It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you care about us young people ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm 19 years old and I share the sentiment of this bright young girl in this video.

You should too if you really love your children.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wow crazy that a teenager is saying this... Very resonating message, I wish that people would wake up, obviously she is awake. Star and Flag new video to me

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What a bunch of tripe! I couldn't make it through a minute and a half, without throwing up a little.

Brainwashing and indoctrination are very bad things.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow!!! Out of the mouth of babes. I hope she always stays so righteous and strong. She got the stuff world leaders should be made of - love and compassion. She brought a stream of tears to my eyes.

I don't hear many teens talking about things other than their music, computers, etc. I'm not saying they aren't aware of these problems. It could be that like the rest of us they feel lost as to how to get things to change. I pray they do not become apathetic. So I hope that they too will hear the wake up call provided by folks like this young lady or our failures will continue from one generation to the next.

Thanks for sharing. It made a great sermon for my Sunday morning.

R.R.conservative you are now on my ignore list.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

tripe huh, so you think our world is perfect? Ya your right its tripe for a teenager to recognize how F'd up our world is. There we go, who cares about others , as long as im good who cares that our fellow man is suffering. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And her parents are, Mr & Mrs Greenpeace activists, who chain themselves to fences in the name of CO2 emmisions, who live on benefits because they can't hold down a job because they keep getting sacked because they make their priorities going to demonstrations.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

tripe huh, so you think our world is perfect? Ya your right its tripe for a teenager to recognize how F'd up our world is. There we go, who cares about others , as long as im good who cares that our fellow man is suffering. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I dont agree with everything she says...but the political side of things i do,the whole species going extinct is nonsense though,hundreds of species go extinct everyday and its nothing to do with humans...its called nature.But most i agree with,obviously hasn't made a difference though as to how the world runs.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I bet if she gave a speech like that against a campaigning Obama she would have made him look as stupid as Bush.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This video was made a long time ago.

I cannot make out the date on the wall as it zooms in, it's looks like 1972, but I don't know.

She'd be having a [snip] fit now with the world.

Mod edit: Please don't circumvent the censors.

Peace

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The girl speaking, Severn Suzuki, is the daughter of a Canadian television personality who is also a geneticist and champion of the "save the planet" movement. Here is a link to his bio on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

He used to be a typical television popularizer of scientific topics of all sorts, but in recent years has blossomed into an ardent (bordering on strident?) advocate for a green revolution on the planet.

The film must be newer than 1972 because Severn was born in 1979.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

This is David Suzuki's daughter. He is one of the great thinkers and I've watched him all my life. Now its understandable. She has incredible parents.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Even if it is indoctrination and tripe, it's not right to take out anger on a little girl trying to get her message out. Feel-good as it is, the vast majority of the people watching this video have not been as active in their own causes as she was.

This said, I am not in the same boat as the girl. There are far larger problems in the world. Once we achieve Utopia... then maybe we can try to fix every life. Until then, we have to deal with the real world and where that world is headed.

An interesting find.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I can just barely make out 1992 on the banner in the background. She mentions having watches, computers, etc. Very inspiring and no less pertinent today.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie

I can just barely make out 1992 on the banner in the background. She mentions having watches, computers, etc. Very inspiring and no less pertinent today.

She'd be still only about 30 now - quite young.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
What a bunch of tripe! I couldn't make it through a minute and a half, without throwing up a little.

Brainwashing? What brainwashing? Apparently you didnt make it through the first 10 seconds because if you did you would have heard her say that she is there because her and her friends raised the money. THEY wanted to go there. They did this all by themselves! With out help from ANYONE ELSE.

I must admit I am taken aback that you actually have a problem with a message of coming together and trying to fix things and make the world a better place for future generations.

How is that a bad message?

Do you actually support making the world a worse place for future generations? Do you want us to just blow the world up so there are no future generations?

You throw around words such as "brainwashing" and "tripe" Yet you clearly did not even listen. Your ears were shut and you made an assumption that in the end was a false assumption.

You assumed that this girl was put up to this. You assume that she was brainwashed by adults. You claim that you listened to a minute and a half of this yet you have no idea of the fact that she and her friends decided to go speak, They decided to raise the money to get there. They decided that they had a message they wanted to convey.

You seem to have an issue with a message of peace and love and making the world a better place. I do not understand you. You seem to think that no child can possibly want peace and love with out being brainwashed. I do not understand you. You seem to think they were forced into this. I do not understand you.

