It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuff White People Like.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Not sure how I ran into this? Think off a forum post saying white people like st patricks day...

Stuff White People Like

a few of my favs:

123: Television is one of the keys to a white person’s heart. A proper reference to Arrested Development or the lending of a Wire Season on DVD are considered two of the easiest and most cost effective ways of getting a white person to like you. But with both of those shows off the air, their utility is being quickly depleted. Thankfully, there is Mad Men.

#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore

#108 Appearing to enjoy Classical Music

#107 Self Aware Hip Hop References
This distaste caused a dilemma for white people who had to show both that they loved hip hop but also that they were aware they were white. The brilliant solution they came up with was to appropriate hip hop words and mannerisms and filter them through a white appropriateness system.

For example, white people find it particularly hilarious to take slang and enunciate every word perfectly.

“Homey, that bernaise sauce you made is wack. Do you know what I am saying? For Real.”

“Well, I used a different type of butter. I switched the style up, so let the haters hate and I’ll watch the deliciousness pile up.”

Since the above exchange involves people who are very aware of their whiteness it is hilarious, but if it were to be said by wiggers, it would be tragic. The difference is subtle but essential.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
wow, ummmm, I don't know what to say to that.

the only one of the ones you posted that I like is TV, but I don't think only white people like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I must be a white person from another planet.
:shk:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Not amusing to be honest.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Who wrote this crap? A site devoted to things that White people like?

I find this quite disturbing as it is not accurate, and pretty darn ridiculous.

What a waste of time!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Whoa, who let butthurt out?

iced: its a joke.

Phoenix: I was amused at the responses.

Access: Possibly?

Blanca: Feel free to take it to the streets and protest.

80s Nite: If you ever find yourself wanting to take your relationship with white people to the next level, one of the best places to meet a potential partner is at any 80s night event in your local city.

White people cannot get enough of 80s music, partially out of nostalgia, and partially since it was the last time that pop music wasn’t infused with hip-hop or R n’ B stylings. Artists like Joy Division, New Order and Elvis Costello were all pretty well respected and had solid runs at the charts. Also, less respected artists like Wham, Rick Astley and Cameo are still easy for white people to dance to.

If you are in a social situation and wish to turn into one more condusive for romance, you should always ask “does anyone know a club with a good 80s night?” at which point the entire group of white people are likely to invite you to an event.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sea salt? Ugly sweater parties?! Promising to learn a new language.. (after much deliberation I've finally got that one down pat..)

'Mad men' I'd have to agree with. . .

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've seen that blog before. The guy sort-of has a cult following. Which I don't really get. Its not like he blogs everyday, but I guess people like it because I think he has a book out too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
AM talk radio

Lite Beer

Cheese sandwiches

Other white people

and this guy

Oh yeah, I'm a white people and especially fond of glazed donuts and pie.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

#2 Religions that their parents don’t belong to

White people will often say they are “spiritual” but not religious. Which usually means that they will believe any religion that doesn’t involve Jesus.

Popular choices include Buddhism, Hinduism, Kabbalah and, to a lesser extent, Scientology. A few even dip into Islam, but it’s much more rare since you have to give stuff up and actually go to Mosque.

Mostly they are into religion that fits really well into their homes or wardrobe and doesn’t require them to do very much.

#7 Diversity
White people love ethnic diversity, but only as it relates to restaurants.

everything listed seems to revolve around the idea that whites are wimpy, materialistic snobs that like to going to the op-er-a and have token black friends. must be the american humour I'm not getting.

each to their own.. there are worse sites around.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

nope.. thats just americans.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Aww poor little fella.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by whaaa

nope.. thats just americans.

nuh uh, All my Mexican amigos like pie but they prefer pan dulce to donuts. OK, OK you are half right and so am I.

Could I buy you a nice cold Coors Lite?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
..I had to google coors lite.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I actually enjoy classical music. No pretending there. Moonlight Sonata is one of my favs.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It might be right as far as the music goes - do black people still listen to Soul, Blues or Tamla Motown? They're my favourites.

The thing about religion made me laugh - it's sort of my hobby. And yeah, Buddhism and Hinduism, Scientology, Kabbalah, Hermeticism.

Am I a stereotype?

PS Lysergic - PLEASE put your avatar back.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Jebus christ! Is that racists or what...........

what if we did something like: Stuff brown people like...or Stuff black people like............the naacp would be on us so fast..........

On the flipside ........... Stereotypical stuff I think is funnier than hell. We should all laugh at that stuff.

As a white guy, I still haven't totally found the stereotypical stuff that matches me....but i still call my self white trash or trailer trash (lived in a couple for years!). Still really haven't heard any white racist stuff that bothers me.........I think it is funny!

Git r done!!!

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Oolon]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I dont like any of those things.

I like...

Riding high performance motorcycles

Living a spiritual European nature based Shaman path (Hedgerider)

Every kind of music except hip hop

Running lights and siren to a scene

Nature

Camping

Flirting with world class beautiful women

Not being like anyone else

And at least a million other things that most cannot keep up with

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Flirting with world class beautiful women

Not being like anyone else

Now hold on there a minute Lonegunman. Every white guy Iv'e ever know likes to flirt with world class beautiful women.

How is that "not being like anyone else"???

Now flirting with barnyard animals is fairly unique.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I love StuffWhitePeopleLike
I think it's one of the funniest sites going.

I dunno, maybe you had to grow up in Connecticut to get it

Thanks for the reminder lysergic, I haven't dropped by there in months.

edit to say: then again, the friend who showed it to me first grew up in Minnesota, so I guess it doesn't have to be CT.

Another edit, since I just noticed some people are yelling anti-white racism:

The author is white himself. He's poking fun at his own life and his own surroundings. You know, laughing at himself -- it's good therapy, everyone should try it

[edit on 3/19/2009 by americandingbat]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join