It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow, nobody can say you're not thorough!
But still, the video shows pictures of the moon, says what he did to them to test his hypothesis that they had been tampered with and then shows you the end result. If nothing else it shows that somebody has been tampering with the photographs.
As for your idea that the tape was used on some of the pictures to create a larger picture, stitching the photo's together, etc, I don't think that's a fair answer. In some of the tape pictures the tape is placed in the middle of the picture or follows the horizon as if hiding something.
What would be a good idea is if someone got in touch with the maker of the video and asked him what exactly he did to the pictures, what programmes or software he used, and then recreated the experiment to see if you ended up with the same fascinating results. If I had the time, and knowledge, I'd have a go myself.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to look at, what I think, is a very interesting video.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

He says what he did with the photos on the video (mostly colour replacement and change of brightness), and that was what I did to see what photos were affected and what photos were not affected.

As I said, most of the photos that look like the ones on the video are from Keith Laney's site, so maybe he used those images.

I will post some of the photos with my version of the "treatment" he gave them later

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Photo AS15-91-12343 from Keith Laney's site, resized to fit ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/541df076121b.png[/atsimg]

I opened the image in GIMP (a free image editor) and, on the "Levels" dialog, changed the white point from 255 to 25, and this is how it looks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bb658b86f2a.png[/atsimg]

Now, the same photo from one of the NASA sites.

First, without any changes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d760fbc07bc3.png[/atsimg]

After the same processing as the first photo.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac0df9b865e.png[/atsimg]

Somethings are noticeable:
First, the whole sky become lighter, unlike on the first photo.
Second, the image suffers from high JPEG compression, there are many artifacts present.
Third, the image has less colours after the processing that the first photo, because it had less contrast.

So, as you can see, this photo was altered, but the altered version is not on NASA servers, it's on a private server.

I can show you the processing of more photos, but only tomorrow.

I still have to look for the photos with the tape, but I did not forget about it, or about the photos with the stars.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Some photos that show stars (or planets) taken from Moon orbit, showing that stars can appear on photos.

AS15-98-13311
AS15-98-13377
AS16-124-19887
AS16-124-19904
AS17-154-23647

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To be very clear, It is not my intent to stoke / redirect this thread in any way. Like most of you, I am enjoying the wonderful work by Armap et al to expose ( no pun intended, I promise) evidence of image tampering etc.

But since many of you monitoring this thread have demonstrated extensive knowledge within this realm, I have a brief question that has puzzled me a long while relating to the time delays of the NASA and Apollo communications. I understand about the quindar(sp?) tones etc.

My question is: "During the recorded "live" transmissions, are the delays between Mission Control and Apollo consistent and reasonable with what you might expect for the distances and technology available in that era? Are any suspect?" ( Too short?)

(I realize when watching Documentaries that the gaps would naturally be
tightened in post production editing to minimize lag and hold viewer interest.)

Once again, thanks to Whisper67 ( another Star for you * ) and the many others for contributing to a topic of keen interest to me. I wish it could never end.

Kind Regards......KK

[edit on 1-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
My question is: "During the recorded "live" transmissions, are the delays between Mission Control and Apollo consistent and reasonable with what you might expect for the distances and technology available in that era? Are any suspect?" ( Too short?)

First off, it's important to remember that there is no delay in mission control's responses to hearing the astronauts. Once a message is received by either end it's possible for a response from that end to be immediate. Simple enough, but it's easy to forget when listening. With that in mind though, high schoolers have measured the delay in echoes of communications (which sometimes happens when a signal from houston is retransmitted back to earth through the astronaut's mic) during apollo and used it to calculate the distance of the moon to 3 digits.
arxiv.org...
Using the long final apollo mission, they were even able to detect the change in the delay over the course of the mission due to the eccentricity of the moon's orbit, which fit with the expected value.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Amazing, thanks.
I am wordless.

2nd line: I am still wordless.

