It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos erupts in crowd at NYC 'Top Model' auditions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Chaos erupts in crowd at NYC 'Top Model' auditions

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK – Three people were arrested and six others hurt Saturday after bedlam broke out while they waited to audition for "America's Next Top Model," police said.

Police didn't know what prompted the chaos involving hundreds of people outside the Park Central New York hotel in Manhattan. The panic left the street outside the hotel littered with shoes and clothing, according to news reports
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I wouldn't normally post something like this but look at that videoooooo.

Does anyone know what happened here? It's as if there's a stampeded of elephants coming their way and they all start running in panic.

I've never seen anything like this in a city area.

Anyone know what happened?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Man, it looks like the cops took someone to the ground, and then others jumped on some of the cops and then they got taken down...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Whoa. Intense!
Someone trying out the new mind control toys on a mass of people?
Very weird...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To me it looked like they opened the building door there in the center and people just started running to get in, then all the pushing and shoving started fights.

I needed ear plugs just to listen to that vid!

The NYC audition was cancled i believe after this,

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
CNN mentioned that someone yelled "FIRE!!!" and that's what started the melee.

No confirmation on that just yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think what happened is someone opened a bag of crackers.... and well... you know

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Self centered women who want to get on TV to become rich and famous. I am surprised it hasn't happened before on this phony "reality" show. When you consider that many of them had been severely dieting to get in shape for the audition, it is no wonder there was a riot. It's a Barbie world, full of plastic girls.

Not sure why this is on ATS though. Unless you can point to a conspiracy or perhaps that Aliens were involved.

[edit on 15/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

yvid: ze3BMeofU9k

I wouldn't normally post something like this but look at that videoooooo.

Does anyone know what happened here? It's as if there's a stampeded of elephants coming their way and they all start running in panic.

I've never seen anything like this in a city area.

news.yahoo.com

I guess they heard Beyonce's "I'm a Diva" song one too many times.

People will act outrageous for reality TV.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Probably the usual crap, herd a few thousand people into a tight space, throw in some riot police and a few provocateurs, then tell people how violent and dangerous they all are and ramp up fascism, for their protection, obviously.

That said, if that was for Top Model auditions, I would say that would have been the most superficial yet well dressed riot in town!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Crazy how a simple reality tv show audition can turn people into savages eh?

I've read a few reports in the past that they only allow so many people to audition per center, that might be why were seeing what happened today.

I think Tyra will have her work cut out for her this time around.

Another testament to our very under-developped society.

Good job folks!

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ahhhh ..... the hysterically beautiful .

Maybe they were showing Tyra how much they wanted it.....

* Warning~ may contain scenes of distressed models *

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sadly, this makes sense in a misguided country full of people hopelessly locked in a cult of jock and celebrity worship. This is kind of sick. The cognitive dissonance that this inspires for me is troubling. On one hand, I feel like this would have been a good place to drop a bomb, and on the other hand I feel sorry for them. I realize that they are misguided young women who have families that would grieve for them if that were to happen. Whoa. This is just strange.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The news report I saw (ch 7 news, Aust) said that a BMW broke down, someone claimed there was a bomb in that car. People just freaked, trying to get away.

...it's a sick sad world...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You know, those women were all starving to death! Low blood sugar, nerves, many divas I'm sure. Still, I guess we all like to see a cat fight every now and then.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i think it is possible that this might be orchestrated, in that the incident might be used to bring in more restrictive laws on public assembly. i also think that is more probable that this type of behaviour is indicative of group response to a possible threat in a post-911 world, particularly in NYC.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here come the riots that guys like Alan Watt spoke of .

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Self centered women who want to get on TV to become rich and famous. I am surprised it hasn't happened before on this phony "reality" show. When you consider that many of them had been severely dieting to get in shape for the audition, it is no wonder there was a riot. It's a Barbie world, full of plastic girls.

Not sure why this is on ATS though. Unless you can point to a conspiracy or perhaps that Aliens were involved.

[edit on 15/3/09 by Terapin]

Uhm... it's pretty obvious isn't it?

Mob mentality at a level the police said they had never seen?

Hello!? McFly!!!???

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
Here come the riots that guys like Alan Watt spoke of .

Alan Watts spoke about riots?

When was this? I've read "What does it Matter" of his, and so maybe it was someplace else, but this is news to me.

Could you provide some support for that please?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
Sadly, this makes sense in a misguided country full of people hopelessly locked in a cult of jock and celebrity worship.

Could you please point to any country at anytime in the history of the world that this statement doesn't apply to?

I'm so sick of people who believe today is so worse than any other time as far as where our values are...

People, our values aren't any different today then they have ever been... we have ALWAYS been obsessed with celebrities and jocks!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join