It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natasha Richardson has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Natasha Richardson has died

news.sky.com

British actress Natasha Richardson has died in hospital after suffering a serious head injury in a skiing accident.

edit to fix text - link stretching page

[edit on 18/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
news.sky.com... News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15244613_Actress_Natasha_Richardson_Dies_After_Fall_During_Ski_Lesson_In_Canada

Shocking breaking news about the neeson family. I am really shocked, and lost for words.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I offer my sincere condolences and rest in peace!

IBT! ykwim

[edit on 18-3-2009 by albertfothergill]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What a tragedy. So sad. I know shes a celebrity and thousands of other people are dying right now but it just serves as a reminder that it's a one-way trip. Enjoy your life, your friends and family and neighbors and even anonymous internet friends. Death is scary for me right now as I just turned 41. I think I have finally accepted I'm actually going to kick the bucket one day. I hope I am 90 ++. I want to be an old firecracker because everyday brings me at least one thing to smile about.

I remember being struck by Natasha Richardson in the movie "The Handmaid's Tale". It seems like a kind of ATS movie.

Ahh well, here's to many years and delicious root beers.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The same thing happened to my friend...almost. We went skiing and she was in the lobby and fell while in a wheelchair of all things. (earlier in the day I had sat in the same wheelchair to wheel around and I almost flew backwards when I pushed forward, it was a wheelchair for athletes who like a light and nimble chair.)

Anyway, she clocked herself on the back of the head and was relatively okay for 15 minutes and then started sinking into a world of no return, a world where all she experienced was pain and terror.

She was hospitalized for weeks, and walked with a cane for 18 months afterwards and had to relearn basic math and other daily living skills.

The human brain is a strange organ.

Rest in peace, Natasha.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How sad. What a beautiful woman.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
this is really sad ,if I recall Sonny Bono died in very similar circumstances

how awful for the family

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Very tragic but it's fate----wrong place, wrong time.Her predestined time was that day and that time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is very sad RIP Natasha Richardson.

It's also odd. I used to ski, I have ate it so hard I would be dizzy for a while. It is strange that a slight fall like this would cause death.

It is a tragedy to be sure

top topics

join