It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this plane REALLY a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I thought when I first clicked on the vid that it was going to be something silly, just some plane fly and going out of focus, but it's not, it looks like an airliner, but it stops and dips down vertically really fast, then continues a little and dips down vertical really fast behind the trees.

Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Weaving Spider

looked like a yf 22 but I don't think they can do that. maybe the photo guys here can disect this one. Check with Aramap and internos.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I really didn't see it do anything spectacular. It looked like maybe a Global Hawk UAV at one point, but he couldn't hold the camera steady long enough to identify it. The sudden drop at the end could be attributed to many things.

It could have hit microbursts which would cause it to drop suddenly and look like it was falling. That low it was probably coming in for a landing, which means that it was throttling down too, which would let it drop down low.

There are a couple of VTOL aircraft flying out there. Where exactly was this taken?

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

if it hit a micro burst and dropped that quickly that close to the ground, I would assume the pilot dropped a little something as well. I tend to think it is more of an illusion, but I don't have the knowlege to prove that. I hope if it dropped like it appears, that is was supposed to.

I know the yf22 are supposed to be able to stop in mid air and turn. But that is not what this looked like. I heard the pilot blacks out and the plane turns and flys straignt and level untill the pilot regains consiousness. Anything to that?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looks like it might be an A-10 . This is a close air support fighter that is quite maneuverable .

After re-watching the video, I now see what you are talking about. It is quite strange actually. The plane appears to stop forward movement and drop vertically 3 times. I'm also retracting the A-10 comment, as it appears to have a single tail surface, although it is difficult to tell. Could this be a camera artifact from image stabilization?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by SeanU]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I heard the pilot blacks out and the plane turns and flys straignt and level untill the pilot regains consiousness. Anything to that?

This is true. GLOC auto recovery has been around since the F-16

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The video is so bad, and the camera is moving so much.
The plane could be on a stand for all we know.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SeanU

That just seems to put an awfull lot of faith in a machine. God bless them for doing it, but I will stay awake and grounded.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It looked to me like the leaves on the plant moved to the left and a little bit upwards as if hit by a gust of wind coming from the right giving the impression of the plane dipping down all of a sudden. Wish someone could make a stabilized version of this video.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that the video itself pauses, for lack of a better term, when the plane drops? Almost like the operator was anticipating the movement of the craft.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Weaving Spider
I thought when I first clicked on the vid that it was going to be something silly, just some plane fly and going out of focus, but it's not, it looks like an airliner, but it stops and dips down vertically really fast, then continues a little and dips down vertical really fast behind the trees.

Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

what?...it's so obvious the "tree branches moved UP in the video, the camera moved in relationship to the tree, the plane didn't suddenly drop.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SeanU

You are correct. Most "A" planes have an air brake.

It is basically a big door that opens to the front on the bottom of the plane.

They use it to come in hot, and then quickly slow to target, or tight turns.

I've been in combat simulation training with them attacking us and it's pretty wild at what they can do. A-7's also can do this.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To be honest I would love to agree that this is some optical illusion, but whatever the explanation I have a feeling its weirder than that. Plus , I know its a crap vid , but it would be lovely to get another vid of a regular plane with a similar cam, just to see if an identifiable craft looks any different . To be honest , that plane appeared strange to me from the first clear shot of it .

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Planes can't do what that plane did in the video. It's probably inserted, i.e. a hoax.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Planes can't do what that plane did in the video. It's probably inserted, i.e. a hoax.

I don't think it's a hoax, the dude who took the vid is mentally ill, he thinks that the birds sitting on the power lines by his house are "demon birds", they are actually just pigeons. He also thinks that there are demons in trees watching him all the time, when he get's really messed up on his meds (to treat his metal problems, go figure
) he makes some really tragically awful films, the only thing that really gets me watching any of his incredibly exaggerated and poorly filmed stuff (btw, he uses a tape video camera, not a HDD camera), is the fact that he films some actual ufos, they're pretty good too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is an old video, I've seen it before and I thought it was proven a hoax (anyway) aside from the fact its HORRIBLY done. Someone filmed a commercial airline, took it into after effects and messed around with it some. Stupid..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
This is an old video, I've seen it before and I thought it was proven a hoax (anyway) aside from the fact its HORRIBLY done. Someone filmed a commercial airline, took it into after effects and messed around with it some. Stupid..

Once agian, the guy who filmed this is mentally ill, he barely knows how to operate his camera.

You are a liar, prove yourself, show us the thread that you claim proved this to be a hoax.
You are trying to explain away this, you think people will believe you though because you claim that it has "already been proven to be a fake", when in fact it hasn't. you also mention After Effects, true, this could be done in after effects, but the man who filmed this is not competent enough to run After Effects, this is real film transcoded to video through a program he has on his xp os computer. I truly feel sorry for the delusional man.

Tell me, does a sane person film pigeons and claim that they are "Demon Birds"?

does a sane person film a car mirror inside of his garage and claim there are demons or aliens in the mirror?

Does a sane person film a street light and claim it's a demon?

This man is not sane, he has some serious problems, he's also very paranoid, he has no reason to fake this stuff.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I don't think it's a hoax

Of course you don't think it's a hoax. Not one single UFO video posted is ever a hoax because people want to believe so badly. Planes CANNOT do what this plane does and the motion is more indicative of the insertion of the plane into the video. I really don't care if he's mentally ill or not. Somebody inserted this plane into the video.

Maybe that's been this person's M.O. all along. Make you think they are a certain way to gain more credibility. Unless you know the person personally, don't presume that this is not a hoax. He obviously knows how to get the videos off of his camera and onto his computer and then upload them to YouTube.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Honestly, getting a video off a camera and getting it onto a computer is not that hard to do, anyone can do that, especially if they have the software the camera came with.

Of course planes can't do what that plane did, but I don't think it's a ufo, I just think it's a really strange thing that happened.

You have absolutely no proof that this was done as a hoax, I work with After Effects all the time and can tell you, working with video quality this horrible is incredibly hard to do. to be able to get the focal blur right, along with acurate camera tracking and blur at the right levels, you have to be a real pro, because working with footage like that is next to impossible, unless you have high quality footage and transcode it to where it's a much worse quality, which could be the case, but this guy is mentally unstable.
I've actually talked to the guy on another forum, he thinks that if I watch the videos, demons will get me, he was really reluctant to tell me whee the videos where at first, but he finally gave in. He was originally wanting people to pray for him because he was afraid he was going to get taken, he didn't mention the video at first, only after I asked him if he had any photos of any of the craft that he claims to have seen.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You have absolutely no proof that this was done as a hoax

Sure I do and I'll make it a little more clear than what I did in my last post. Ready?

PLANES CAN'T DO THAT!

Again, you can keep spinning it anyway you like, but since planes can't do that, there's only one conclusion. With the number of hoaxes happening almost daily, this falls right in line.

There's really nothing else to say in this thread. Moving on....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join