It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS! Nice to meet you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey there, I was actually looking for a website that had everything paranormal and conspiracy related in one and I think I hit the jackpot. This website seems like the place to be for all such topics, so I'm very eager to read and post
The community seems to be very mature as well, which I think is absolutely necessary when talking about such topics.

Anyway, I've been into paranormal/conspiracy for a few years now. I mainly just watched documentaries on the History Channel (UFO Files, UFO Hunters) or read up on stuff online. There's just so much though, it's crazy.

My main interests are extraterrestrials, if they truly are among us. Personally, I'm beginning to not believe in the standard idea of Greys abducting people, since sleep paralysis has seemed to put the idea of being abducted to bed. However, the universe is so large, and we as humans make up so little of it; we are minuscule and tiny compared to it all, and so I think there must be more out there. Whether its intelligent, sentient beings or not, I believe life is out there.

My other interests include general conspiracy theories, which ties into aliens and what not I suppose. I don't FULLY disprove Greys and I admit I do have that "I want to believe" mentality, so government cover-ups and what not peak my interest.

I've gotten some interest out of 2012 and the Mayans as of late, but who hasn't? We've all seen it on TV and authors are making a lot of cash by talking about the subject. I'm not very knowledgeable with it but it's something to look into, regardless.

Other than that, I'm open for pretty much anything, minus ghosts and poltergeists and spirits, etc. Just not my thing.

While I try to be skeptical about the material I'm taking in, like I said, it's very tempting to WANT to believe a lot of this stuff. It's intriguing, it's different.

As far as learning more about these topics, I have been thinking about picking up a book or two. There are so many books out there on all of these subjects, but what I'm looking for specifically are books relating to my interests of extraterrestrials (possibly technologies, abductions, where they may be from, etc etc...anything!) and just general conspiracies. The author's I've looked into recently include Zecharia Sitchin and David Icke, who seem like nutcases. Stanton Friedman, who I've seen on many documentaries, has written some books as well. Jim Marrs looks good too, and it's cool he's actually on the site here.

So could you guys point me in the right direction? The books I've been eye-balling include:

The David Icke Guide to the Global Conspiracy or The Big Secret - by David Icke

Alien Agenda - Jim Marrs

Flying Saucers and Science - Stanton Friedman

I hope it's alright to ask about the books here. If it's better to ask somewhere else please point the way. Regardless, hello!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS family. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

ATS has exactly what you are looking for, so have fun browsing the boards.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Welcome.

Have fun.

Censorship begins at the person who said it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You have certainly found a place where you can learn about all the subjects you mentioned.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Yes, ATS has all of those and more.

You'll find a wide array of topics with some thought provoking debates. If you start to feel overwhelmed, take a trip downstairs to BTS where life is a bit more relaxed and we don't take ourselves so serious all the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Welcome to the best alternative topic website on the internet!

I reccomend that you just dive right in and start posting and making threads!

I look forward to seeing all of your contributions to ATS

Peace and love

GST

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey there welcome to ATS.

This place is so huge with so many different alternative topics and wide ranging views and opinions.

You should fit right in

Cheers,

Otto

top topics

join