It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Team Adopts McCain's Optimism on Economy

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Obama Team Adopts McCain's Optimism on Economy


www.foxnews.com

"Of course the fundamentals are sound," Obama economic adviser Christina Romer said Sunday.

The administration is now keeping the focus on "all the fundamentally sound aspects of our economy," Obama said Friday
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well now isnt that funny. Obama called mccain out of touch and pretty much an idiot for calling the fundamentals strong, yet obama claims this same idea 5 months later with the DOW down 6000 more points than when McCain said it. Other than those sandel wearing prius driving hippies in california, who does obama really think hes fooling?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman
 


Actually it was from Bush that McCain got it and now Obama is just falling for the same rhetoric, interesting that he is proven not to be any better either.

What a joke.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
During the campaign Obama wanted to reform the country with all of his liberal policies. I'm glad he's seeing the light.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
He is doing worst that Bush did, he is actually fermenting the hold of the Federal Reserve a private entity on the nations economy and treasury department.

That alone is treason as the laws, bills and regulations rest on congress that is elected by the people, not on a private bank cartel call the Federal Reserve that the only thing linked to government is the word Federal.

This unconstitutional.

In all my wildest dream I would never imagine Obama going against the constitutions now I see how deceiving he has been.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wasn't this guy just giving Dire Warnings a couple months ago? Oh, that's right, he was using scare tactics to get his Earmark err.. I mean Stimulus Bill through. He'll be back at it for Stimulus 3 and 4 and....... I don't put much hope in the general population seeing through it though, their attention span is measured in seconds.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's funny that when McCain mentioned the economy he was lambasted by the loonies on the left yet when Obama the messiah says the same thing, it's profound.





posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i must say he is the greatest illusionist in history. Jesse jackson can keep crying since inauguration because obama just ruined it for another black to be elected to the white house for a looong time



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i must say he is the greatest illusionist in history. Jesse jackson can keep crying since inauguration because obama just ruined it for another black to be elected to the white house for a looong time


Doesn't matter because we won't have another U.S. President, they will be World Presidents from now on.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
General patton please



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
no takers? wheres the obamatrons



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman


Well now isnt that funny. Obama called mccain out of touch and pretty much an idiot for calling the fundamentals strong, yet obama claims this same idea 5 months later with the DOW down 6000 more points than when McCain said it.



LOL!!

Dude... that's like saying "I can't believe Obama is saying it's sunny out today when he lampooned McCain for saying it was sunny out 5 months ago..."

When McCain said it, we were all in complete denial about the realities of our situation... the entire market crashed since then...

Have you even bothered to look at the supporting details around a statement like that 5 months ago and a statement like that today and if it is actually an accurate reflection of now vs then?





[edit on 17-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
yup when mccain said the statement we were still in the high 11,000's in the DOW, when Obama said it we were in the high 6's. I'd say it was more correct when mccain said it then obama who last week pretty much sang "its the end of the world as we know it" while handing out billion dollar bills to companies that cant be run by greedless people.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman
 


First off.. Obama never said "The fundamentals of our economy are strong" right before it tanked.

Obama did say that they are focusing on the fundamentally sound aspects of the economy...

That is a COMPLETELY different thing. For example, a fundamental of our economy which is not strong right now is housing...

However, I'm sure that that the repossession industry has fundamentally sound aspects to it in this recession...

Do you see the difference?


Second off...

When McCain said it, the market died shortly after, showing how "out of touch" he really was when he said that. Although I think he wasn't so much out of touch as he was just playing on conservative denial.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Have you even bothered to look at the supporting details around a statement like that 5 months ago and a statement like that today and if it is actually an accurate reflection of now vs then?


If what Obama said is true - and I don't believe a word he says - then there was absolutely no need to have passed the latest non-stimulating stimulus bill. Afterall - none of the money has been spent yet so it must not be needed. We can cancel it. Get our money back.



[edit on 3/17/2009 by FlyersFan]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


See that doesn't make sense either, because if your bank is low one day, and full after a paycheck (stimulus) the next, it's not the same landscape.

It's a logical thing to say on Monday that we are in the crapper, on Tuesday sign a spending bill , and then on Wednesday say that we look good...



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Looks like Fox News is trying to take this comment and run with it!

Fox News Edits Clip To Suggest That Biden Recently Declared ‘Fundamentals Of The Economy Are Strong’


This afternoon, Fox News’s Martha MacCallum introduced a segment highlighting Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Christina Romer’s claim yesterday that the “fundamentals of the economy are sound.” “After weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune,” MacCallum said.

She then played clips of Romer and other administration officials making seemingly positive comments about the current state of the economy. One of the clips was of Vice President Biden saying, “The fundamentals of the economy are strong!”
******SKIP******
But the clip of Biden seemingly making a recent remark about the strength of the economy is grossly inaccurate. The Biden statement was actually from last September — during the presidential campaign — when he was quoting Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).


Here's the two video's, ...

This is the one Fox just aired trying to make it seem like Biden has just recently said this.

Fox Edits 6-Month Old Biden Video To Claim He Recently Said Economy Was Strong


And here's the clip from 6 months ago, when Biden was quoting McCain.

Joe Biden on John McCain's 'strong economy' comments


You can never trust Fox News!

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Keyhole]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


"It's a logical thing to say on Monday that we are in the crapper, on Tuesday sign a spending bill , and then on Wednesday say that we look good..."

And after not finishing the paper work from Monday... no matter how good it looks... it still STINKS!



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
Looks like Fox News is trying to take this comment and run with it!

Fox News Edits Clip To Suggest That Biden Recently Declared ‘Fundamentals Of The Economy Are Strong’


This afternoon, Fox News’s Martha MacCallum introduced a segment highlighting Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Christina Romer’s claim yesterday that the “fundamentals of the economy are sound.” “After weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune,” MacCallum said.

She then played clips of Romer and other administration officials making seemingly positive comments about the current state of the economy. One of the clips was of Vice President Biden saying, “The fundamentals of the economy are strong!”
******SKIP******
But the clip of Biden seemingly making a recent remark about the strength of the economy is grossly inaccurate. The Biden statement was actually from last September — during the presidential campaign — when he was quoting Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).


Here's the two video's, ...

This is the one Fox just aired trying to make it seem like Biden has just recently said this.

Fox Edits 6-Month Old Biden Video To Claim He Recently Said Economy Was Strong


And here's the clip from 6 months ago, when Biden was quoting McCain.

Joe Biden on John McCain's 'strong economy' comments


You can never trust Fox News!

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Keyhole]


OMG!

Keyhole... Excellent find... I can't believe they did that... that's rather rich of them


Wow.... just wow!

As I assumed, the entire news item here, this thread included, is simply built on nothing...



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Obama has pledged a few trillion to fixing the economy. Even in such a short time his policies are making the economy more sound. The banking system was ready to fold up before he took over. His commiment to fixing it has indeed resulted in stronger fundamentals. I really don't see how anyone can deny this.

I am about done with this site because of the ill informed hate that is always being thrown around. It is hard to have a serious discussion based on facts any longer.

I blame a lack of moderation for allowing these dishonest topics to continue to be expressed. When people are arguing from false facts, someone here with authority needs to point that out and insist on discussing real facts only.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join