It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Masonic Open house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I heard on the radio that the Masonic lodges in Ohio will be having an open house for anyone who wants to come and ask questions. It will be Saturday the 21st. It looks like the times are different for each lodge and it might be for all states as well. The radio only mentioned Ohio lodges and it said the Sylvania lodge and the Toledo Lodge. If you're interested, I'd call your local lodge and ask.

Here's a calendar for the Columbus Lodge.

www.northwesttemple.com...

I don't have anything to do with the masons, I just thought I would pass along the info.

Mods if this is not acceptable, please delete it.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Recruitment. Pahh how unpleasant.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I thought this would be a great opportunity for those that have serious questions about the masons could ask. I see so many threads on here about the masons. But--I suppose you are right. They must be doing it for recruitment.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up. My cousin is a mason and to get into Eastern Star (the female not-so-much-just-to-please-the-women counterpart), you have to be related directly to a mason.

He talked to a few masons and they said a cousin would be okay. So, he's invited me to an open house at the end of this month.

Now, I'm a person who examines their motives on a regular basis as I'm trying to live the best 'conscious' life I can. I was going to go join the Eastern Star for the reasons you had mentioned. It was just from a journalistic / research motive. Is that living a conscious, authentic life? I'm still weighing this but, I'm probably going to decline.

Plus, I'm not a very social creature and wouldn't look forward to pitch-in dinner. ::wrinkles nose::

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
My cousin is a mason and to get into Eastern Star (the female not-so-much-just-to-please-the-women counterpart), you have to be related directly to a mason.

In my state that requirement is not necessary and anyone can join regardless of familial membership, or lack there of, in the Masons.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastmanstanding

Heh. Yes, that'd be part of it, no doubt.

And they are opening the lodge to non members as well to come in and look around. My be a good time for some of our "investigators" to come in and look around.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

In my state that requirement is not necessary and anyone can join regardless of familial membership, or lack there of, in the Masons.

Most state Grand Chapters are affiliated with the General Grand Chapter, which does indeed require relation to a Master Mason. See www.easternstar.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastmanstanding

Sorry, but Masons cannot recruit. All members come on their own accord and seek out membership.

new topics

top topics

join