It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Grayling, our nations most evil secret!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dear all,
I had heard about these "secrect internment camps" and was duly shocked. How could this be? And on my own U.S. soil no less! Well by god, I had to do something about it......RESEARCH! Within five minutes, I was able to take seemingly the best example of a U.S. concentration camp (Scawwrrrryy Camp Grayling) and find out just what those evil towers and poorly constructed barb wire fences were for..........drum roll please..........an enemy prisoner of war training compound! What a shocker I mean, who in their right mind would train our military to be able to deal with a prisoner of war population? America takes no prisoners right!??!!. Seriously though sit back and think about it. I wouldn't want someone with no jump experience being a paratrooper nor would I want someone with no prison camp experience dealing with a prison camp. That's like taking cops off the street and without training telling them they're going to run a prison. I'm sure they'd be a whole lotta carnage and screw ups before they got it right. There's a reason a cop is cop and a prison guard is a prison guard. So without writing too much more on it decide for yourself. Follow this link about Camp Grayling and see what it lists as part of it's training facilities www.mi.ngb.army.mil...
But that's what they want you to think right? Well if you're still not convinced go snooping around one of the ranges, I'm sure that'll lend some creedence to you stories about them fiercely defending one of our nations greatest conspiracy theories.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by dosomeresearch]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Removed because I should have followed up.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Friend those aren't to train POW's. Those are for AMERICAN citizens who decide they want to fight for their freedoms.

The government built those to keep Americans inside from foiling their plans, come on now, do you honestly think they would train POW's to do anything for them?

You can't trust a prisoner to do something for you correcly, they would get out the first chance they got, or they would put a bullet in your head if you handed them a gun.

You're right, it's very scary, but you're scared for the wrong reasons. It's people like you and me those things are intended for.

~Keeper

P.S--Structure your posts a little bit, we dont like reading only one huge paragraph

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you go to that website, the thing I love most is the image of the comfortable, smiling 'civilians' on the left and then the stoic and grim look of the 'soldiers' to the right.

Before: Happy citizens:

After: Glum soldiers:

[edit on 17-3-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you looked at the link you'd see it's not to train the POW's, it's to train the military to run a prison camp should we need to HOUSE POW's.

By jumping to the conclusion that we should fear military personnel with the knowledge of how to run a prison camp, you display a clear lack of knowledge on the function of the military.

The military doesn't just kill everything that moves. Every army that's ever existed took prisoners and it's an innate function of any fighting force to know what to do with them.

Otherwise we'd just kill off everyone who surrenders and hell, even the Nazis didn't do that.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That website gives me a security warning not to enter it. Anybody else getting this?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Yup - security warning for me too. I didn't go there.

It ain't a post without a second line.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hahaha maybe I'm really a government agent hell bent on getting you to click that link. Seriously though all it says is that one of the bases' training facilities is an "Enemy Prisoner of War Compound."

It has a list of bulleted training facilities like "Small Arms Range," "Light Mortar Range," etc. The whole point of this thread was simply to point out that this so called "concentration camp" is just a training facility used to teach troops how to run a POW camp.

What I was trying to point out above was that in any conventional war, it IS necessary to house prisoners and depending on the size of the war, house prisoners in a prison camp.

I mean, I thought the idea of a homeland concentration camp was cool and shocking too but in reality it's listed right on the bases' website what the place is for.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dosomeresearch

Do you think that any of the other 130 camps have "Secret Fema Concentration Camp" listed on their website?

Really, do you not see how these things are cleverly sold as something else. Fema ordered like 1000 boxcars with shackles in them. That is dowright scary.

Ohh and BTW, there is no need for taking prisoners or to have wars. The whole idea of human fighting human is ridiculous.

Stupid Imaginary Lines In The Sand...

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh and my apologies for the sarcasm in the first post. It was admittedly childish. I was just so shocked that people could launch all this speculation about what the camp could be for when it's listed right on the bases' website.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree war is undoubtedly pointless and stupid. But do you not agree that taking prisoners is necessary should a war start? I mean what do we do, just kill everyone?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Do you really believe what is written on government websites? I mean honestly you take that at face value?

So then you also believe that Iraq had WMD's when the government told you they did?

I'm just a little confused and shocked that you trust the interweb, let alone a government website to give you the truth about anything?

And no, I don't believe we should kill anybody, but why would you need detention camps in YOUR country if your fighting abroad? And why so many of them?

One of those camps is estimated at holding like 5-10 thousand people, why would you need to hold almost 1 million people in your own country?

Sounds kinda off doesn't it?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Of course I wouldn't trust everything the government tells me. But if the government tells me a ramshackle makeshift prison compound out in Michigan is used for training troops to run a real prison compound, it's seems pretty logical to me.

If it were so secret they could easily deny it exists as they do most other things. Oh and why house prisoners on U.S. soil?

The following was taken from an article on Nazi Prisoners of War in the U.S:

"There were three major reasons for housing these prisoners on American soil. First, it was originally discussed that the prisoners would be kept in England, but after seeing the huge numbers of prisoners, England decided there was not enough room in their country and asked America to house them instead.

Another reason was that once we captured the Afrika Korps, we were required to feed them. Food for the prisoners was brought from America by ship. Soon, it became obvious that the room used on the ships to bring food to the POWs was depriving American servicemen from being properly fed. So, the logical answer was to transport all the POWs to America.

The other major reason for housing prisoners on American soil was that they could be used as bargaining chips to assure that American POWs still on foreign soil would be returned back home."

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Taken from the same site:

"very few Americans know that from 1942 to 1946 more than 400,000 German, Italian and Austrian Nazi prisoners were housed in over five hundred major camps and several satellite camps in many U.S. states, including Ohio, California, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oregon, Georgia, Texas and Nebraska. In Texas alone, there were about seventy camps. Most of the prisoners were enlisted men, but there was a small amount of officers as well."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Fema ordered like 1000 boxcars with shackles in them. That is dowright scary.

Ummmm sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Dude, this post is totally bogus. I went TDY (temp duty) there on 2 different occasions for 4 months at a time. All it is is a po dunk US Army reserve training area. I ran the TMC (troop med clinic) while I was there...If you want to see some real Army training come to Ft Bragg.... Why dont you research before posting...

top topics

join