It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have China and the U.S. ever flexed muscles like this before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So China and the U.S. face off with a couple of warships, and immediately people jump in and start wargaming World War Three. Holy Mackerel.

Hysterical bloviation, bloviated hysteria.

I thought I'd open this thread to give some of the older hands here a chance to talk about any previous times China and the U.S. have messed about like this, to contextualize the situation, and make people realise it doesn't have to end in Armageddon.

The situation is potentially extremely dangerous, sure, but if anyone at all out there could give an emergency shot of sobriety I'd appreciate it.

You might want to look at this from youtube as well:

/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Stuff like this happens all the time you just don't ever hear about it.

Things like Russian jets skirting countries airspace. Intelligence ships right outside the 3 mile marker for international waters, etc.

Nothing is going to happen unless China fires first. They could sink us before we even got a carrier and more battle ships to the region. They just offer up selling our T-bills for penny's on the dollar and we would be done.

In the grand scheme of things we are always on the verge of WWIII. Despite what the talking heads and media outlets and governments would want you to believe things are always on edge. But if everybody knew that then everything would change.

Incidents like this only come to light when they need political leverage to further a certain aspect of their agenda.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's an interesting dynamic that is happening here. The US has an allegidly peaceful "military" research ship casually mapping the oceanic floor with sonar near the Chinese nuclear submarine port.

And China responds with a "harassment" of ships which for the most part just bare their buttocks to the US shipmates.

If China was conducting these tests in open waters so close to the US, what would the US reaction be?

It's a dynamic... the US is near their territory with a military ship conducting clear and obvious spy missions.

China has to react.

Is it world war three? I don't think so, but it shows that the US is very busy meddling and pushing the buttons of other nations in their quest for world dominance does it not?

Nations will resist.

Now Obama sends in military destroyers to support this ship, let's see what China does in response.

Welcome to the world of the military cat and mouse game.

It's been going on for a long long time.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Be careful not to read too much into so well publicized events.

If i were the USA and China and wanted to work on a joint venture project and not raise suspicions of a neighbor, i would go about it in this manner.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Interesting and intelligent responses, given me a lot to think about. I kind of assumed this stuff happened a lot, but I don't follow the military press so I have no concrete knowledge of it...

It's interesting the media spin as well: U.S. strays into Chinese waters, and the CHinese are the ones harrassing. Imagine the situation off the Florida coast in reverse. People would be digging bomb shelters and running for the hills right now.

Halberg, could it be cover for a joint op? Maybe so, maybe so....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This was a created event.

See my thread: NWO, China, USA Economics and International Policy - March 13, 2009

The recent China/US ships debacle are good examples of the NWO shaping US economic and international policy. It doesn't technically qualify as a false flag event because it’s an economic not physical attack but it is an absolutely CREATED event to ensure that the United Nations Law of the Seas Treaty is ratified by the U.S. Congress.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If they start advertising these events like they have. Get ready to bend over and take another one.

They know that people are starting to rise up against the Govt. and all there BS. If you are waiting for a false flag, just get ready.

With everyone almost broke, according to "them", why are they spending all the extra efforts to do these types of things?

Because it's all only paper made from thin air.............

top topics

join