It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Openly Gay GIs Booted in January

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Thats it.

I'm done, you are a thick headed individual who cannot grasp a simple concept.

You are now on the ignore list.

No thats fine. You cant have a real debate with a non-fringer, by yourself might I add, so then you bail out. Im not surprised.

Constitution first. You either put it first or you dont. It doesnt only apply when it suits your argument.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Im sorry, but S.G. isnt grasping the main concept of this.
DONT ASK DONT TELL. Thats policy. Whats so hard to understand?
I really cant talk to that dude/girl without popping a blood vessel.
Hey, that ignore feature does kick ass.
I never used it till now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

How many times can you really type constitution in one thread..lol

The constitution is an outline on how our founding fathers wanted this country run. They did not forsee all the crap that the future held. Had they been able to predict the abuse of that peice of paper, and if they knew people would take advantage of it is such SICK ways...it would of been much more different. But of course back then they weren't dealing with the retarded issues man has created these days.

Unfortunatly the common day political correctness BS has blurred the actual and true meaning of each amendment...hence why this country is failing and being held together by the few of us who TRULY understand the founding fathers intentions....and I promise you...what you see and hear in this country today is NOT what they had in mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but from watching "stargate sg1", I'm kind of under the impression that US service men and women are prohibited from fraternising with each other. Am I wrong?. I would assume that this regulation would hold for both heterosexual and homosexual relationships. I agree with the common sense dude, these guys knew the rules and probably just wanted out of the military.
On other threads i've read about these proposed civil forces in the US, will these regulations apply to them too?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Its hard for a civilian understand that the military is a separate entity, with its own rules and codes. You're talking about a civilian law or code applied to military personnel. That doesnt happen. The military is a completely separeted system with their own "everything", codes, laws, prisons, hospitals, courts, etc etc and you seem to completely ignore that because you have no idea how the military works, and distorting what other people say from your "new age libertarian communist-anarchist, peace for all, give me my ipod and my iphone lets go to starbucks" point of view.

I dont know where are you from, but this applies to every country: Feel free to say anything and do everything you want knowing theres an army out there ready to die for the liberties and rights of new-age-ipods like you that dont care.

I'll quote a very controversial but true dialogue from a movie which I think its the best line you could ever hear on a movie:

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
With the economy on the downturn and military enlistment ranks swelling with desperate people wanting a future or the ability to support their families, the military can afford to toss out the 'undesirables'.

This will happen again and again. In moments of desperation, the matter will be ignored, in moments of excess, the matter will be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would not want to be a gay person in the military. I was in the military for quite some time, and no - most of the people in the military are not ready to integrate with homosexuals.

I'm sure that to some degree, openly homosexual people are discharged for their own protection.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
you would take a gay over an ex criminal anyday...based on what??

ill take the criminal, just based on the fact he will do harm, not try to give a hug.......

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

If I was in anyone of these 11 Gays Platoons,I would be seriously concerned,let me break it gently for those Do-Gooders are Males expected to shower,bunk with Females no for privacy reasons so why should gays be allowed to live with their opposites!! and make life very uneasy.

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The problem is that humans can only keep a secret hidden for a short amount of time. Soner of later their secret would have been let out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join