It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies and family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hi
I just want to ask a simple question really. Why would any family member want to lie about Ufo's to another part of their family?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If you could elaborate on this please?
Second line.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
unless they are part of some secret organisiation, then surely it would be open topic??

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"I wouldn't touch that with a 39 and a half-foot pole."

2nd line

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Tons of reasons.

The most obvious being:

1. They work for a government and cant tell you for reasons of national security / your life.

2. They don't want to be seen as being insane.

3. They don't want you to be seen as being insane.

4. They know too much and you know makes you a target.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
They don't want to put there family in danger.
The men in black would probably be listening to them, and come and kill all of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Maybe that member of your family knows something that will forever change your life, and wants you to at least live free of this knowledge until the last minute?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
With knowledge comes responsibility and a loss of innocence.

There are allot of secrets in our world some of which might enhance your life and others that might be a burden for everything you do the rest of your life.

Preserving the innocence of loved ones rather than divulging a truth is not a selfish act.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I understand and empathise with the attitudes of some of the other posters on this thread, who believe that lying to you could be a protection mechanism , and that this in itself is no bad thing. However I cannot agree with such a position.
No body with even a shred of sanity left, could possibly think that lying and keeping secrets is a good way to promote long life and happiness. The fact is that all people have a right to all the available information on ANY given subject, not just about UFO. I have been lied to by family ... my mother once told me that my father loved me very much ... he disowned me five years ago, and that might not have bothered me so much had I been aware that he thought I was less than crap. You see where Im going with this ?
Its better that everyone knows everything there is to know, that way no one has more or less information to mess other people up with .

top topics

join