem with that, and we won't be arguing about any more...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It would be a non-issue if he didn't publicize it on every channel that shows anything resembling news. That bothers me....him picking his "picks" doesn't bother me, but the publicizing of it does. But, that's just me.

As for the Tonight Show......that isn't nebulous. Isn't this the first time a sitting President will be doing a show like that? What could be the reason except to soak up "celebrity status" which shouldn't even have a part in the office of President?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Who knows, maybe all the publicity is a way to try and fool ppl into thinking everything is ok. Ppl see the pres. picking his picks and having fun and it might make them feel better about the current situation. Not saying if it is, that its right. But it could be a distraction plan to make ppl feel that everything is ok or at least getting better. I'm not American, so i guess i am not an authority on his work or things of that matter. But, he gave a lot of ppl hope when he got elected, false hope or not, in times this tough hope can go a long way.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hilarious that people think the government can actually control the economy. Do people think that?

Of course TPTB want people to have the impression that they can control everything. There are even people in the government who believe their own rhetoric.

In the good times, they are a passenger.

In the bad times they are a back seat driver.

As far as I'm concerned, Obama could take a six month holiday only replying to the odd email if he felt like it. I would say: Good for you, Mr President.

For crying out loud, the guy works what? A twenty one hour day?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

We've come to the portion of the conversation where we agree to disagree.

I certainly understand where you're coming from, though I don't agree with the severity of the issue. That, of course, may change after the appearance on Leno tonight.

As I said, we'll see.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Obama is acting more like a celebrity than a President. But hey that's what's cool to him and his followers. At least I sure haven't seen ANY criticism whatsoever from Obamatrons.

THAT is because Obama is 1000% incompetent to be in ANY government position, especially President. There is NOTHING presidential about him. He had ZERO experience to run this country - as EVERYONE is now seeing (even if they refuse to admit it). And he is a fumbling idiot now.

I swear to God I think there is a big photo of an ASS in the Oval office with "how to screw up the country" or "how to show what a complete incompetent man I am" items in various places on that ASS. And they put a blindfold on Obama, spin him around, he aims, and whatever he hits that is the task and topic of the day.

We now have Ringling Brothers running our country and Obama and Pelosi are the head Bozo the Clowns. And all of congress are the chimps that are loose out of their cages. And Biden is behind the tent smoking up a "happy plant" with the sideshow freaks.

I never thought that 2012 would be such a wonderful date to see. Normally I associate it with end of the world freaks.
Now I associate with the end of a ridiculous man who somehow got voted into office.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

why don't you tell us how you really feel? I mean don't hold back, just let it out.

Take a deep breath. Now, isnt' that better?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
If some of you, not just you FF, would look past your political bias', you'd agree that he can't be working constantly in the Oval Office ...

Sure. But he hasn't worked enough even to work up a lather let alone earn all the off time he's taking.

Originally posted by mybigunit
Its nice to actually have a president that comes and mingles with the peons once in awhile ...

How about he actually do some work FIRST .. THEN mingle with us sheeple?

Originally posted by skeptic1
I just have a problem with him "publicizing" his personal life like a celebrity attention whore.

There ya' go. Exactly. He's made himself into a product instead of a working POTUS. That's my beef. If the guy wants to pick his favorite basketball teams .. I don't care. It's his whoring for the camera ... the Leno thing ... I mean .. comeon ...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How about he actually do some work FIRST .. THEN mingle with us sheeple? ...

Would you rather him be in Washington working on our destruction or the Jay Leno show..... I say to Jay.."Stall Him"

[edit on 19-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
^^^ For once, I agree with you, mbu!

The headline for this article was:
Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

Today he's filming a session for the Tonight Show. He's been on TV several times playing Joe Six-pack and picking his NCAA bracket choices.

I agree with Coach K - enough with the games, time to get to work.

Rome is burning, Obama. Stop fiddling around! No job that I know gives you a vacation after only 2 month's work.

And I'd guess it took a lot more than 20 minutes to set up security, etc. All this was was a photo-op for Barry to appeal to Joe Six-pack.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Guys, the Duke coach wasn't being serious. He said it because Obama did not put Duke in the final 4. Either did I.

It amazes me how politics makes people insane. No one can or should work 100% of the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How about he actually do some work FIRST .. THEN mingle with us sheeple? ...

Would you rather him be in Washington working on our destruction or the Jay Leno show..... I say to Jay.."Stall Him"

[edit on 19-3-2009 by mybigunit]

OMG that's priceless.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This particular incident is inconsequential and is exactly the kind of thing that a president should do in such times.

President Roosevelt refused to put professional sports on hold during WWII because sports were deemed to be important for national morale.

Obama can be faulted for much, but taking a few minutes to pick his basketball favorites isn't one of them.

As far as the Leno appearance, we're going to just have to wait and see what comes of this.

It almost certainly will be a softball interview, but it might be a good venue for the president to build confidence in his policies.

If however, Leno is the only venue the president feels comfortable at this very difficult time, it doesn't bode well, but all this remains to be seen.

Clearly, we have a president who is not going to approach the job in a such a manner as has ever been done before.

We're obviously in for a change, whether or not it will be change we can believe in is questionable.

I was talking to an Obama supporter at my favorite haunt yesterday and he's upset that in his words, "Obama is letting Nancy Pelosi run the country."

For myself, I'm reserving any broad assessment until more time has passed.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Pffft, oh c'mon! The man does need some down time!

Even if he is running the country into the ground.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
I'm sure he took a # sometime on Tuesday too...don't have the source for that though otherwise Id already have it up on breaking news.
I'm no cheerleader for the guy but seriously...

But seriously what exactly?

Please explain, the sun isn't exactly shining on the the USA right now, the economy is tanking (tanked) we're still in two wars, we have record unemployment, spending trillions we do not have on programs we do not need, people are suffering and executives are stealing whats left..

So you please explain to me how it is with all this turbulence in America that our President has the time to sit down with Jay Leno and make tournement picks?

Whats next? An interview with Joy Behar and the fun bunch the day Hasselbeck is convieniently "on vacation"? How about Larry King, Matt Lauer or an evening at the Oscars? Is he joining fantasy baseball?

to me (and to many others) this guy is quickly becoming a mistake.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Great leader, who is going to win the golf obama, while the economy is going bankrupt.

Useless leader compared to putin, i doubt he could hold a real conversation with putin, on internetional history and affairs.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Whats next? An interview with Joy Behar

Dear God no.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Pffft, oh c'mon! The man does need some down time!

Check out this thread - White House Chic
I don't think the guy ever works. Maybe that's a good thing.
Our destruction will come more slowly.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join