I feel it is safe to say that peace and love and making the world a better place is a great message so why does that frighten you?

What is scary about no more war? What is scary about a healthy environment? What is scary about a better future for all mankind?

I hope you reconsider one day listening to the full message, and actually LISTEN to it, because messages of peace and love and better tommorows are what we need.

Some one needed to go talk to these adults and set them straight and quite frankly I am not surprised that it took a child to do so. Children are MUCH smarter than most give them credit for.

Children DO understand peace and love are good things and they understand that war and hate are bad. They do understand that they will be the leaders of the future. They do understand that if the leaders of today do not do something quick there will not be a future for them to lead.

You know what? They understand this WITHOUT being brainwashed.

What this girl has said is NOT "tripe" as you put it. IT IS THE TRUTH! If we do not straighten up our act today, we will not have a second chance to straighten up tommorow.

Remember that my friend. Remember that I am not brainwashed and I can see that this girl speaks truth! Remember that love and peace are good things, not bad. Remember that the envirnoment is being hurt by us. Remember that it does need to be repaired. Remember that the earth is NOT an unlimited resource. It can and will die if we do not take care of it.

That, My friend, is NOT tripe. That is the TRUTH!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One might like and want to protect the forests, animals, plants ect. but another might not like those same things and won't want to protect it. So using emotive words isn't going to do much. She would plow down the forests, kill the animals and plants too if the price was right.

The problem is that people are going to do what they want and what is profitable. If she has a solution to greed I'd love to hear it. Her parents probably wrote the speech for her but good for her anyways.

I went through an animal rights phase when I was about her age also, but it passed since I found there are more important things to consider. Human suffering was also something that was on my mind a lot as a kid, but "seeing" it and spreading the message of what you see isn't the solution. People can be aware of the murders that go on everyday, and every other problem in the world, but that doesn't change the world. That's what bugs me about her little speech, it doesn't address the fundemental issues surrounding human behavior and perception.

Originally posted by RRconservative

I agree, there are more effective ways to get your point across. Poetry is moving, but it can be a bit sickening lol.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To youth that thinks things should have been different....

"The world is the way it is , because if it was not, you would not be here to observe it"

Be glad you are alive and able to make a difference for the future.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would have been very moved by this video back in '92 when it was possibly recorded, but now? Not so much.

I want to respond, "I'm a long-time lied-to adult who has been trying to choose sides between two evil political parties for the past 20 years, so I am now so disgusted and confused that I have no idea how to save the planet and create the utopia you've been convinced I should provide you."

My advice: Wear sunscreen.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This video was posted on another thread. When I saw it, I had to respond. The original post is at www.abovetopsecret.com... , but I am reposting it here:

Originally posted by TheRedneck

OK, I watched the vid. Sad, so, so, so sad. That poor girl, used by the ones entrusted to protect her, to further a political goal and bring in more money from the pockets of her own parents... she is literally scared to death!

I have two specific comments to her, and to you:

* Did you have to worry about these things when you were my age? No, I didn't. I had to worry about someone halfway around the world pushing a button and my world disappearing in a milli-second of nuclear explosion. I had to worry about my flesh melting away from my bones before I had time to die. I had to worry about somehow surviving in a world where the water and the very air was tainted by a poison that would eat me alive from the inside, assuming I was lucky enough to experience that.

* If you can't fix it, stop breaking it! Exactly what are we breaking, and how are we breaking it? She never addresses that with anything close to specifics. Am I breaking something by driving to work? Exactly what are my choices if I stop driving to work? Does she want my children to go hungry so she can feel better about her environment?

This is nothing more than a blatant example of what we are doing to our children with all this pseudo-science about CO2 and ozone and the like. Al Gore, Jim Hansen, and the myriad of others who support this agenda of fear are killing our children with fear. As the girl speaking clearly shows, they do ot even know what it is they are afraid of, only that if something isn't "done" to "fix it", her generation will be "in trouble".

How can people be so cruel? this girl should be playing with her friends. She should be attending slumber parties and giggling about which boy in her school is cutest. She should be preparing for her future life as an adult. She should not be losing sleep worrying about some mythological beast that is going to devour her and her friends and children.

Cruelty... pure cruelty, done in the name of ignorance and power. Global Warming activists must be very proud of themselves.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join