Regards......KK

[edit on 1-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey, RFBurns, you said you were going to go and find those hidden tapes in attics that confirm the conversation that started the thread -- any luck?

As I recall, you admitted that you had never seen or heard any such tapes but were sure they existed somewhere and would believe the transcript was genuine -- until debunkers had searched every attic and trash heap in the solar system to establish that no such tapes existed. and then you would conclude that this proves the conspiracy cover-uppers had found and destroyed them?

Naw, you didn't quite say that -- it's an April Fool's day stretch.

So what's the progress on the search you promised?

Any more delicious insider space info to share, from your imaginary friends deep within the NASA programs?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Most of the old-timers are already familiar with the info below, but for the benefit of any newcomers it might be beneficial. Below is a link to Honeysuckle Creek Tracking station tribute website. It offers a behind the scenes look at technology of the era. Also includes Radio transmission audio of Apollo 11. ( Tampered with by NASA, of course.
)

Anywho, like I said, nothing breakthrough, but interesting nonetheless. Hours and hours of pure reading enjoyment and Apollo goodness. ( Referenced many times on ATS.)

www.honeysucklecreek.net...

OK, I'm busted. It is a thread bump to remind RF Burns we are waiting on the secret Ham
recordings. Status?

Regards.........KK

[edit on 7-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Apollo Astronauts didn't even make orbit. Though the ships made the moon. They didn't even make "blast-off".
Decoy

jra

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Apollo Astronauts didn't even make orbit. Though the ships made the moon. They didn't even make "blast-off".
Decoy

I don't suppose you happen to have the slightest shred of evidence to support that claim? It's really easy to say things like that, but it's another if you can back it up with something.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Decoy

I'll 2nd jra's request for data.

Are you suggesting a "Capricorn One" type scenario? Or Gus Grissom type stuff?

I sit perched atop the barbed-wire fence on this issue and would enjoy any compelling evidence. (Proof might be too strong a word.) As these barbs are sharp and I'd like to leap.

(BTW, The last line was added to comply with the new minimum character per post rule.) I had nothing more to say. Apparently, a random number generator now dictates the approved length of worthy contribution.

Robots are taking over the World!

Regards...KK

[edit on 14-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
:: Does the bump with KK ::

Can we get an update on the status of the recordings? I'm breathlessly waiting.

Here's a pic of me now: :shk: *gasp* I've gone blue in the face waiting!

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I suspect that while we are doing the "bump" the person who had promised the recordings is doing the "hustle."

C'mon everybody....It's to fun to stay at the Y----M----C----A...........

Regards......KK

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

Why do people ride around with their car stereos playing loud? Maybe they know its their neighborhood and they dont really care.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Time to call for a summary judgment of default against RFBurns and his phantom 'secret recordings' from his imaginary friends 'inside' the space program.

Those babies were never 'huge' except in overheated imaginations. Story debunked. Move on.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

What if they actually were Giant Babies. I don't know, stranger things have happened. I'd have to believe they actually went first, but the thought of Giant babies on the Moon sounds cool.

Gerber baby angry. Gerber baby eat spacemen. Gerber baby happy on the moon.

Giant baby giggle...

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You're going to say that the same day Apollo astronaut Mitchell continues to come forward on MSM and other outlets?

Let's not be too hasty in de-bunking.

Loved the gerber comment! "Lighten up Francis!"

Edit: spell check!

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Whisper67]

jra

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
You're going to say that the same day Apollo astronaut Mitchell continues to come forward on MSM and other outlets?

But Edgar Mitchell doesn't claim to have any first hand experience with UFO's or Aliens. He, like many people here, just believes they're around, but doesn't have any proof. Just his opinions.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Whisper67

But Edgar Mitchell doesn't claim to have any first hand experience with UFO's or Aliens. He, like many people here, just believes they're around, but doesn't have any proof. Just his opinions.

Who was that other Apollo moon walker who believed that Noah's Ark was still atop Mt. Ararat?

Did that make it so, that he 'believed' it?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join