It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos erupts in crowd at NYC 'Top Model' auditions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
CNN mentioned that someone yelled "FIRE!!!" and that's what started the melee.

No confirmation on that just yet.

What happened was there was an over heated car smoking right across the street from them. A couple of the people standing in line for whatever reason decided it was a bomb and decided to start yelling that there was a bomb. So naturally people started running and all hell broke loose. Fights, pushing, shoving stampeding, like the animals we are...

That is what was told on ABC news and on youtube videos of the incident as well.

So whether they yelled fire or bomb. It was not a riot as some people have suggested it was just people rushing to get out of the way of danger and in the process causing even more danger. It COULD have become a riot though. People were fighting

[edit on 15-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks!

Great description and relay of news...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Good thing no one was killed in that frenzy. It reminds me of those overnight sales stores have, where crowds of people pile up at the door, and then they all run in when the business opens its doors.

For those that were injured, I hope they sue the CW network. There could have been a lot more organization in forming the competition.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
HAhah i bet someone said they were prettier than someone else, or that someone else didn't have a chance coz they were ugly ;-P

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm kind of sickened by some of these replies. Posters I thought would be respectful are writing this off just because they're thin and pretty? Some of them probably got seriously hurt!

What if this were republican teens protesting against the current administration, and a riot broke out? You wouldn't be joking. Same if it were democrat teens against Bush.

This is no more a laughing matter than that. :/

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think they just realized one of the girls was thinner and nobody wanted to be seen standing next to her.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Watching that video it's quite obvious that someone let off a horrendous fart.

XL5

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If it really was an overheated car, thats sad. Its too bad more girls don't know how a car works or doesn't. This wouldn't have happend if it were Americas next top engineer. Infact, they should make the two events and use one line for both, just because that may be the most "action" the engineers get. I bet the engineers could start the "action" just by shouting......SCIENCE!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is exactly why the MSM has been dumbing down the channels, to make people stupid and easily controllable.

We have 'celebrities' who do nothing and contribute absolutely NOTHING to society but they get paid lots of money to sit on their skinny a**es .
The people and younger community think that to be popular you have to be rich, and that to be rich you have to appear on a 'reality TV' program.
To appear on these shows you don't have to be intelligent just good looking.
And its sad to see that younger people these days are falling for it, they are all lazy and stupid, being lied to daily by shows like 'big brother' x-factor and such.
You go on one of those type of shows , you get a little money maybe, but the hosts, and the contract holders rake in all the money off your back , all because your too stupid to do it yourself.

I forsee that in the next generation or two, we'll have no one who can build a real durable house or a great work of art. We'll just have footballers and models and singers.

But the real rich people WILL be the ones that can build homes .

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
I'm kind of sickened by some of these replies. Posters I thought would be respectful are writing this off just because they're thin and pretty? Some of them probably got seriously hurt!

What if this were republican teens protesting against the current administration, and a riot broke out? You wouldn't be joking. Same if it were democrat teens against Bush.

I hope you weren't refering to me?

The only reason people got hurt is because of a couple peoples stupidity by yelling out "bomb" at an over-heating car. And for people to react savagely like that just shows how civilized some people truely are. It also shows humans fight or flight syndrome. and they flew....

PS... I have a wicked sense of humour, i laughed when the 2006 tsnami happened. and cracked jokes. Same with the victorian bushfires, Same with the london bombings, etc. Seeing how badly people react to the deaths of others amuses me to no end.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Is it little wonder that the Scums see the majority of people as stupid cattle after seeing this pathetic lot trying to get their skinny behinds on tv?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

That pretty much makes you a bad person.

That's not a wicked sense of humor- it's a bad sense of humor. If your family were to be in a bombing, and your reaction were taped, would you watch it and laugh at yourself?

So, yeah, among others, I'm talking about you.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Your average New York resident is slightly above the level of a feral hyena when it comes to standards of social behavior.

Most of these "pretty girls" are really ferocious harridans who are more than capable of removing your manhood with an eyeliner pencil.

Sidenote - it's funny that when viewed from above and from a long distance, the "mob" looks more like a virus under a microscope.

Perhaps Agent Smith was correct after all.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

I forsee that in the next generation or two, we'll have no one who can build a real durable house or a great work of art. We'll just have footballers and models and singers.

But the real rich people WILL be the ones that can build homes .

This totally reminded me of the movie Idiocracy. Mike Judge has as firm a grip on reality as anybody out there and a damn good sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

It makes me a bad person?

Well excuse me for not feeling empathy so intimately when 100,000 people die from a tsnami. It's not my fault they died. Sure when you stop to think about it those people all lived and had lives and had friends, lovers, family, babies, hopes, dreams. Sure. But the world is a messed up place, whether they die by natural death, war, starvation, fire, flooding, eartquake, tsnami, etc, etc, it doesn't matter. People die all the time time and everyone who lives WILL die. Everyone dies. My view on the afterlife is that there IS one. And i DO think they go to a happier, nicer place. I also do believe that if you want to be re-incarnated you can be. So when i see people crying over their gone loved ones or people making a huge
thing over these people who have gone and died in some tragic tsnami, bombing, earthquake, hurricane... quite frankly i cant see the fuss.

If my parents and family were to die in some suicide bombing, sure i'd would cry because i wouldn't see them again till i died (i believe) and i'd miss them terribly, and i'd hope the suicide bomber got to realise what a mistake they made after being dead and could grow from it spiritually, But wuite frankly i'd realise that it's beyond my control, and that everyone dies sometime and their time to go had come, and i'd be happy they had gone to better pastures. In my heart they would still be with me. And i'd always remember them and remember the good times with the bad.
And you know what, i'd probably still crack a joke to myself like "well, they never saw that coming", "quite an explosive situation they got themselves into, hahah"

Makes me a bad person? I just loook on the brighter side of life.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

And whats the difference between liverpool winning in the soccer and manchester united fans go on a rampaging riot?

It's still stupid and funny to see the stupidity of some people....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join